• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tony DeAngelo to Host "Watch Your Tone" Lifestyle & Hockey Podcast

Phil

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for players being able to express themselves. I just hope he doesn't do anything too stupid or say anything hateful. he got suspended by his own team for that kind of stuff in juniors. Considering what Akim Aliu described as the norm in juniors, I can't imagine how bad it must have been to get suspended by his own team lol

I suggested he do a pod cast when the pandemic started. I think he's a good personality and can probably have success at it. He has stopped the political talk on Twitter weeks ago, so I think he has gotten the message from the Rangers.

I agree that now probably isn't the best time to start one up. Gotta concentrate on hockey and continuing his stellar season.

The New York Rangers are not affiliated with “Watch Your Tone,” a new podcast hosted by defenseman Tony DeAngelo, despite having briefly promoted it on their official Twitter feed on Friday. The podcast, which has yet to debut, kicked up a controversy after DeAngelo's teammate Brendan Lemieux tweeted that it would “push the ‘politically correct’ boundaries.” A source tells ESPN that Lemieux is “not a part” of that podcast, and he later deleted that tweet.

Greg Wyshynski, ESPN

2h ago

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41095173-4

I dont see why this is a problem. I think its cool. He said he?s going to talk about hockey and sports and Tony is a funny guy.

Its a damn podcast where he talks for an hour. How is that a problem? If you dont wanna listen, dont do it. And I think he?ll be fine with the hockey even if he uses one hour a week to talk to a microphone.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1

I dont see why this is a problem. I think its cool. He said he?s going to talk about hockey and sports and Tony is a funny guy.

Its a damn podcast where he talks for an hour. How is that a problem? If you dont wanna listen, dont do it. And I think he?ll be fine with the hockey even if he uses one hour a week to talk to a microphone.

Sure, what could go wrong? Lol. The MAGAs are going to be all, "Say it, Tony!" in the name of shedding the oppressive shackles of political correctness and the libs will be all "Say it, Tony!" because they want him to reveal himself as the horrible person they think he is down deep and then drum him out of NYC.

Lose, lose.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Sure, what could go wrong? Lol. The MAGAs are going to be all, "Say it, Tony!" in the name of shedding the oppressive shackles of political correctness and the libs will be all "Say it, Tony!" because they want him to reveal himself as the horrible person they think he is down deep and then drum him out of NYC.

Lose, lose.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Bingo.

FWIW, I think he is ultimately doomed in NY anyway. Whether it is the cap, some verbal/attitude fuckup, our depth of young D-men, his internal resentment at getting hardballed last time, or something else, I think he leaves town. And then I think that, no matter where he starts, he ends up in Philly where he tortures us for the rest of fucking eternity. Just a hunch.

• Like 1