• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brendan Leipsic Will Meet with Caps GM About Offensive Comments

Phil

Capitals winger Brendan Leipsic apologized for making ?misogynistic and reprehensible? comments in a private group chat on Instagram that became public on social media Wednesday.

Leipsic said his friend?s account was hacked a day earlier. Leipsic?s Instagram account has since been deactivated.

?Yesterday, my friend?s Instagram account was hacked and an individual circulated images that are representative of private conversations I was a part of,? Leipsic wrote in a Twitter post.

?I fully recognize how inappropriate and offensive these comments are and sincerely apologize to everyone for my actions. I am committed to learning from this and becoming a better person by taking the time to determine how to move forward in an accountable, meaningful way. I am truly sorry.?

Leipsic?s comments denigrated women and attacked teammates, both current and former.

Capitals general manager Brian MacLellan spoke to Leipsic by phone on Wednesday, a team source said. The two will have a face-to-face meeting when the team reconvenes to discuss the matter further, the source added.

?We are aware of the unacceptable and offensive comments made by Brendan Leipsic in a private conversation on social media,? a Caps spokesman said in a statement.

?We will handle this matter internally.?

https://theathletic.com/1799117/2020/05/06/brendan-leipsic-will-meet-with-caps-gm-about-offensive-comments-source-says/?source=dailyemail

He was a plug to begin with though, that's not going to help his cause. I'm not sure coke is an accepted part of the game at this point in time either. I think he just shit the bed NHL career wise.

Players fucked teammates wives and remained in the league.

That's different. Shitty, but different. Two guilty parties there and I can't recall an instance where the information leaked that the public could grasp it the way it has. Information about those instances float around more quietly and just end up with a guy getting moved to another team.

I don't like this trend of private messages being revealed and having it ruin said person's life, even if the guy is a piece of shit.

He called a girl fat and a pig. Noone here called a girl fat before to their friends? Ripped his teammates privately, not publicly. Nobody here ripped a coworker privately to their friends? Anything else I'm missing here?

If this was Ovechkin, it's swept under the rug.

I don't like this trend of private messages being revealed and having it ruin said person's life, even if the guy is a piece of shit.

He called a girl fat and a pig. Noone here called a girl fat before to their friends? Ripped his teammates privately, not publicly. Nobody here ripped a coworker privately to their friends? Anything else I'm missing here?

I agree

It's not but it's still a rather big issue that floats relatively under the radar. It's prevalent even at the junior level.

Yep under the radar. It's not like the 80's when the drugs were much more prevalent.

And yeah if it was Ovechkin.... that's how life works in general not just in sports. When you're one of the best of all-time you get the privileges that go along with it. No surprises there, right?

This.

It's insane, but people revel in it. Very Puritanical society we live in.

Sorry Brandon, your career has been cut short for calling a fat chick fat in a private conversation.

People criticizing him for the content should get off their soap box and can it. I mean it's locker room talk that most of us have been a part of at some point. However, he absolutely has no one else to blame but himself for the mess he's in. I mean in this age when social media is so prevalent and content spreads like wildfire and everything is so PC, as a pro athlete you've gotta be extra mindful of the possible consequences of anything questionable you're even remotely associated with or be prepared to deal with the outcome.

People criticizing him for the content should get off their soap box and can it. I mean it's locker room talk that most of us have been a part of at some point. However, he absolutely has no one else to blame but himself for the mess he's in. I mean in this age when social media is so prevalent and content spreads like wildfire and everything is so PC, as a pro athlete you've gotta be extra mindful of the possible consequences of anything questionable you're even remotely associated with or be prepared to deal with the outcome.

That's a good point, he is an idiot for using shitty social media apps as a medium for opinions just waiting to be shit on by the outrage mob.

I remember when I was in 8th grade smoking weed with friends. Somehow, running for president came up. One of my friends immediately said "hell yeah I'd tell people!"

Even doing normal shit can get you in shit

It's insane, but people revel in it. Very Puritanical society we live in.

Sorry Brandon, your career has been cut short for calling a fat chick fat in a private conversation.

I'm sure if your you called your friend's wife fat to another friend, and it got out, you'd be out of your friends group.

He's out of the league because no one wants to be his friend, cuz he's a shitty friend.

How do you consistently miss entire layers of context around issues like this?

He's out of the league because he's a shitty player. You don't think there's tons of shitty people in the league?

But way to get that personal jab in, old reliable.

That wasn't s jab, it barely grazed your chin.

If he were that shitty he wouldn't have still been in league.

Let me rephrase. He'll be playing in the KHL so NHLers don't try and kill him.

I'm sure if your you called your friend's wife fat to another friend, and it got out, you'd be out of your friends group.

He's out of the league because no one wants to be his friend, cuz he's a shitty friend.

That was a very simplistic way of explaining. Nice.

He didn’t call a friends wife fat. He wasn’t teammates with the fat lady’s husband.