And so it begins.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Here we go

Gonna see a lot of this I think

Shouldn’t be a surprise
    Missouri is one of the states labeled as high risk

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    No surprise, honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Good, just shut it all down. I honestly don't understand the point in finishing this season when it would already be the offseason. Preseason games would be in 2 months. Why can't we just wait? We're going to risk everyone's health to unnecessarily finish this season and then destroy the timing of the next few? So dumb.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    Good, just shut it all down. I honestly don't understand the point in finishing this season when it would already be the offseason. Preseason games would be in 2 months. Why can't we just wait? We're going to risk everyone's health to unnecessarily finish this season and then destroy the timing of the next few? So dumb.
    This. 100%. Couldnít agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Obviously need to salvage some TV revenue.

Some teams and league may fold if there's a 2nd wave.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    It's weird, it was such a big part of my life, now I don't really care if Profesional Sports ever comes back.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Goes to show how unimportant professional sports are in life, especially with "real world" issues going on right now.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    Great post.

Bank of Quinn BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Obviously need to salvage some TV revenue.

Some teams and league may fold if there's a 2nd wave.
    Exactly this. It's easy to say "What's the point of trying?" but there are so many moving parts here and exchanges of money that need to occur for the league to run properly. The NHL isn't the NBA where they can afford a $150M staycation in Disney World including a shitload of useless amenities to keep the players "happy." The NHL quite frankly needs the money. There's a certain amount of liquidity that doesn't exist and if teams/players don't get paid this becomes even more problematic. Bonuses were still paid out a few days ago. Future contracts are still being upheld. This upcoming playoff is 90% about the revenue and 10% about finding an actual Stanley Cup winner. If they can accomplish it as safely as they can then I have no problem with it. I might not fully agree with it but I'd also rather not see the NHL potentially damaged by the financial consequences. Some of you will argue until you're blue about the virus' effect on "regular people" but here we have an industry that is trying hard to stay afloat too. Sure, many involved are millionaires, but the NHL affects and puts money into pockets of way more people than owners, players, and coaches.

Yeah, that's super. Nobody seemed to give a shit about Bill's Excavation when he got shut down, but now I'm supposed to give a fuck about these clowns?

People that plead their "Please think of me" stories on SM to their millions of followers three days before cashing a 12 million dollar bonus cheque? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Yeah, that's super. Nobody seemed to give a shit about Bill's Excavation when he got shut down, but now I'm supposed to give a fuck about these clowns?

People that plead their "Please think of me" stories on SM to their millions of followers three days before cashing a 12 million dollar bonus cheque? Nah.
    Pretty much emphasizing my final point.

Yeah, salvage some TV money at the expense of turning the league, and SCP, in to a complete farce. It's the 4th of July and they can't keep a practice facility open. They're fully prepared to ruin 3 NHL seasons in an attempt to ham fist a finish to this one.

All from the same people that made a farce of the Canada Cup and ruined that beyond repair. Not surprising, really. They've never ever, ever had one iota of thought for the integrity of the game of hockey. It doesn't even enter their thought process.

Yeah, salvage some TV money at the expense of turning the league, and SCP, in to a complete farce. It's the 4th of July and they can't keep a practice facility open. They're fully prepared to ruin 3 NHL seasons in an attempt to ham fist a finish to this one.

All from the same people that made a farce of the Canada Cup and ruined that beyond repair. Not surprising, really. They've never ever, ever had one iota of thought for the integrity of the game of hockey. It doesn't even enter their thought process.
    The Stanley Cup has been played for in various formats across its existence. The NHL has played in various formats over its existence, and even over the last two decades. Oh no! Tradition!

The Blues are in charge of their own practice facility. It was briefly open to the public for a day. That's dumb given circumstances.

Those NHL seasons that you said are potentially "ruined" would be further ruined without this playoff. Then you'd have a delay on top of a lowered salary cap, possibly even lower without the TV revenue that's added by the playoffs. Players would continue to battle escrow. Just not a pretty sight financially. But yeah tell me how it's pointless.

I never said it was pointless, the point is obvious. Money. That's the entire point. That's the only point.

I never said it was pointless, the point is obvious. Money. That's the entire point. That's the only point.
    And money is something you kind of need to make a very large industry work.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I don’t think it’s a complete farce. It’s definitely a bastardized version of the standard.
    That said, a restart is stupid. They’re just asking for more cases. Putting financial concerns in front of public health.
    This shit is real. There’s nearly 3 million cases and 125,000 dead bodies to prove it

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    And money is something you kind of need to make a very large industry work.
    Yet they somehow threw away an entire season over a labor dispute literally a pissing contest in 04-05 and survived. So I'm thinking a world wide pandemic would somehow be something they could also overcome. Easily, maybe not but there's a whole lot of more important things than this right now and it reeks of greed. Plus at the rate they're going the odds of them even pulling it off are getting slimmer by the week if they're already having to shut down a camp.

Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Yet they somehow threw away an entire season over a labor dispute literally a pissing contest in 04-05 and survived. So I'm thinking a world wide pandemic would somehow be something they could also overcome. Easily, maybe not but there's a whole lot of more important things than this right now and it reeks of greed. Plus at the rate they're going the odds of them even pulling it off are getting slimmer by the week if they're already having to shut down a camp.
    Contracts aren’t paid during a lockout. There are deals that don’t occur. Similar but not the same.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Contracts arenít paid during a lockout. There are deals that donít occur. Similar but not the same.
    Bingo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast