Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1224

Thread: The Trump Administration's Handling of the Coronavirus

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend

49 of 50 Governors Have Better Coronavirus Poll Numbers Than Trump

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    Insert Benny Hill theme song here:

Last edited by jsrangers; 05-20-2020 at 04:37 PM.
    A wise man once said: Vote Nonpathological 2020.

rebuilding Junior Division
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/polit...rus/index.html

'President Donald Trump announced Friday that his administration is issuing guidance deeming places of worship "essential" during the coronavirus pandemic, calling on governors to reopen religious institutions for services. Trump threatened to "override" governors if their states did not follow the new federal recommendations, but it was unclear what authority the President was referring to. The recommendations are voluntary.'
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Senior Member Midget Division
    Ummmm...separation of church and state?

Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Ummmm...separation of church and state?
    Interesting discussion. What's less of a separation of church and state? The state mandating that the church stay closed OR the state deeming churches as essential.

I don't agree with either statement.

Raised Catholic. I was always concerned with politicians offering prayers at public gatherings or preceding meetings. I thought prayer and therefore was something best exercised in private or at a designated place of worship...that you attended at your own volition. Odd days now.

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Raised Catholic. I was always concerned with politicians offering prayers at public gatherings or preceding meetings. I thought prayer and therefore was something best exercised in private or at a designated place of worship...that you attended at your own volition. Odd days now.
    Now? Trump’s fault, isnt it? “In God We Trust” has been on a dollar bill for centuries?

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Now? Trump’s fault, isnt it? “In God We Trust” has been on a dollar bill for centuries?
    It was put on in 1956 to replace "E Pluribus Unum" to differentiate it from the USSR, which promoted state atheism, though it appeared on some coins on and off since around the Civil War.

We should go back.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Does ingesting copious amounts of hydroxychloroquine help you live in a fantasy world where detractors don't exist?
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    So which is it? Did he get great reviews or no credit?

I take exception to Trump’s pronouncement that “churches are essential”...what exactly? Businesses?

The part that is Trump’s fault, to me at least, is him NOT siding in any way with caution. I’m not going to recite them for you. There are people on beaches and at crowded bars being interviewed who explain why they are not wearing masks or social distancing - “Trump isn’t so why should I?”

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    The only reasons it’s still there is the Supreme Court ruled that the US government’s recognition of God does not constitute the establishment of a state church.
    As Jefferson intended to prohibit, he couldn’t build a wall large enough to separate the two.

Even Eisenhower who’s administration signed the act in 1956 had issues with it

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Mite Division Bieser's Avatar
    Well, in IL you can by liquor, marijuana,get an abortion and go to a packed..and I do mean packed..Walmart. You can play golf (in groups of 2 even if the 4 of you live together).

But no Church.

Our Governor was about to lose in IL court and have is stay at home order overturned… and judge shopped his way to federal court. Not sure what will happen.
    So church is a gathering. Likened to a family picnic. Other places get restrictions, limitations, recommendations but not churches. Can’t trust those crazy nut job Christians to use common sense.

Please don’t link me to the examples of bad apples. I know they’re out there.

My church drew up a plan. Every other pew, 25 percent capacity. Masks. No use of printed material or passing of an offering plate. Immediate exit after service. Mayor liked it…but his hands are tied if someone calls the police.

IL gives him emergency powers for 30 days. That’s expired. He’s being sued by legislators. According to him the legislators suing him have political agendas and he’s just looking out for my good.
    In 1994 I thought I could die in peace...now I'm hungry again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bieser View Post
    Well, in IL you can by liquor, marijuana,get an abortion and go to a packed..and I do mean packed..Walmart. You can play golf (in groups of 2 even if the 4 of you live together).

But no Church.

Our Governor was about to lose in IL court and have is stay at home order overturned… and judge shopped his way to federal court. Not sure what will happen.
    So church is a gathering. Likened to a family picnic. Other places get restrictions, limitations, recommendations but not churches. Can’t trust those crazy nut job Christians to use common sense.

My church drew up a plan. Every other pew, 25 percent capacity. Masks. No use of printed material or passing of an offering plate. Immediate exit after service. Mayor liked it…but his hands are tied if someone calls the police.

IL gives him emergency powers for 30 days. That’s expired. He’s being sued by legislators. According to him the legislators suing him have political agendas and he’s just looking out for my good.
    Honestly, throw in hand sanitizer on entrance and that feels reasonable to me. I'd feel alright with that.

I'm not sure how bad the outbreak is in your area, but the risk in Chicago is probably higher than in rural Illinois.

I'm also a fan of holding Wal-Mart accountable for poor controls; that's just irresponsible.
    Hidden Content

Moderator BSBH Prospect

The Trump Administration's Handling of the Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Bieser View Post

But no Church.

Although myself an atheist, I am first and foremost American, and support your freedom of religion.
    That being said, it appears you have exactly met the criteria to responsibly hold services. Might i suggest sanitizers for door handles etc?
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Banned Junior Division
    how come there are no uniform regulations for stores? on my block in BK where I work we have a Dunkin Donuts where the doors are open, you can come in and order whatever you want. Four doors down is a Starbucks that blocked off their entrance and have an employee take orders from people standing outside.
    Same by my house. One Dunkin has doors open to come in, another one 2 miles down the road only allows drive-thru.

how come there are no uniform regulations for stores? on my block in BK where I work we have a Dunkin Donuts where the doors are open, you can come in and order whatever you want. Four doors down is a Starbucks that blocked off their entrance and have an employee take orders from people standing outside.
    Same by my house. One Dunkin has doors open to come in, another one 2 miles down the road only allows drive-thru.
    Some businesses being smarter than others? If more were like your example of Starbucks there would be a lesser need for Governors to weigh in. My feeling is if more were aggressively cautious much earlier on we would be much further down the road with opening things up by now.

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Some businesses being smarter than others? If more were like your example of Starbucks there would be a lesser need for Governors to weigh in. My feeling is if more were aggressively cautious much earlier on we would be much further down the road with opening things up by now.
    im just kind of surprised that there's no uniform order. The DD by my office had two employees working and did not have a properly worn masks. their masks were covering their chin and throat. I made a comment that they are handling food, etc and walked out.

im just kind of surprised that there's no uniform order. The DD by my office had two employees working and did not have a properly worn masks. their masks were covering their chin and throat. I made a comment that they are handling food, etc and walked out.
    Can't fix stupid I guess.

As for churches imo they should be open if they can follow some common sense guidelines, like reasonable spacing (I'm not sure 6 ft is a realistic option in most churches), sanitizer, masks etc.

Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast