• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NYR Classic Rewind: '94 Stanley Cup

It was the downfall of the franchise.

Put them in a hole they didn?t dig out of for almost 10 years.

not only that but i'd argue that the organization had no young talent in the pipes or ready to step up once all the old guard who was traded for to win in '94 was retiring. Anderson, Mattau, Noonan, Larmer, Nemchinov, as well as Lowe left many holes that the organization had no one to fill with. Slats tried to buy a competitive team when he came along, but as we now know competitive teams can not be built when your team is bought and not developed. Trading Zubov was just one of the many reasons

not only that but i'd argue that the organization had no young talent in the pipes or ready to step up once all the old guard who was traded for to win in '94 was retiring. Anderson, Mattau, Noonan, Larmer, Nemchinov, as well as Lowe left many holes that the organization had no one to fill with. Slats tried to buy a competitive team when he came along, but as we now know competitive teams can not be built when your team is bought and not developed. Trading Zubov was just one of the many reasons

All true

And if you’re trading Zubov, don’t trade him for Vets.

They really believed, I think, they had a legit shot at winning another Cup. And they probably did. But that shot was definitely contingent upon Zubov being there.

All true

And if you’re trading Zubov, don’t trade him for Vets.

They really believed, I think, they had a legit shot at winning another Cup. And they probably did. But that shot was definitely contingent upon Zubov being there.

yeah, no wonder Smith never got another GM gig

All true

And if you?re trading Zubov, don?t trade him for Vets.

yeah, no wonder Smith never got another GM gig