• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Want Lias Andersson Back for Playoffs; Will Return to SHL for 2020-21 Season

Phil

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordie Clark really laid an egg with that pick similar to Mcilrath. At least we got Chytil from that draft. I understand the 2017 draft was a weaker class but all the things Clark talked about Andersson possessing like grit, heart, leadership had been proven wrong

That was the whole scouting report on the guy for like, everyone - heart, grit, leadership, consistency, a surefire NHLer.

The safe pick turned out to be the worst pick.

This is just wrong. JD said that Lias wanted to stay home in Sweden given the situation in the world right now. He also said they?ve had ?a number of good conversations? and that Lias said he wanted to be a New York Ranger in the future.

I have no idea where they got the ?never play for Rangers? thing from.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The odds makers will have to readjust their line on the Rangers-Canes series now...

Just say nice things about him, let him come back when and if he's good and ready, and do whatever else comes to mind to increase his limited salvage value.

Him coming back this season was probably both a long-shot and a bad idea. Don?t view him as a difference maker right now so it doesn?t matter. Doubt he?d have dressed in a meaningful game anyway.

It?s best he stays over there for now.

And thinking in terms of whether or not he never plays for them again is silly.

They own his rights and he has little trade value now, so they?ll simply revisit this next season and see what?s what.

This is fine.

But my expectations for him under any circumstance are low.

It was a bad pick in June of 17 and I think most of us knew that.

And given the current situation over here with everything, I don?t think I?d want to come here right now either.

I mean he's still has talent and is just 21 years old. Most of the rest of that draft class are still just considered prospects. The expectations for him were probably too high based on where he was picked but I wouldn't say he should just be given up on like time has passed him by. There's still a chance he turns into a very good NHL player for either us or some other team.

In 2017 redraft, he'd be a free agent...

I dont even think he would get past the 2nd round. That draft looks so bad, we only focus on Lias because he?s our bust, but there?s plenty of them from 2017. Lias still has a shot at being a bottom 6 guy someday.

And if we?re talking 2017 redrafts, we have players like Chytil, Sjalin and Barron that all would be taken a lot earlier than they were. Barron was a 6th rounder would be taken many rounds before and Chytil would go top 10.

I dont even think he would get past the 2nd round. That draft looks so bad, we only focus on Lias because he’s our bust, but there’s plenty of them from 2017. Lias still has a shot at being a bottom 6 guy someday.

And if we’re talking 2017 redrafts, we have players like Chytil, Sjalin and Barron that all would be taken a lot earlier than they were. Barron was a 6th rounder would be taken many rounds before and Chytil would go top 10.

If Chytil has been born 10 days later, and gone in the 18 draft, he’d have been top-10 there too.

• 1 month later...