Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alexander Georgiev Trade Would Fill Huge Need for Sharks

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post

A 3rd for Georgiev would be selling low.
    Would it though?
    I'm asking a question here, because I don't really know, but wouldn't a 3rd be more or less the going rate for an unproven goalie in the backup/borderline starter category historically?

I mean, it wouldn't blow me away, but I'm with The Dude that I'd be inclined to move him. Certainly for a 2nd. Probably a 3rd if that's all they can get.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Would it though?
    I'm asking a question here, because I don't really know, but wouldn't a 3rd be more or less the going rate for an unproven goalie in the backup/borderline starter category historically?

I mean, it wouldn't blow me away, but I'm with The Dude that I'd be inclined to move him. Certainly for a 2nd. Probably a 3rd if that's all they can get.
    It’s a bit debatable for sure. And markets are as much about what a team is willing to pay as anything else. So who knows for sure.

But I’d say that’s probably a bit low for him. Talbot and a 7th brought back a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 7th, and while he had started for a while when Hank was hurt, he’d actually player far fewer games than Georgiev has to this point.

If it’s all they can get, then it’s all they can get, but it would be a little low.

I’d also argue that in the backup role, Georgiev is in fact established and proven.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123