Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Death of George Floyd Sparks Nationwide Protests, Riots, Police Violence

A-hee-ahee ha-hee BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    I see what you’re saying, but there’s destruction of the property of your oppressor, and there’s looting high end fashion stores in lower manhattan for Gucci apparel.

One is sending a message and the other is self serving under the guise of protest under the protection of anonymity.
    Those protesting aren't really the same as those looting. Those looting are ignorant and advantageous. Those protesting don't want to be associated with them just the same as you as a cop don't want to be associated with the "bad apples." To lump the looters in with the protestors is a discredit to their cause.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    Definitely. I don’t want to work along side a cop that’s a shitty person. The problem is, the city of NY doesn’t do a good enough job of vetting complaints. Neither does the NYPD. You’re assumed guilty until proven innocent, and even if they come up with nothing, they’ll give you some sort of disciplinary action because they wasted time investigating you. Usually some sort of washy disciplinary charge for failing to keep records to their liking or something negligible. And discipline is so inconsistent. 10 people can be guilty of the same infraction and have 10 different results.

I have so many issues with the NYPD. But I will say, that no one wants to work with a guy that’s truly garbage. The notion that we all sit around in white hoods looking to commit at atrocities against people of color is maddening. No one hates a piece of shit cop more than a cop that goes out of their way to be a good, upstanding, police officer.
    There was 3 cops sitting on Floyd and one other standing right infront of them just watching. Ofcourse its not everyone, but it is way more «bad Apples» than you want it to look like.

And Im sorry if I offended you with my last post, I may have crossed the line with that one. I just feel like there’s a lot that could’ve been done before it got to this point. Its not like this is the first time a cop has killed a (black) man without reason before.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    There was 3 cops sitting on Floyd and one other standing right infront of them just watching. Ofcourse its not everyone, but it is way more «bad Apples» than you want it to look like.

And Im sorry if I offended you with my last post, I may have crossed the line with that one. I just feel like there’s a lot that could’ve been done before it got to this point. Its not like this is the first time a cop has killed a (black) man without reason before.

In Niko's defense, you say that as though he has any real ability to make change. He's one guy working a grunt position. He doesn't have the authority to enact change.

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    In Niko's defense, you say that as though he has any real ability to make change. He's one guy working a grunt position. He doesn't have the authority to enact change.
    He doesn't have to. He just has to (continue to) be part of the solution. In exactly the same way more good speech is the antidote to bad speech, more good cops are the antidote to bad cops, because more good cops means fewer incidents of cover-ups, fewer moments of blue codes, and fewer national tragedies like this one.

With more Nikos, and fewer Chauvins, we're already seeing the change we want to see.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Those protesting aren't really the same as those looting. Those looting are ignorant and advantageous. Those protesting don't want to be associated with them just the same as you as a cop don't want to be associated with the "bad apples." To lump the looters in with the protestors is a discredit to their cause.
    Yeah, none of the looters I saw last night were carrying signs, chanting, or doing anything resembling an actual protest. They were just taking advantage of the moment with NYPD spread thin and horrendous mismanagement coming from the mayor's office.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    He doesn't have to. He just has to (continue to) be part of the solution. In exactly the same way more good speech is the antidote to bad speech, more good cops are the antidote to bad cops, because more good cops means fewer incidents of cover-ups, fewer moments of blue codes, and fewer national tragedies like this one.

With more Nikos, and fewer Chauvins, we're already seeing the change we want to see.
    I mean of course. But you still need to root out those who discourage speaking out. Niko recounted basically being told to "step back in line." That's not encouraging stuff from the top brass. You need less of that at the top. If the good guys aren't rising then they're gonna have to be silent for sake of job.

I mean of course. But you still need to root out those who discourage speaking out. Niko recounted basically being told to "step back in line." That's not encouraging stuff from the top brass. You need less of that at the top. If the good guys aren't rising then they're gonna have to be silent for sake of job.
    Because there aren't enough of him, or enough of them willing to also speak out. That changes so long as brave, good cops remain on the force. The good guys are likely compelled into silence out of fear. Because it's easy to squash one bug. It's much harder to kill a colony.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Because there aren't enough of him, or enough of them willing to also speak out. That changes so long as brave, good cops remain on the force. The good guys are likely compelled into silence out of fear. Because it's easy to squash one bug. It's much harder to kill a colony.
    The entire colony is dependent on the queen. At the end of the day this is a mayoral issue. The mayor is the chief's boss. The Chief dictates how their department operates.

Interestingly enough, you posted an article in the Biden thread that says how he needs to pick between Kamala Harris or Val Demings. Val Demings is the form Orlando Chief of Police.

The department has a long record of excessive-force allegations, and a lack of transparency on the subject, dating back at least as far as Demings’s time as chief. From 2010 to 2014, the department paid out more than $3.3 million in damages following at least 47 lawsuits alleging false arrest, excessive force, and other complaints against the department’s officers, according to WFTV.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ngress/443526/

Don't chant "The only good cop is a dead cop", don't throw bottles and bricks at the boots on the ground. Demand that the Chief gets their department in order, and if the Chief won't or can't, demand that the mayor finds a Chief who will.

