• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Mikko Lehtonen Leaves KHL; Option for Rangers? Nope — Signed with Leafs

Thank fuck, something new (kind of) to talk about...

https://twitter.com/khl_eng/status/1256174523218571264

----------------------------------------------------

BIO

Prime replacement for after you buyout Staal. As a bonus he was an assistant captain on the Finnish gold medal World Championship team on which Kakko played last year.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no harm in trying to sign him. He's under 27 so he qualifies for an ELC. $925K is pocket change even if he gets the opportunity for maximum bonuses, which I imagine he will also receive. Even if he doesn't work out long-term, he can be a stopgap until one of Miller, Robertson, or Jones is ready to take one of the spots on the left.

I take a flyer. We need an NHL-ready LHD on an ELC - Hajek, Miller, and Rykov aren't there yet, and if they are, well, Staal's on the way out within a year anyway. That's fine by me. Hard to say why he never got drafted - every profile I can find seems to describe him as poised, smart, smooth-skating...

He knows Kakko too. They played on the world champ team.

Sure, why not?

I take a flyer. We need an NHL-ready LHD on an ELC - Hajek, Miller, and Rykov aren't there yet, and if they are, well, Staal's on the way out within a year anyway. That's fine by me. Hard to say why he never got drafted - every profile I can find seems to describe him as poised, smart, smooth-skating...

He knows Kakko too. They played on the world champ team.

Sure, why not?

2 year deal would be fine (with Smith or Staal gone).

His numbers werent very impressive going into draft years. He was smaller, and not that physical. Resembled an international journeyman. No stand out traits that would lead to taking a risk with him.

2 year deal would be fine (with Smith or Staal gone).

His numbers werent very impressive going into draft years. He was smaller, and not that physical. Resembled an international journeyman. No stand out traits that would lead to taking a risk with him.

The maximum is a one-year ELC.

We're weak at LHD, amnesty buyouts likely target Staal, he's friends with Kakko & Lias. Seems like a solid plug.
Per 31 thoughts podcast, owners won't allow amnesty buyouts.

They're not going to buy out Staal and Lundquist.

So you're happy with Smith, Lindgren, Staal on the left next year?

Smith plays forward, but it doesn't matter. My point is that we have too many dead weight contracts and players knocking on the door to take their spots. Where does he fit?

I've been calling for them to get a Finnish player since last summer but I just don't know how they fit him in. We have a million D.

Smith plays forward, but it doesn't matter. My point is that we have too many dead weight contracts and players knocking on the door to take their spots. Where does he fit?

I've been calling for them to get a Finnish player since last summer but I just don't know how they fit him in. We have a million D.

We have a million D, but only 2 LHD at the NHL level.

Our LD depth is:

Lindgren

Staal

Hajek

Rykov

Lundkvist

Miller

Robertson

Jones

Six of those players aren't NHL ready.

We have a million D, but only 2 LHD at the NHL level.

Our LD depth is:

Lindgren

Staal

Hajek

Rykov

Lundkvist

Miller

Robertson

Jones

Six of those players aren't NHL ready.

Lundkvist is a RHD.

Staal is gone after next season. Miller, robertson and Jones are atleast one year away from NHL level and Hajek/Rykov need to show more in the A.

The right side is good with Trouba, ADA, Fox (and Lundkvist), but the left side need help.

There?s really no risk in signing him. Worst case scenario he?s not good and he?s gone after a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk