• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Lindgren?s Emergence Gives Rangers Tantalizing Pairing

Phil

The Rangers viewed Hajek as a slam-dunk, no-questions-asked, top-four left defenseman. They viewed Lindgren as a project with exceptional leadership skills, though with mobility issues, who might become a six or seven guy.

Two years later, Hajek is more the project and Lindgren, well, he emerged from his freshman season as the Rangers? top left defenseman and one-half of the irrepressible and inseparable rookie tandem featuring Adam Fox that emerged as the team?s matchup pair.

You don?t want to become overly intoxicated with the Lindgren-Fox pair. Second years ? and beyond ? can be more daunting than rookie seasons. The Rangers and Brady Skjei have unfortunate shared recent experience with that. Opponents will adjust to the two 22-year-olds, who form a matched set on and off the ice. They will know what to expect.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/02/ryan-lindgrens-emergence-gives-rangers-tantalizing-pairing/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The best surprise showing by a Ranger rookie since... I'm not sure I can even remember one so surprising. Greschner was quite a surprise in his day. I guess Murdoch was a surprise, but it was doused before the season was even over. Mike Ridley, maybe. Granato. Anyway, most of the excellent rookies we've had have not been as big of a surprise.

I'm looking forward to seeing him announced on opening night. I think the gallery gods are going to designate him as an official favorite.

The best surprise showing by a Ranger rookie since... I'm not sure I can even remember one so surprising. Greschner was quite a surprise in his day. I guess Murdoch was a surprise, but it was doused before the season was even over. Mike Ridley, maybe. Granato. Anyway, most of the excellent rookies we've had have not been as big of a surprise.

I'm looking forward to seeing him announced on opening night. I think the gallery gods are going to designate him as an official favorite.

Well then you don't know...

getty_pprucha.jpg

Oh I don?t know, I might have to go with....

lundqvist.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1748&h=1165&crop=1

Legitimate point. I was thinking more of skaters, but Lundquist, although not highly touted at the time he was drafted, was quite highly touted by the time he got here. I recall being kind of excited about him. A lot more than Ryan Lindren , at least. Granted, no one expected him to be in the Vezina hunt as a rookie, even if good things were expected of him.