• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Are You Doing To Not Go Crazy During Coronavirus Lockdown

NYR2711

Since a good majority of us are stuck in a basic lockdown because of this stupid virus, what is everyone doing to not go stir crazy? What are you watching, doing, keeping the kids calm? What is your outlet to getaway from all the news and politics that is dragging all of us down? I know lots of people are working from home, wish I could, lol. So whats everyone up to?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an 8 month old at home, am I can’t even get bombed and play video games, lol.

When he naps, I watch some of the various steaming platforms I sub to. Other than that, I got nothing. I would do some house repair, but I don’t have any of the materials I’d need to do them, lol.

We're managing to move our property tax auctions entirely online....so I'm able to do my usual work from home and will still travel for signs-photos. Next week I'll do a FaceBook Live seminar in place of the usual one we do at the hotel the week of the auction.

My son and I are always developing new product ideas. Today we are going to white-board an outline of 'next step' things to accomplish since he'll be home from college now until the end of the semester. We'll work on 2 patent filings, trademark and copyright stuff along with planning the KickStarter video and range of adopter benefits. Plenty to do over the next few weeks. (We've created a rough prototype that works and will package a copy to the engineer who will do our patent drawings.)

I really hope MSG re-broadcasts some of the '94 Rangers season along with some games from the 70's and 80's. Sure, they'll only show wins, but it will keep the morale strong while we wait for the season to re-start. Stay healthy and shelter-in.

Working from home (what we can, considering we work heavily in pro and college sports — all of which are suspended right now). Waiting on the day when baby #2 arrives. Regimenting as best we can a somewhat structured day with learning, exercise, etc. for our four-year-old. Re-watching The West Wing.

Working from home (what we can, considering we work heavily in pro and college sports — all of which are suspended right now).Waiting on the day when baby #2 arrives. Regimenting as best we can a somewhat structured day with learning, exercise, etc. for our four-year-old. Re-watching The West Wing.

Tough timing. A friend of mine also expecting within the next few weeks.

Working from home (what we can, considering we work heavily in pro and college sports — all of which are suspended right now). Waiting on the day when baby #2 arrives. Regimenting as best we can a somewhat structured day with learning, exercise, etc. for our four-year-old. Re-watching The West Wing.

picked out any names yet?

We're managing to move our property tax auctions entirely online....so I'm able to do my usual work from home and will still travel for signs-photos. Next week I'll do a FaceBook Live seminar in place of the usual one we do at the hotel the week of the auction.

My son and I are always developing new product ideas. Today we are going to white-board an outline of 'next step' things to accomplish since he'll be home from college now until the end of the semester. We'll work on 2 patent filings, trademark and copyright stuff along with planning the KickStarter video and range of adopter benefits. Plenty to do over the next few weeks. (We've created a rough prototype that works and will package a copy to the engineer who will do our patent drawings.)

I really hope MSG re-broadcasts some of the '94 Rangers season along with some games from the 70's and 80's. Sure, they'll only show wins, but it will keep the morale strong while we wait for the season to re-start. Stay healthy and shelter-in.

I still have this this VHS tape...

s-l400.jpg

• Like 1

I have an 8 month old at home, am I can’t even get bombed and play video games, lol.

When he naps, I watch some of the various steaming platforms I sub to. Other than that, I got nothing. I would do some house repair, but I don’t have any of the materials I’d need to do them, lol.

Get ready for 12 hour tours, it’s coming. We just heard that once we reach 3,000 out sick, we are going to 12 hour tours. They said that they are gonna pull people from the detective bureau and some of the inside details for coverage. If true, we are guessing by the end of the week.

I have 2 kids at home from school, both are already annoying each other. My wife starts working from home on Friday. Everything I watch I can’t watch around my kids, I have to be responsible, so I can’t even watch anything I want to. I’m hoping to at least be able to get out and go for a nice walk around the neighborhood when I’m off. The one nice thing so far is that even with the construction being done, I haven’t hit any traffic driving into work. Just need the parking to get better.

Two teen-aged boys at home. Trying to help them sort out their "distance learning" system with their teachers. Once we finish school, gotta get them out to exercise - shooting hoops or running, cuz no gym . Then I have to get my own work done. And then, if possible, late in the afternoon I go down to the basement and pull out the guitar I bought in December and work on new songs and flatpicking technique. That or grab some time on the piano. My band had to cancel our next gig with nothing after that, and we can't get together to rehearse, so ...

And in other news, all standing ordinances restricting alcohol consumption in our home have been suspended for the duration of the coronavirus emergency.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'll start by recognizing many directly affected have it much rougher.

For me, when I am in a positive mindframe, I get time outdoors, exercise, read, eat healthy, get enough sleep, stay communicative. When I get depressed I get insomnia, eat junk, drink too much, gain weight, watch too much TV, and withdraw. With not only no hockey but no sports on the horizon until Juneish?, maybe longer, that outlet is gone, and I'm trying to get back to the positive spectrum more frequently.

Season mode on NHL 2019

Everyone in my family is working at home and trying to keep clear and not kill each other. The worst part for me was the gym getting closed, so I've been doing a lot of walking and body weight exercises, catching up on my reading and of course Netflix, Hulu or whatever movie that my wife and I can watch. My wife and I are also taking turns going to the grocery store making sure we have enough food for at least a week.

Need to make a run to the liquor store for fresh supplies. :chug:

Get ready for 12 hour tours, it?s coming. We just heard that once we reach 3,000 out sick, we are going to 12 hour tours. They said that they are gonna pull people from the detective bureau and some of the inside details for coverage. If true, we are guessing by the end of the week.

I have an immunosuppressed infant at home. I?m just not going to be able to come home for weeks, if I end up back out there answering radio runs.

I have an immunosuppressed infant at home. I’m just not going to be able to come home for weeks, if I end up back out there answering radio runs.

I'm sure your union would have something to say if the city tried to force you out there.

I'm sure your union would have something to say if the city tried to force you out there.

“This is the job you signed up for.” But the real issue is when you have supervisors they fuck with you with issues like that out of spite. I never understood why so many people harbor negativity towards cops until I became one.