• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Up In The Blue Seats Podcast

NYR2711

This weeks episode is an interview with Neil Smith. It's a really good interview, if you haven't listened, you should. He talks about everything from his pre-Rangers years, how he was hired, about players he had drafted, I had no clue he drafted Lidstrom for Detroit, trades he made and why he made some that he did like Gartner, Amonte and Zubov and the Messier trade.

Overall, its a pretty good podcast, obviously now its just interviews with former players, but even during the season it was pretty good. It's some hockey when nothing is going on right now in hockey.

This weeks episode is an interview with Neil Smith. It's a really good interview, if you haven't listened, you should. He talks about everything from his pre-Rangers years, how he was hired, about players he had drafted, I had no clue he drafted Lidstrom for Detroit, trades he made and why he made some that he did like Gartner, Amonte and Zubov and the Messier trade.

Overall, its a pretty good podcast, obviously now its just interviews with former players, but even during the season it was pretty good. It's some hockey when nothing is going on right now in hockey.

I downloaded the podcast yesterday and the Zubov trade didn't work out well for the Rangers.

I haven’t listened to it yet, but I will.

Does he admit basically being strong armed by Keenan over those deadline day deals?

Yes he does. He said that they went against everything he was for making those trades. It was a very good interview and he didn't hold back.

Why did he have to make that trade?
He didn't.

Smith basically said Zubov thanked him for the trade. Zubov was scared of the Legion of Doom.

What makes no sense is... Zubov still had to play Philly. Basically the story was probably exaggerated.

He didn't.

Smith basically said Zubov thanked him for the trade. Zubov was scared of the Legion of Doom.

What makes no sense is... Zubov still had to play Philly. Basically the story was probably exaggerated.

It’s one of the worst trades in team history

• 3 weeks later...