• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tom Brady Leaving New England Patriots

Phil

It?s dumb on Brady?s part to leave after 20 years, at 42 years old. Legends that spend their whole career with one team have a mystique that modern day athletes rarely have in the age of free agency. He?s made boat loads of money and won everything. I don?t see the point of this.

Hearing a lot of talk about him signing in Tampa. To me, that makes little sense. They aren’t a team close to being a contender. Cleveland would make much more sense with all that offensive power and Mayfield being terrible.

They have excellent receivers, but yeah I don't get this either.

• 2 months later...
The uniforms look perfect. It almost seemed like he needed to separate from the Patriot way because the message was getting stale and Tom needed a new voice. He has that in a players' coach in Bruce Arians. TB12 has the weapons, the coaching staff, and the uniforms to succeed. Let's wait and see what happens over the course of the season.

• 3 weeks later...
What do you guys think of Cam Newton to the Pats? Is he going to lead them to the playoffs?

Cam was done dirty by the Panthers. That guy can flat-out play, and that NE team could have done way, way worse than him this year.

I think the Patriots are as good as anyone in that division. It'll be closer than the past, but they'll still win the AFC east.

They have the best coach and play in a weak division. So there’s every chance they win that division.

The Bills might give them a good run for their money though. Assuming that Cam will go through a transition period first that is. But if he comes out the gate running, then yeah, I think they got the AFC East title locked up.