6 Atlanta officers charged after students pulled from car

ATLANTA — Six Atlanta police officers have been charged over excessive use of force during a protest arrest incident involving two college students, a prosecutor said Tuesday.

Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard announced the charges during a news conference.

The Saturday night incident first gained attention from video online and on local news.

Five of the officers are charged with aggravated assault, in addition to other charges. Two of the officers, Investigator Ivory Streeter and Investigator Mark Gardner, were fired earlier this week.

Bottoms said the woman, Taniyah Pilgrim, was released without charges. She said the man, Messiah Young, was released, too, and she’s ordering the charges against him dropped. She didn’t specify what charges he faced. A police report says Young was charged with attempting to elude police and driving with a suspended license.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...liveBlogHeader

- John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/nycpba/videos/706910969877782/. There's a full. Ideo if u are able to see it
    Thanks, appreciate that.
    Still very concerning what he did and how he did it

Banned Junior Division
    oooooh...Cuomo is threatening to overthrow de Blasio

https://news.yahoo.com/cuomo-hypothe...171238280.html

“Look at the videos, it was a disgrace,” Cuomo said. “I believe the mayor underestimates the scope of the problem. I think he underestimates the duration of the problem, and I don’t think they’ve used enough police to address the situation because it’s inarguable that it was not addressed last night. Facts.”

Cuomo said his option was to “displace” the mayor and bring in the National Guard during a state of emergency, “and basically take over... the mayor’s job.”

Senior Member Junior Division
    Cuomo and De blasio have been in a pissing match for years and it’s gonna end up causing a lot of harm

In other news
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...tm_name=iossmf

Cops pin a guy down, scope out to see if there are any witnesses, then proceed to beat the shit out of a subdued guy

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/commen...tm_name=iossmf

Or another example of peaceful protesters being abused. Peaceful protester not posing any threat gets pepper sprayed for no reason, then gets a direct headshot of a tear gas canister (if it’s something besides a tear gas canister please correct me) for no reason

The cop who shot the canister directly into his head should be arrested.

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    Cuomo and De blasio have been in a pissing match for years and it’s gonna end up causing a lot of harm

In other news
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...tm_name=iossmf

Cops pin a guy down, scope out to see if there are any witnesses, then proceed to beat the shit out of a subdued guy

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/commen...tm_name=iossmf

Or another example of peaceful protesters being abused. Peaceful protester not posing any threat gets pepper sprayed for no reason, then gets a direct headshot of a tear gas canister (if it’s something besides a tear gas canister please correct me) for no reason

The cop who shot the canister directly into his head should be arrested.
    Or they're checking to see if they have backup (backup was only a few seconds away) or people intervening. The knees were probably not super necessary, but he was resisting arrest (which is a crime).

As for the pepper spray, that's probably unnecessary and he took that pretty well. However, it looks like he was told to get back and he did not comply. The headshot is totally unnecessary and could have resulted in serious injuries.
    Last edited by Morphinity; 06-02-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Someone just lost their eye from the protests in Fort Wayne, Indiana due to a canister to the eye. It's gruesome. I won't post it here, but a simple Twitter search will find it for you if you're so inclined.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    Someone just lost their eye from the protests in Fort Wayne, Indiana due to a canister to the eye. It's gruesome. I won't post it here, but a simple Twitter search will find it for you if you're so inclined.
    I saw that yesterday or the day prior, forgot which. His caption was something along the lines of he was hit in the face and his eye ruptured, having surgery tomorrow, will most likely lose my eye.

- John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

This is absolutely awful. It's just negligent on the part of the officers.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    From the article.

Brake, who lives in Fort Wayne and works part time as a video editor for a local news station, said he was protesting peacefully because 'anger and violence isn’t going to fix any of the problems we’re facing.'

He underwent surgery on Sunday and revealed his eye 'ruptured' when a 'FWPD [Fort Wayne Police Department] Officer unnecessarily and improperly fired a tear gas canister at my head hitting my eye'.

He had his eye removed and will have a prosthetic fitted in the following weeks after having surgery to repair his occipital bone.

He told his Twitter followers: 'This pales in comparison to the hardships African Americans have endured for decades. Stand up for what u believe in.

'I regret nothing. I’ll say the same thing I’ve been saying. This is chess not checkers. My eye is small collateral when you think of what the big picture is.'
    Powerful.

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    Indeed

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Or they're checking to see if they have backup (backup was only a few seconds away) or people intervening. The knees were probably not super necessary, but he was resisting arrest (which is a crime).

As for the pepper spray, that's probably unnecessary and he took that pretty well. However, it looks like he was told to get back and he did not comply. The headshot is totally unnecessary and could have resulted in serious injuries.
    Is he really resisting? He’s barely moving and they start hitting him. It’s almost like human nature to not just allow yourself to get your ass kicked gets completely ignored

Those knees are completely unnecessary. But as we are seeing time and time again, cops get to use excessive force or sit and allow excessive force to happen on their watch and face no consequences for it

Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast