• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kaapo Kakko?s Stubbornness is Blocking Potential Rangers Greatness

Phil

I suspect the over sized off season will prove beneficial to some players and detrimental to others. We'll see which fall into which category. For players who need to clear their heads, like Kakko and Andersson, it should be beneficial.

I'm sure that the Rangers trainers, Jaime Rodriguez and Ben Prentiss, have provided the players with materials and workout regiments to help get them in shape/keep them in shape. Many of the players seem to be aware that this is really their offseason so they've got to be ready if the season starts again in two months. Ice time is the biggest issue and that's what Kakko needs most. I'm all for him getting more muscle on his bones, but he needs to improve his skating if he wants to have any marked difference in his game when play resumes.

I'm sure that the Rangers trainers, Jaime Rodriguez and Ben Prentiss, have provided the players with materials and workout regiments to help get them in shape/keep them in shape. Many of the players seem to be aware that this is really their offseason so they've got to be ready if the season starts again in two months. Ice time is the biggest issue and that's what Kakko needs most. I'm all for him getting more muscle on his bones, but he needs to improve his skating if he wants to have any marked difference in his game when play resumes.

The skating is the big thing. Surely they’ve noticed it and I’d be shocked if there’s no plan in place to address that.