• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Should Artemi Panarin be a Hart Trophy Finalist?

Phil

Link:

--

Was tied for third in points league-wide, turned Ryan Strome into a 70-point player, lead the league in ES scoring (five more than Draisaitl). He also lead the second-highest scorer on the Rangers by nearly fifty points.

While I love Panaran, I would say no. I honestly feel like Zibanijad was a more important player on this team than he was. Yes Planarian had a monster year for us, and I love him for it, I think Z was slightly better than he was. I could see him in the talks to be a Hart Finalist. Id be happy though with either or winning it.

Hands down. This team with Panarin sits just outside the playoffs. This team without him dwells in the bottom few teams in the standings. Love Zib but he was not the game breaker that Panarin was and I dont know if you can pin any teams success on one player as much as you can on Panarin for the Rangers. MVP all day.

Panarin did what he did with Ryan Strome and Jesper Fast. Zibanejad is incredible, but he did it with measurably more talented players and more than 35% of his production came on the power play.

Panarin did what he did with Ryan Strome and Jesper Fast. Zibanejad is incredible, but he did it with measurably more talented players and more than 35% of his production came on the power play.
I agree with Panarin being a Hart finalist but not with this post.

Panarin was a freak damn near every game. There were only 2, maybe 3, games where I thought to myself "not his best game". Zibanejad was an absolute monster for the last month. At the end of this season I believe he reached a higher high than Panarin, but for a full body of work Panarin has the edge.

I hope both can replicate or be close to it next year, but it's a tall order.

I agree with Panarin being a Hart finalist but not with this post.

What part?

Panarin was a freak damn near every game. There were only 2, maybe 3, games where I thought to myself "not his best game". Zibanejad was an absolute monster for the last month. At the end of this season I believe he reached a higher high than Panarin, but for a full body of work Panarin has the edge.

I hope both can replicate or be close to it next year, but it's a tall order.

Agreed. Push come to shove — and it's not meant to be a slight — but if I were a betting man, I'd bank on Panarin repeating before I did Zibanejad.

What part?

Agreed. Push come to shove ? and it's not meant to be a slight ? but if I were a betting man, I'd bank on Panarin repeating before I did Zibanejad.

Zibs linemates aren't much better.

Yes. But you can't win the MVP if your team isn't in the playoffs.

Does that mean that Andy Bathgate and Al Rollins have to give their Hart Trophies back?

In all seriousness, without the signing of Panarin, which was pretty much a gift to Gorton, Zib would have had to play against teams exclusively devoted to stopping him, the Rangers would have had one of the three worst records in the league, Gorton would not look that great in year three of the rebuild, and the cyber natives would be restless.

Zibs linemates aren't much better.

Kreider — 0.71 P/GP

Buch — 0.68 P/GP

--

Fast — 0.42 P/GP

Strome — 0.84 P/GP

I guess Fast is the lowest hanging fruit here, but this probably also heavily depends on exactly how much you're willing to buy into this version of Strome.

Kreider — 0.71 P/GP

Buch — 0.68 P/GP

--

Fast — 0.42 P/GP

Strome — 0.84 P/GP

I guess Fast is the lowest hanging fruit here, but this probably also heavily depends on exactly how much you're willing to buy into this version of Strome.

im more willing to buy into this version of strome. He's put up a 50 point season before (albeit I believe with Tavares) and he was a very high pick for a reason. Maybe he needs a really good linemate to do it but if he keeps having a really good linemate, why not.

it's not like he's Brad Isbister or Marcel Hossa on a line with Jaromir Jagr

im more willing to buy into this version of strome. He's put up a 50 point season before (albeit I believe with Tavares) and he was a very high pick for a reason. Maybe he needs a really good linemate to do it but if he keeps having a really good linemate, why not.

it's not like he's Brad Isbister or Marcel Hossa on a line with Jaromir Jagr

Yeah, I just don't understand all the Strome commentary.

So what if he needs to play with Panarin and to put up 70 points? There are people who have played with Panarin and didn't put up 70 points... And people use it as an insult or a reason to knock him. I don't get it.

You're only good because you play with Panarin... Said by many people who aren't good at anything at all LOL.

Yeah, I just don't understand all the Strome commentary.

So what if he needs to play with Panarin and to put up 70 points? There are people who have played with Panarin and didn't put up 70 points... And people use it as an insult or a reason to knock him. I don't get it.

You're only good because you play with Panarin... Said by many people who aren't good at anything at all LOL.

I agree with this to an extent. Talented players don't work with everyone. The prime example being someone like Crosby. He's had a rotating cast of wings throughout the years, but he doesn't turn them all into productive players. Some work significantly better than others, Kunitz for instance.