• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 | ECQR | New York Rangers (EC11) v. Carolina Hurricanes (EC6)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questions for all of you as you live in NY and can see any game T anytime. Not knowing if any of you are current of retired NYPD or vets but will you still watch or go to games if they take a knee during the anthem?

They'll do something. Not sure it will be a knee during the anthem - way too many foreigners in the NHL. I'd anticipate a moment of silence with/without a knee, similar to what you saw with the Aussie football teams over the weekend.

DeAngelo, Fox, Kreider, Lemieux, Lindgren, and Trouba were Rangers born in the US.

They'll do something. Not sure it will be a knee during the anthem - way too many foreigners in the NHL. I'd anticipate a moment of silence with/without a knee, similar to what you saw with the Aussie football teams over the weekend.

DeAngelo, Fox, Kreider, Lemieux, Lindgren, and Trouba were Rangers born in the US.

That's a very diverse group. There's even two Catholics.

So, with baseball getting geared up to start playing by the end of July, does anyone expect hockey to follow suit? I could see them getting started too to get more sports on television and even more revenue going. It seems like almost all of the sports want to start back up with a target date at the end of July. I'm not a basketball fan, but they had a plan in place to finish off the regular season and start the playoffs too, no?

• 2 weeks later...