• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Nils Lundkvist Re-Signs with Lulea, Will Play One More Season Overseas

The Dude

This is ok. Currently there is not room for him on the NHL roster, it’s not very likely a spot would open for him, and he’d probably end up in Hartford anyway.

At this point, it’s essentially Hartford or Lulea for him in all likelihood as it currently stands. Either one is fine. Developmentally, it’s a negligible difference for him at this stage being that he’s still a month from turning 20. He’ll get over here when he gets over here, and they almost certainly will put him in Hartford at first at least for a while anyway

• 2 weeks later...
No one... Some people just don't understand the words logjam, salary cap, pipeline, and dealing from a position of strength.

probably trade Fox now, too.with Trouba and Lundkvist, he's expendable, and the assets coming back would be even higher than ADA.

probably trade Fox now, too.with Trouba and Lundkvist, he's expendable, and the assets coming back would be even higher than ADA.

He’s a better player than ADA though. I’d rather have him long-term than ADA. He’s far better suited for a top-4 role.

Fox is cost-controlled for another two seasons and is an RFA who won't (?) have arbitration rights.

DeAngelo is a two years away from UFA, is arbitration-eligible, and coming off the most productive season of his career. He's going to be very, very expensive to keep long-term.

Fox is cost-controlled for another two seasons and is an RFA who won't (?) have arbitration rights.

DeAngelo is a two years away from UFA, is arbitration-eligible, and coming off the most productive season of his career. He's going to be very, very expensive to keep long-term.

Good as he is offensively, ADA might not be the best expenditure.

Don’t want to see him go necessarily nor am I advocating for him to be dealt.

But he could bring back a nice return to the right partner, especially if he’s in a package.

Could the higher of the Rangers 2 1st round picks (11-14 figure), Georgiev, and ADA get them into the top 5?

Good as he is offensively, ADA might not be the best expenditure.

Don’t want to see him go necessarily nor am I advocating for him to be dealt.

But he could bring back a nice return to the right partner, especially if he’s in a package.

Could the higher of the Rangers 2 1st round picks (11-14 figure), Georgiev, and ADA get them into the top 5?

Probably not. DeAngelo is going to cost any team, and I'd imagine many have already written him off due to the issues he poses off the ice. Even teams who could really use him would likely balk at the idea of adding him if they thought their fanbases wouldn't accept him, which is entirely reasonable given his online persona and the countless spats and feuds he's gotten into with his team's own fans. In short, he puts his political affiliations ahead of his hockey aspirations all the time, which, fairly or unfairly, always has him made a target of, which is a PR headache, which quickly becomes an organizational one.

Rocco Grimaldi faced similar issues, albeit religious and not political.

DeAngelo might literally be the first player we know of who's tweets will be used against him in an arbitration hearing. That's how stupid he is as a professional. He's let it actually come to this when most guys (remember — most of the NHL are staunch Republicans) would simply have deleted Twitter off their phone and/or their accounts and just gone on with their lives. DeAngelo seems to revel in the joy of poking his own team's fans with a stick.

Yes! UPS his value, bigly!

For the sake of argument, Fox would/should get you a top young LD or forward who is also cost-controlled without arbitration rights anytime soon. It is doubtful DeAngelo gets you something in that category. If he did, I would be open to it, but it's a pipe dream until proven otherwise.

Disclaimer: I have no intentions of wanting to see Fox traded. I agree with other's sentiments that he will be a better overall defensemen than DeAngelo and I think he will challenge for a Norris some day.

Probably not. DeAngelo is going to cost any team, and I'd imagine many have already written him off due to the issues he poses off the ice. Even teams who could really use him would likely balk at the idea of adding him if they thought their fanbases wouldn't accept him, which is entirely reasonable given his online persona and the countless spats and feuds he's gotten into with his team's own fans. In short, he puts his political affiliations ahead of his hockey aspirations all the time, which, fairly or unfairly, always has him made a target of, which is a PR headache, which quickly becomes an organizational one.

Rocco Grimaldi faced similar issues, albeit religious and not political.

DeAngelo might literally be the first player we know of who's tweets will be used against him in an arbitration hearing. That's how stupid he is as a professional. He's let it actually come to this when most guys (remember — most of the NHL are staunch Republicans) would simply have deleted Twitter off their phone and/or their accounts and just gone on with their lives. DeAngelo seems to revel in the joy of poking his own team's fans with a stick.

Fair point. He really shouldn’t be on Twitter at this point. Not that I like the idea of it, but the Rangers should really be like, “Ummm... listen dude... your Twitter account just needs to go dark as long as you’re wearing blue...”, but they won’t.

I’d think though that the bigger concern for a team trading for him would be his willingness to re-sign with that team.

Still, I think DeAngelo, Georgiev, and a 1st at that spot is enough in a return to crack into the top-5.

Yes! UPS his value, bigly!

For the sake of argument, Fox would/should get you a top young LD or forward who is also cost-controlled without arbitration rights anytime soon. It is doubtful DeAngelo gets you something in that category. If he did, I would be open to it, but it's a pipe dream until proven otherwise.

Disclaimer: I have no intentions of wanting to see Fox traded. I agree with other's sentiments that he will be a better overall defensemen than DeAngelo and I think he will challenge for a Norris some day.

It’s all fair logic

I just think he’s too good and too young and too cheap to trade.