• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Best Countries/Cities/Areas Retirement

4EverRangerFrank

Liked the US thread but how about for those of us looking to move outside the USA? Retirement beckons for all at some point in their lifetime. Where would you consider moving to? (Healthcare, safety, cost-of-living, weather, etc.)

Me? I?d love to be near a beach or at least close to where fishermen port. I want to learn how to process whole fish and make stock. Not looking for a protracted rainy season either.

Liked the US thread but how about for those of us looking to move outside the USA? Retirement beckons for all at some point in their lifetime. Where would you consider moving to? (Healthcare, safety, cost-of-living, weather, etc.)

Me? I?d love to be near a beach or at least close to where fishermen port. I want to learn how to process whole fish and make stock. Not looking for a protracted rainy season either.

Wuhan. Corona free.

• 2 weeks later...
All this has me thinking is "LOL...retirement."

My job sucks and the life expectancy is 63, but if I do the absolute minimum time and defer my pension for 2.5 years, I can walk away in 15 years. I’ll be 47. I’ll 90% have to get a second job, but I can do something I enjoy instead of doing something I hate to support the family.

I'd love to move out of the country for extended periods of time, but I don't know if I'll ever move permanently just because of familial matters.

That said, I was close to taking a job in Berlin last year and I'd love to go, maybe for a year or two. The other place that has drawn my eye is Amsterdam, the happiest city on earth.

Russians usually stay close to their kids and kids usually don’t move far from parents. So retirement will be somewhere close to where the kids will be. But my dream is to have an apartment in Paris.

Paris is far too busy for retirement, surely. Love the place, but I wouldn’t dream of spending my retirement years there.

You’d be better off in a nice little village in Brittany or in the south, depending on your preference in weather.