• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Want Lias Andersson Back for Playoffs; Will Return to SHL for 2020-21 Season

Phil

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will fans/the team ever be able to forgive him if he comes back to the team?

In his short time, he's shown the occasional glimpse that he can be a very productive player. not enough obviously. But the tools might be there to be a strong bottom 6 player. Obviously you want more from that high of a draft pick but where he was picked is in the past.

If he reports to the team, works for every minute of ice time, and works to become a productive member of the team, I say give him a shot

will fans/the team ever be able to forgive him if he comes back to the team?

In his short time, he's shown the occasional glimpse that he can be a very productive player. not enough obviously. But the tools might be there to be a strong bottom 6 player. Obviously you want more from that high of a draft pick but where he was picked is in the past.

If he reports to the team, works for every minute of ice time, and works to become a productive member of the team, I say give him a shot

If he gets a shot here and performs well, yes fans will forget it and move on.

All that said, even in spite of the fact that he is really young and obviously immature and handled himself poorly, this is still a hard situation to repair

score a playoff goal, and boom.

but I doubt he would see time. This is an insurance move that may also help the relationship long-term. If they all agree, he can come over for a month or 2 during the playoffs and go back to the SHL to start the season there. Go from there.

score a playoff goal, and boom.

but I doubt he would see time. This is an insurance move that may also help the relationship long-term. If they all agree, he can come over for a month or 2 during the playoffs and go back to the SHL to start the season there. Go from there.

I agree.

I’m honestly still skeptical of him coming back this year. I don’t think it should or needs to happen this season.

And if he does come over, I think he’s basically a taxi squad/roster extra type player.

Luckily for him, unless things get drastically better in the coming months, he won't have to worry about being boo'd by fans lol.

I agree.

I’m honestly still skeptical of him coming back this year. I don’t think it should or needs to happen this season.

And if he does come over, I think he’s basically a taxi squad/roster extra type player.

He'll be a black ace!

fuck if he throws the Con Smythe in the stands someone is losing an eye

Damn right!! That fucking leaf is pointy!!! :rofl:

He probably couldn't even lift it anyway...fucking pansy that he is!! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

That's that.

Larry Brooks

@NYP_Brooksie

?

11m

Post has learned that Lias Andersson has decided to remain in Sweden. Rangers had talked to him about joining team for 2020 training camp, but seventh-overall from 2017 opted against accepting invite...So it ends until there's a trade...

Larry Brooks

@NYP_Brooksie

?

10m

Andersson would play in Sweden next season if not traded, and perhaps even if he is dealt, depending on timing. But he won't be back with Rangers.