• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Silver Lining to Brendan Lemieux’s Disappointing Rangers Season

Scott

yes and that doesn't mean as the emotion rises he isn't more likely to screw up. Are we saying he plays with a high level of intelligence? We haven't played a meaningful game since he got here. If we're holding on to that stat Strome is a worse player? It's more about the timing where Lemieux seems to struggle.

I don't think BL brings all that much, I think his "toughness" is way way over rated, he's willing to get punched in the face which is admirable I guess. He didn't show much if anything this season. He's cheap so there's that.

yes and that doesn't mean as the emotion rises he isn't more likely to screw up. Are we saying he plays with a high level of intelligence? We haven't played a meaningful game since he got here. If we're holding on to that stat Strome is a worse player? It's more about the timing where Lemieux seems to struggle.

I don't think BL brings all that much, I think his "toughness" is way way over rated, he's willing to get punched in the face which is admirable I guess. He didn't show much if anything this season. He's cheap so there's that.

I think you're laying the hyperbola on a little bit thick.

I understand somebody brought Strome in to this conversation cuz it's the popular thing to dump on him no matter how much he proves everybody wrong... But he really has nothing to do with this.

You made a comment that Lemieux takes bad penalties. The fact is He draws more penalties than he takes. So it's kind of moot that he takes penalties every now and then.

He’s not going to command a lot of money, comes from a good pedigree, is young, and shows some spark. If you can do a 2-3 year deal where he doesn’t break the bank at all then why the hell not? 1.25 x 3 and see if you are lucky enough to have him grow above his pay grade. If not, it’s 1.25m.

He’s not going to command a lot of money, comes from a good pedigree, is young, and shows some spark. If you can do a 2-3 year deal where he doesn’t break the bank at all then why the hell not? 1.25 x 3 and see if you are lucky enough to have him grow above his pay grade. If not, it’s 1.25m.

My feelings exactly. Won’t cost very much in term or money to keep him around through the rest of his developmental curve. They may end up with a very useful bottom-6 winger out of it.

My feelings exactly. Won’t cost very much in term or money to keep him around through the rest of his developmental curve. They may end up with a very useful bottom-6 winger out of it.

Which they need moving forward. Seems most agree he should be resigned. I said it elsewhere but this whole team should basically get a chance again next season. Hopefully with a couple subtractions in the deadweight/7th defenseman department.

Which they need moving forward. Seems most agree he should be resigned. I said it elsewhere but this whole team should basically get a chance again next season. Hopefully with a couple subtractions in the deadweight/7th defenseman department.

Totally agree.

You need good players there and an effective bottom-6.

Depth is a big factor in the difference between good teams and also-rans.