• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tony DeAngelo to Host "Watch Your Tone" Lifestyle & Hockey Podcast

Phil

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andddd that’s exactly why you don’t post crap like this without any verification.......

There is zero actual evidence to show that’s ADA so why are we trying to spread this ?

It's either ADA being an idiot, or some idiot pretending to be ADA. Either outcome is plausible, but there is an idiot behind that twitter account no matter what.

Andddd that?s exactly why you don?t post crap like this without any verification.......

There is zero actual evidence to show that?s ADA so why are we trying to spread this ?

well the account was created Jan 21 and the first tweet was 15 minutes after he missed the SO attempt. He's only posted TDA related things as well as liked a fake trump twitter account so... I don't know if we need Sherlock Holmes to uncover this one.

Curious it's tracked to Pittsburgh while NYR are there. You can use a VPN to place the location of your IP almost anywhere. Still odd anyone would go through such trouble and expense to pretend to physically be in Pittsburgh right then.

Twitter is a sewer. Why anyone would have an account is totally lost on me.

Andddd that?s exactly why you don?t post crap like this without any verification.......

There is zero actual evidence to show that?s ADA so why are we trying to spread this ?

I have to ask would you be defended me ADA so much if he was under Trump supporter?

You seem to have a special skin in the game.

I have to ask would you be defended me ADA so much if he was under Trump supporter?

You seem to have a special skin in the game.

Yes I would. I think you’re reaching, way past anything. I couldn’t care less about anyone’s politics. Hell, I don’t even have twitter. I didn’t even vote for Trump. I’m just using common sense instead of falsely saying “100% him....but I’m the one with special skin in the game. Riiiiiiight.

I disliked Avery and I defended him when I thought his coach here was being a hypocritical jackass benching him. I see a lot of similarities here except that Torts is actually a very good coach. Quinn, not so much.

well the account was created Jan 21 and the first tweet was 15 minutes after he missed the SO attempt. He's only posted TDA related things as well as liked a fake trump twitter account so... I don't know if we need Sherlock Holmes to uncover this one.

Yeah, I’d have a hard time thinking he’s tweeting from the locker room in the middle of a postgame locker room lol

What post game? There are no post games. It's entirely plausible.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You don’t believe the coaching staff has words with the team after games? Great. It’s “plausible.” That does not equate with probable and I thought this site was all about verification before spreading stuff like this? It’s also entirely plausible that a 13 year old kid in Speonk decided to do this. In fact, it’s entirely probable.

Spreading what? It's a Deadspin article.

The account was literally geotargeted to downtown Pittsburgh after the game in a timeframe that's entirely plausible to the real DeAngelo being capable of sending said tweets. If call that probable, too:

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

And you don’t think it would make more sense of it being a Penguins fan trolling rather than ADA himself? As for spreading, it’s laughable but whatever. And the same deadspin article updated itself a half hour ago to say it’s highly unlikely it’s ADA.

But whatever.

UPDATE, January 23, 6:42 p.m.: The simplest explanation may not be the one that works in this case. While the tweets from the NYRFan account certainly have a tone, level of spelling, and staunch support of DeAngelo that are hallmarks of DeAngelo, the initial tweets came so soon after the end of Friday night’s game as to make it highly unlikely that DeAngelo was the person doing the tweeting.

Unless DeAngelo didn’t bother undressing and showering after the game, the theory of it being him doesn’t hold up. And while a lot of Rangers fans would tell you that the defenseman stinks, that would be metaphorical stench, not literal.

https://deadspin.com/totally-believable-not-tony-deangelo-burner-account-roa-1846118526

I said it's plausible. I also said the time frame would qualify as probable — as in probable to me. But I think Tony DeAngelo is an idiot, just like his hero, who would absolutely fall for this kind of thing. That's weighing heavily on my opinion here.

Regardless, nothing is being spread here but an article. If people choose to believe this is Tony's burner, they're free to, just as you're free to believe it's not. No animals were harmed in the making of this film.

With respect to the geo-targeting angle, it requires belief that 1) the grabbify link was sent only to that account, 2) the person that created the grabbify link didn't just log into a VPN located in Pittsburgh and click it himself to generate the desired result (very easy guys - you can do this in seconds), and 3) even if the guy who created the grabbify link is telling the truth, it also doesn't mean the user of the account in question isn't a Pens fan who created the account in preparation of 2 games coming up with the Rangers in order to troll.

But Twitter gonna Twitter. It's possible it's him though.

Yeah, I?d have a hard time thinking he?s tweeting from the locker room in the middle of a postgame locker room lol

15 mins after the game? Guys are undressed and out the door by then. No press. No nothing. Or, yes from the locker room. They have their phones. It doesn?t take an hour to take your skates off. If Quinn spoke it was probably for 30 seconds and then they?re out.

Absolutely was him lol.