• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sabres Fire Jason Botterill; Name Kevyn Adams New GM

Phil

As Phil said; long over due.

Pretty sure Eichel is still gone the first chance he gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I mean, really look at his record. Look at where the Sabres were when he signed on and where they are now. They got worse despite high picks and an in-his-prime Eichel. He completely botched the Ryan O'Reilly trade (they ended up with nothing), signed Skinner to that horrendous deal, gave up a first-round pick for Brandon Montour, threw away a fifth-round pick for Wayne Simmonds when the team was already out of contention, etc.

He gave up a first-round pick for Brandon Montour and pissed away a fifth-rounder for seven games and a single point from Wayne Simmonds... who joined a team well out of the playoffs at the time of the deal (deadline).

Six head coaches. Four team presidents. Three general managers.

Zero playoff berths.

There is only one common thread that ties the last nine Buffalo Sabres seasons together: They?ve all been played under the watchful eyes and active hands of owners Terry and Kim Pegula.

"This decision was made after many candid discussions with Jason during a full review of our hockey operations,? the Pegulas said in a statement on Tuesday. ?We recognized we have philosophical differences regarding how best to put ourselves in a position to compete for a Stanley Cup. So, we decided to make this change.?

What changed over the last three weeks?

According to sources, the Pegulas held a series of meetings with Botterill over the ensuing weeks with a focus on restructuring the Sabres? hockey operations department.

There were ?philosophical differences? in that restructuring process. Sources said the Pegulas sought to shrink the staff, including cuts in scouting and management departments, in order to re-envision how it operated. Botterill was opposed to those changes, potentially viewing it as an unwelcome cost-cutting procedure.

"We're going to get leaner," Terry Pegula said in a conference call with reporters Tuesday. Pegula also declined to commit to hiring assistant GMs for Adams.

"When we were in detailed discussions with Jason and how we felt we needed to move forward effectively, efficiently and economically running this franchise, we felt there were too many differences in opinion," Pegula said.

https://www.tsn.ca/buffalo-sabres-decide-to-start-over-once-again-1.1486570

I mentioned before - I interviewed for a position with the Sabres. minutes in you could tell the organization was a mess.

They put the wrong people in leadership positions. No one was looking out for the organization. It looked a lot like out government - politics, backstabbing, more politics, etc. It's even trickled down to youth hockey programs.

I mentioned before - I interviewed for a position with the Sabres. minutes in you could tell the organization was a mess.

They put the wrong people in leadership positions. No one was looking out for the organization. It looked a lot like out government - politics, backstabbing, more politics, etc. It's even trickled down to youth hockey programs.

A losing culture ruins everything, and that's what happening in Buffalo. That's what happens when they have an ownership that don't know what the hell they're doing and putting unqualified people to top jobs. Does sound a lot like the government in Washington.

This is a classic case of ownership made GM make deals, GM is now saying GFY, I'm not doing that anymore....so they fired him.