• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Are You Doing To Not Go Crazy During Coronavirus Lockdown

NYR2711

I have an immunosuppressed infant at home. I’m just not going to be able to come home for weeks, if I end up back out there answering radio runs.

My wife has an immunodeficiency as well, she has Chrones plus she has asthma very badly. Her asthma has kicked up the past 2 weeks, and her doctor told her to go to the ER to get an IV steroid. She doesn't want to go to the ER because she is more worried about being there and catching the Coronavirus. She is on her nebulizer every 2-3 hours.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“This is the job you signed up for.” But the real issue is when you have supervisors they fuck with you with issues like that out of spite. I never understood why so many people harbor negativity towards cops until I became one.

Yep, this is my LT. He has told us in the past that he expects everyone to be at work if we have a huge snowstorm, even if we have plenty of people. We have people who are having child care issues right now with school being out, and we are all worried about what he is going to say. A guy that used to work with us, his 6 month old son was rushed to the hospital and was hospitalized for like a week, and he complained that he was out for a week because of that. My boss has battled with him over these issues, and this guy doesn't care. I needed off tomorrow because my wife is at work this week learning the teach from home system for the city schools, and we couldn't find anyone to take the kids. My boss gave me the day and won't tell my LT he gave me off. Its so pathetic that people have to be like this.

Yep, this is my LT. He has told us in the past that he expects everyone to be at work if we have a huge snowstorm, even if we have plenty of people. We have people who are having child care issues right now with school being out, and we are all worried about what he is going to say. A guy that used to work with us, his 6 month old son was rushed to the hospital and was hospitalized for like a week, and he complained that he was out for a week because of that. My boss has battled with him over these issues, and this guy doesn't care. I needed off tomorrow because my wife is at work this week learning the teach from home system for the city schools, and we couldn't find anyone to take the kids. My boss gave me the day and won't tell my LT he gave me off. Its so pathetic that people have to be like this.

I honestly hate this job and wish I never took it. I was planning on vesting at 10, but then had a son with a 1 in 100k genetic disorder and a litany of related issues. Our insurance can’t be beat. So now, I’m stuck. I’m sure me bottling up the frustration at this situation will be the cause of an alcohol problem or repeated therapist visits later on in life, lol.

I honestly hate this job and wish I never took it. I was planning on vesting at 10, but then had a son with a 1 in 100k genetic disorder and a litany of related issues. Our insurance can?t be beat. So now, I?m stuck. I?m sure me bottling up the frustration at this situation will be the cause of an alcohol problem or repeated therapist visits later on in life, lol.

Go now. There's nothing wrong with it and it really is helpful. I waited too long before I started taking advantage of this! I should have done it when I was in your shoes.

edit: also, if you're really that unhappy with it, you should probably vest anyway. Other jobs out there have good benefits as well. The stress toll you're taking on your body is irreparable if you're really that unhappy. Nothing is worth that.

Go now. There's nothing wrong with it and it really is helpful. I waited too long before I started taking advantage of this! I should have done it when I was in your shoes.

edit: also, if you're really that unhappy with it, you should probably vest anyway. Other jobs out there have good benefits as well. The stress toll you're taking on your body is irreparable if you're really that unhappy. Nothing is worth that.

Seconded on go now if you can. It really can make all the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

In the past 6 days:

- Listed my condo

- Accepted offer on condo

- Made offer on house

- Sellers accepted offer on house

As of today, governor of IL said no more open houses. Our original plan was to do an open house on our condo this coming Sunday.

Holy fucking shit.

Inspection of condo tomorrow.

:slats: :slats: :slats: :slats: :slats: :slats:

I honestly hate this job and wish I never took it. I was planning on vesting at 10, but then had a son with a 1 in 100k genetic disorder and a litany of related issues. Our insurance can’t be beat. So now, I’m stuck. I’m sure me bottling up the frustration at this situation will be the cause of an alcohol problem or repeated therapist visits later on in life, lol.

I hear you. I have 2 years left, but wanted to stay another 8. At this point Im not sure what to do. I hate my boss, and all the good people who actually work are retiring in the next year or 2, and whats left are mostly lazy. I honestly don't know if I can stay another 6 past what I have to.

Still working, thankfully. Seems Telcos are dead set on upgrading their capacity as fast as possible, which is good. Mostly working from a hotel room, so I'm nice and isolated.

God bless my wife, I dunno how she does it, kids are insane.

On weekends I'm BBQing like crazy. Have time to try out all kinds of crazy shit.

I'm very lucky to have a job where I work from home a few times a week already. Switching to full time remote was not a problem, so isolation has been fairly easy for me. Just occasional runs to the store for food.

I'm mostly spending time with my 5 month old son, playing video games with friends (via Xbox Live), and doing a lot of odds and ends garage-work things I've had on my agenda already. I had to fix up my lawn mower to get it ready for the season, needed to install a new drive belt. I got my lawn ready for the season, and did some landscaping/weeding today as it was very nice here (think it was mid 70s).

Tomorrow is a store run for more groceries. Hoping I can find some fresh ground beef or chicken this time.

In the past 6 days:

- Listed my condo

- Accepted offer on condo

- Made offer on house

- Sellers accepted offer on house

As of today, governor of IL said no more open houses. Our original plan was to do an open house on our condo this coming Sunday.

Holy fucking shit.

Inspection of condo tomorrow.

:slats: :slats: :slats: :slats: :slats: :slats:

Inspection on new house today.

That's good timing! Good luck.

I'm very lucky to have a job where I work from home a few times a week already. Switching to full time remote was not a problem, so isolation has been fairly easy for me. Just occasional runs to the store for food.

I'm mostly spending time with my 5 month old son, playing video games with friends (via Xbox Live), and doing a lot of odds and ends garage-work things I've had on my agenda already. I had to fix up my lawn mower to get it ready for the season, needed to install a new drive belt. I got my lawn ready for the season, and did some landscaping/weeding today as it was very nice here (think it was mid 70s).

Tomorrow is a store run for more groceries. Hoping I can find some fresh ground beef or chicken this time.

Where do u live? Here it was 49 degrees

I'm still working. My wife is a teacher so she will be working from home eventually. District is using up all their snow days and then moving back their spring break. After that they have to start teaching online somehow. My job is deemed essential so I am still going in. I have until 4/8 to use the last 10 days left of my FMLA/Paid Family Leave from when my daughter was born last year. When home just keeping my almost 3 year old son and my almost 1 year old daughter occupied. Playing outside when it is nice and doing anything possible inside when its not.

What are the interest rates now?

About 3.5% on a 30-year.

Shit's so volatile right now, it's hard to keep up. Rates went down to 3.5% but apparently so many people refinanced to try and get that rate that the rates are back up to 3.99. I'm sure I'm being fed some BS by my lender, but that's my understanding.

Coworker was just saying earlier this morning that he applied to refinance with Teachers Fed. He paid the $600 fee to start the process and now can't get anyone to answer his calls. Doesn't know what is going to happen.

Thankfully mortgages and real estate purchases are essential, but yeah, shit's fucking insane right now. I would suggest he just keeps trying.

That's good timing! Good luck.

I don’t think I'd ever be able to get this house at this price in this location ever again. I'm jumping.