• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

MacKinnon Thinks Panarin Deseves Hart Trophy

Phil

MacKinnon said Tuesday said on TSN 1050's "Overdrive" that he tried to recruit Panarin to the Colorado Avalanche last summer before he eventually chose to go to the Big Apple. MacKinnon tried to sell him on the idea he wouldn't have to be "the man" every night, and he even offered Panarin his spot on the power play.

"I knew he was a free agent so I was kind of watching him with Columbus. What an amazing player," MacKinnon said. "And then I watched him all season - just from talking to him, really nice guy, so maybe I'm a little biased with that - but that's why I think he should win the Hart this year."

Panarin, who signed a seven-year, $81.5-million contract with the Rangers, finished tied for third in the NHL with 95 points this year, trailing only Leon Draisaitl (110), and Connor McDavid (97). He led the league with 59 points at five-on-five.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1976545?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I respect what MacKinnon had to say for these two reasons

1: We have a great player that the Rangers can use to get strong players in free agency

2: MacKinnon is no slouch himself. Both him and Panarin are stars on emerging teams that will hope to make a run in the Playoffs.

I respect what MacKinnon had to say for these two reasons

1: We have a great player that the Rangers can use to get strong players in free agency

2: MacKinnon is no slouch himself. Both him and Panarin are stars on emerging teams that will hope to make a run in the Playoffs.

Yup

It’s a REAL compliment from a TRUE peer.