• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Should Artemi Panarin be a Hart Trophy Finalist?

Phil

I agree with this to an extent. Talented players don't work with everyone. The prime example being someone like Crosby. He's had a rotating cast of wings throughout the years, but he doesn't turn them all into productive players. Some work significantly better than others, Kunitz for instance.

with Panarin dishing the puck, you need a shooter on his line, not Strome who puts up assists. IMO strome doesn't add to the line. its a lot easier to get secondary assists playing offense with Panarin

Fast is a given but strome is in the same boat as well. You already have a playmaker in Panarin, you dont need another assister. :)
Yea, that's just not how hockey works.

Strome would have scored 20+ goals, not sure how we're saying he doesn't score.

with Panarin dishing the puck, you need a shooter on his line, not Strome who puts up assists. IMO strome doesn't add to the line. its a lot easier to get secondary assists playing offense with Panarin

Strome had twice as many primary assists as secondary assists.

This reminds me of the years Nylander was putting up close to P/G and Jagr had an MVP season, but people kept wanting to sign Gomez so Jagr could have a "real center".

Months after Gomez arrived, Dubi was centering Jagr.

No doubt.. I'd personally call Zib a top 10 guy.. but trying to tamp down my hyperbole somewhat.
Don't need to. They're both absolute studs.

Not only is Z a premier goal scorer, he's a fantastic two-way player.

Don't need to. They're both absolute studs.

Not only is Z a premier goal scorer, he's a fantastic two-way player.

Zib's two way game is what impresses me most. How often can you find a guy capable of scoring 40 goals, play the PK, AND backcheck as effectively as he does?

I have zero concerns about Zibanejad being this good moving forward. My only concern long term is the concussion history.

Yea, that's just not how hockey works.

Strome would have scored 20+ goals, not sure how we're saying he doesn't score.

Strome had twice as many primary assists as secondary assists.

This reminds me of the years Nylander was putting up close to P/G and Jagr had an MVP season, but people kept wanting to sign Gomez so Jagr could have a "real center".

Months after Gomez arrived, Dubi was centering Jagr.

everyone wanted Nylander to stay but not for the money he was demanding. not sure where you got that people wanted to run Nylander out of town for Gomez

everyone wanted Nylander to stay but not for the money he was demanding. not sure where you got that people wanted to run Nylander out of town for Gomez
Um, from my memory? Because it happened?

Zib's two way game is what impresses me most. How often can you find a guy capable of scoring 40 goals, play the PK, AND backcheck as effectively as he does?

I have zero concerns about Zibanejad being this good moving forward. My only concern long term is the concussion history.

I agree, and this is why I threw his name into this conversation.