• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tony DeAngelo to Host "Watch Your Tone" Lifestyle & Hockey Podcast

Phil

Wait, you're both wrong!

They listen to podcasts like this because of access. It's the same reason people get follows on Twitter. It's a chance that that celebrity might listen to you directly, or you can hear directly what that celebrity has to say.

now, it's one thing to be interested in what that celebrity has to say, and it's another thing to base your own thought process around what that celebrity has to say.

but maybe he'll have sex with me...

Anyway, I'm probably not listening to this, regardless of his political opinion, or opinion on anything else..

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link:

--

Sounds like Tony D got his dick slapped by the Rangers.

Good!!! He should be spending more time working on his fucking woeful defensive game, instead of bullshitting on social media!!!!

Society 2020 “ man this is so refreshing watching these athletes voice something they believe in that extends past their sport”

Society 2020 “thank god. Those Trump tweets and thoughts on covid are too much. Guy should stfu and focus on being a better player”

Society 2020 “ man this is so refreshing watching these athletes voice something they believe in that extends past their sport”

Society 2020 “thank god. Those Trump tweets and thoughts on covid are too much. Guy should stfu and focus on being a better player”

Nah, it's the fact that he can't act like a fucking adult and he fights with fans.

But if you want to go tit for tat, I could easily rebut with:

Conservatives: "Celebrities should shut up about politics."

Ah, you know where this goes.

Nah, it's the fact that he can't act like a fucking adult and he fights with fans.

But if you want to go tit for tat, I could easily rebut with:

Conservatives: "Celebrities should shut up about politics."

Ah, you know where this goes.

His own team's fans, no less. He literally challenged one to a fist fight outside the Garden. He's an idiot.

Well I disagree. I can only talk from my perspective as I represent just me and not any political party. I’m saying it’s nuts that we will put up tweets of “DeActivate” for this guy, but applaud it when other people say something we agree with. I don’t agree with a ton of what Tony says but so what? I thought we wanted personality in our athletes? So he had to take down his Twitter because he ruffles some feathers with some fans that can’t accept opposing viewpoints?
  • Like 1

No, he had to take down his Twitter because HE can't accept people who don't agree with HIM.

Semantics. If it’s true that he was asked to take it down as in “handled internally” then he was asked to. It’s his choice to respond to people or not. Avery made an entire side career out of it.

Semantics. If it?s true that he was asked to take it down as in ?handled internally? then he was asked to. It?s his choice to respond to people or not. Avery made an entire side career out of it.
When you out something out in the world on twitter, people are going to react. If you can't handle the reaction, don't put your ideas out there.

Avery also did it post hockey career.

Well I disagree. I can only talk from my perspective as I represent just me and not any political party. I’m saying it’s nuts that we will put up tweets of “DeActivate” for this guy, but applaud it when other people say something we agree with. I don’t agree with a ton of what Tony says but so what? I thought we wanted personality in our athletes? So he had to take down his Twitter because he ruffles some feathers with some fans that can’t accept opposing viewpoints?

We do. Characterizing literally challenging fans to fist fight you outside of the Garden as "personality" is a reach and a half. He's a troll who likes to dish it out but can't take it, just like his hero. That's not "personality" — it's projection.

We do. Characterizing literally challenging fans to fist fight you outside of the Garden as "personality" is a reach and a half. He's a troll who likes to dish it out but can't take it, just like his hero. That's not "personality" — it's projection.

That fan challenge was dumb, but it was a one off instance. He had already garnered a lot of negative criticism for voicing his opinions looong before that.

When you out something out in the world on twitter, people are going to react. If you can't handle the reaction, don't put your ideas out there.

Avery also did it post hockey career.

No Avery did it mid career with the sloppy seconds and stuff comments. We sure as an organization didn’t mind taking him back from Dallas after that. I, just saying there is a bit of hypocrisy here in my opinion. I think ADA is an idiot. But so what? I still think it’s semantics. He tweets something outrageous and some fans get triggered and respond. Then ADA is just being himself. He’s a meat head from NJ. He just happens to also posses elite level of hockey skills. But sure, let’s neuter him because it’s not what we agree with.

I'm not sure a Tweet of: "What happened to "COVID-19" the last 48 hours?" the day after the US Presidential Election is an "opposing view point" so much as it's a dumb, cheeky statement, which he appropriately caught heat for leading to him deleting his Twitter for a day.

That was foolish and had no merit whatsoever. There's been more cases than ever being reported the last week or so. lol It's like, c'mon.

Come on, we have to stop with the challenging fans crap. It wasn’t a daily basis and it never came to fruition. And I’m sorry, he is a personality, whether you personally think it’s a vile one or not. Can’t all be round pegs. That’s the beauty of our society.

Come on, we have to stop with the challenging fans crap. It wasn’t a daily basis and it never came to fruition. And I’m sorry, he is a personality, whether you personally think it’s a vile one or not. Can’t all be round pegs. That’s the beauty of our society.

No, we don't. He is a professional representative of the Rangers and literally invited a fan on a public forum to fist fight him outside the Garden. Unacceptable on every level. If he were an average employee, he'd have been fired.

He is a personality (that I think is vile). Everything he says and does cannot be characterized as simply an extension of that. Specifically inviting a fan to fist fight him. And again, when your primary target is your own team's fans, there's a fundamental problem at hand. He's a PR nightmare.

No, we don't. He is a professional representative of the Rangers and literally invited a fan on a public forum to fist fight him outside the Garden. Unacceptable on every level. If he were an average employee, he'd have been fired.

He is a personality (that I think is vile). Everything he says and does cannot be characterized as simply an extension of that. Specifically inviting a fan to fist fight him. And again, when your primary target is your own team's fans, there's a fundamental problem at hand. He's a PR nightmare.

Well as we all know athletes have a different standard so that “if he were an average employee...” because it’s irrelevant. Towards them end of his career wasnt Avery was arrested during the offseason and still played some games the following year “representing” the Rangers?

I’m not buying that “primary target” of ADAs Twitter is the Rangers fan base.