• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Captain Zibanejad Coming in 2020-21?

Phil

Uh huh, and you know this from the hours and hours of time you spend around them and the team in practice and off the ice?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

None of us have to spend time in locker room or around the guys to know this. Dont be a smart ass if someone sees what you don’t, or if someone sees differently.

Soft spoken personality is not the captain worth it. End of story!

On the other hand, team has no one else as talented with some leadership qualities that other look up to.

So he probably will get the C.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of us have to spend time in locker room or around the guys to know this. Dont be a smart ass if someone sees what you don?t, or if someone sees differently.

On the other hand, team has no one else as talented with some leadership qualities that other look up to.

Some the greatest captains to ever play were soft spoken. The sevenlisted below were just listed in article of the top 15 Captains all time. There were 3 players from ages ago where i have zero idea what their personality was like. Of the 15, only 3 would be considered loud alphas such as Messier, Clark, and Stevens.

And some neutral such as Borque, Mario, Gretzky.

Nick Lidsrom

Jonathan Toews

Steve Yzerman

Daniel Alfredsson

Mats Sundin

Joe Sakic

Jean Belavieu

None of us have to spend time in locker room or around the guys to know this. Dont be a smart ass if someone sees what you don’t, or if someone sees differently.

Actually, you do. Because that's where the actual leadership occurs. As opposed to the canned and coached monotone responses they give to the media when the red light turns on. We only see a minuscule percentage of their lives behind the scenes. Coaches, on the other hand, experience it all, which is why they — not us — are the best judge of character to determine who should be wearing letters and who shouldn't.

What you perceive as "soft-spoken," the coaches and team may understand as a steady reserve. Just because you think the only way to lead a team is to scream doesn't mean that's the only way to lead a team.

• Like 1

I love the dude on my profile but rangers fans have to get away from this idea that every captain has to be mess like. Ziby diving on the P.K, scoring 5, getting gwg, hustling every shift. That’s leadership to me. The Leetch situation was very very different. They lost their captain and Leetch was asked to fill his shoes.

Leetch was not a loud guy and nobody would question his leadership by soft-spoken word or on ice action. Zib fills the bill for me. His game is respected and he is thoughtful in his public comments. And he's going to be here a while. Kreider? He would be my choice if Zib wasn't around. The difference being consistency. Kreids still does a Casper every few games or so. You need a "C" who shows up every night.

I love the dude on my profile but rangers fans have to get away from this idea that every captain has to be mess like. Ziby diving on the P.K, scoring 5, getting gwg, hustling every shift. That?s leadership to me. The Leetch situation was very very different. They lost their captain and Leetch was asked to fill his shoes. This teams identity is build around who they have now, not who they lost. Hell, as much as it pains me to say it, I think Hank is more of a distraction than anything else because the team plays very different when Hank is in net as compared to either Georgie or Shesh ( just by my eye test at least )

And didn't want to be the captain. It had nothing to do with his personality. It had to do with whether or not he was the right man for the job. He wasn't.

None of us have to spend time in locker room or around the guys to know this. Dont be a smart ass if someone sees what you don?t, or if someone sees differently.

Did u literally criticize one person for shutting down an opinion then say ?end of story? a sentence later, this trying to shit down someone?s opinion? Lol

• Like 1

And didn't want to be the captain. It had nothing to do with his personality. It had to do with whether or not he was the right man for the job. He wasn't.

Still remember the awkwardness when they brought Messier back and Leetch was there to give him back the captaincy lol

I think Howden might be named captain. He was here for 2 seasons now, prior to that he was a captain of Moose Jaw Warriors for 2 seasons. The guy does have leadership qualities and Quinn like him. He could turn into a Nick Foligno type player.

And I defended your opinion? Lol.

I think Howden might be named captain. He was here for 2 seasons now, prior to that he was a captain of Moose Jaw Warriors for 2 seasons. The guy does have leadership qualities and Quinn like him. He could turn into a Nick Foligno type player.

This is top class trolling

This is top class trolling

wtf are you talking about? Some people don't seem to understand the term "trolling". Their wife cooks them a meal they don't like they accuse her of trolling. Doctor office calls them saying the doctor wants to speak with them, they accuse them of trolling. Somebody crossing the street on don't walk... "trolling".

Nope. Quite the opposite, in fact. Because it's blatant and obvious. It's bottom-of-the-barrel.

Yeah, but I just love all the trolling involving Howden lol.

He wrote a ?long? post and tried to make sense out of it, so not too bad honestly.

wtf are you talking about? Some people don't seem to understand the term "trolling". Their wife cooks them a meal they don't like they accuse her of trolling. Doctor office calls them saying the doctor wants to speak with them, they accuse them of trolling. Somebody crossing the street on don't walk... "trolling".

I dont know what you?re talking about here.

You?ve mentioned two players in this thread. Morgan Barron (0 NHL games) and Howden (a 21 y old 4th liner). As captain of the New York Rangers? That has to be trolling lol.

I dont know what you’re talking about here.

You’ve mentioned two players in this thread. Morgan Barron (0 NHL games) and Howden (a 21 y old 4th liner). As captain of the New York Rangers? That has to be trolling lol.

it is called throwing some outside of the box ideas around. Look at the coach we have, how many NHL games he coached before getting this job at 51 years of age?

Bottom feeder quality stuff man, come on. Everybody here is part asshole and enjoys jabbing here and there but some of these (this one is a perfect example) is way over the line of garbage. It's always cool to have a different point of view but that's not what this is, there's a huge difference.