Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "I expect Lundqvist to be bought out,"

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend

"I expect Lundqvist to be bought out,"

I expect Lundqvist to be bought out, with the Rangers going with an Igor Shesterkin-Alex Gerorgiev tandem in nets.

The club will need to get a veteran goaltender under contract for 2021-22 to expose in the Seattle expansion draft. J-F Berube, who finished the AHL season with Hartford after the Rangers acquired the 28-year-old from Philadelphia leading up to the deadline, becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer. Management might want to consider signing the one-time Islanders third goalie to a two-year deal with substantial minor league pay.
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/31/ranger...draft-reality/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    No more buyouts!!

...for Christ's sake!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    For Hanks Ranger career to end like this... Coronavirus killing the season... would really suck.

But it needs to happen whether by force or his retirement.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Whatever is set for the cap after this debacle, it is going to be lower for next season and, presumably, higher for the following season after a full season of revenues is completed. This increases the chance of a Hank buyout, because they will need to move the bulk of his cap hit from next year, when the cap is artificially low, to the following year, when it will be at least somewhat higher.

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    We've seen nothing indicating a drop in cap. What I think is more likely is a repeat of this season, with an amnesty buyout included to help teams get compliant.

I'd also imagine it's how they'd say goodbye to Hank.

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Whatever is set for the cap after this debacle, it is going to be lower for next season and, presumably, higher for the following season after a full season of revenues is completed. This increases the chance of a Hank buyout, because they will need to move the bulk of his cap hit from next year, when the cap is artificially low, to the following year, when it will be at least somewhat higher.
    When the cap goes up, and you waste that cap on buyouts, that's poor management. Theyve already created a huge cap issue for next season. A Lunqvist buyout means you are spending as much on dead weight as you are on Artemi Panarin. You have to realize that you are handcuffing your team. Imagine this team with another Panarin!
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    they have painted themselves into a corner a lot the recent years cap wise. Hopefully they don't shoot themselves in the foot as much going forward. As you said Josh if they buy Hank out and they end up having a Panarin worth of dead cap space that's just terrible. Trouba's deal likely being the next one that's gonna possibly hurt. I know Panarin is the new superstar here and I love everything about his game. His deal is likely to be an issue on the back end too. If they win a cup or two it would be worth it. I get you have to be willing to go the extra term and dollars to get the superstar (that's not Trouba) but it's a double edged sword for sure. When your young (see cheep) guys don't pan out as well as you would like it's a bad combination. They need to step way up for this thing to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    We've seen nothing indicating a drop in cap. What I think is more likely is a repeat of this season, with an amnesty buyout included to help teams get compliant.

Would make more sense to allow a compliance buyout next offseason, before or after the expansion draft.

If they cancel the rest of the season, and give a compliance buyout, I think we lose a bunch of guys to retirement. Shitty way to go. At least with Seattle, it gives players another option, as well as a chance for a new franchise to have recognizable names.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post

How about the ability to clear dead cap space instead? Say 6.08M?

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Nets? As in, they're going to try to defend both of them?

Would be really sad if Hank doesn't get to have a swan song home game.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    To be clear, a Hank buyout does absolutely nothing to help the cap.

I get why they are doing this, to free themselves of an ugly situation they created, but it's certainly not the route I would have went.

Backups are easy to find, trade Geo and have Hank backup Shesty.

That's my opinion, I have no interest in litigating it in this thread. It's a dead issue, if they're buying him out.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Only way they SHOULD use another buyout is if it’s an amnesty buyout.
    It shouldn’t even be in the conversation otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I get why they are doing this, to free themselves of an ugly situation they created, but it's certainly not the route I would have went.

That's my opinion, I have no interest in litigating it in this thread. It's a dead issue, if they're buying him out.
    Iím with Pete on this one.. georgiev isnít going to overtake shesty as the starter and let hank retire a ranger

Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    I’m with Pete on this one.. georgiev isn’t going to overtake shesty as the starter and let hank retire a ranger

In theory, sure. What if Hank told them he doesn't want to be a backup?

Converted Naysayer Midget Division

Well put, Pete! Not just the bolded, but yeah...I agree with your opinion.

We've got enough cap wasted next season. I can wait another season for 25 million to open up and get, like what Josh said, "Another Panarin" type player...or TWO!

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie

Agree. Not a great move here.

never liked this contract but in reality it is only 1 bad year. could very well have been 3 or 4.
    Acqua in bocca

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    In theory, sure. What if Hank told them he doesn't want to be a backup?
    Then he should waive his ntc

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    never liked this contract but in reality it is only 1 bad year. could very well have been 3 or 4.
    I wouldn't even say he's had a bad year.

I see it as three or four average years. His elite bubble burst for me after the unceremonious 1st round exit vs. Pitssburgh.

What about unconditional waivers for purposes of contract termination. These circumvent the cap, correct? That's his option if he doesnt want to be a back up

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast