Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 1227

Thread: The Trump Administration's Handling of the Coronavirus

  1. #581
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    80,862
    Rep Power
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Maybe the Chinese? Theyíve lied every step of the way. They let millions of Chinese people linked to those effected leave the country! But hey, there numbers are looking great!
    And despite that, Trump still could have done more ... Sooner.... We'll just keep deflecting away from that.

  2. #582
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    30,830
    Rep Power
    413
    Sorry, didn’t mean to insinuate praise on anyone. It’s a whole combination of shitheads (am I allowed to say that?) govt officials at all levels. These are the types of messes I have to deal with all day - all 15 people didn’t do their job, now no one takes responsibility.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  3. #583
    rebuilding Junior Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    5,301
    Rep Power
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Maybe the Chinese? They’ve lied every step of the way. They let millions of Chinese people linked to those effected leave the country! But hey, there numbers are looking great!
    China does business around the world.
    https://www.aei.org/china-global-investment-tracker/

    Chinese tourists visit many countries
    https://chinesetouristnews.com/top-c...-on-the-globe/
    The top 10 destinations for Chinese tourists
    1. Hong Kong
    2. Macau
    3. Taiwan
    4. Thailand
    5. Japan
    6. Vietnam
    7. South Korea
    8. Singapore
    9. USA
    10. Italy

    https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...aps-and-cases/
    And you can watch the cases accumulate in each country over time.

    Seems like some credit should be due to South Korea and Japan. Their government policies and decisions made by individual citizens appear to have made a dramatic difference.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  4. #584
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    30,830
    Rep Power
    413
    Notice a difference between most of those countries be US, Italy and Spain?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  5. #585
    Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,781
    Rep Power
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Maybe the Chinese? Theyíve lied every step of the way. They let millions of Chinese people linked to those effected leave the country! But hey, there numbers are looking great!
    Their numbers are also full of shit. Zero chance they're accurate.

  6. #586
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    11,481
    Rep Power
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    This made me wonder how much different this is than an average death rate. In 2017, roughly 7,700 people die per day in the U.S..

    240,000 deaths would be the equivalent of:

    1) .0733% of the current population.
    2) Roughly 31 days worth of deaths at a normal rate, though that does not take into consideration how many of those deaths likely would have occurred "naturally" without COVID-19 helping it along at a faster pace.
    By this logic 9-11 was nothing at all then?


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  7. #587
    Senior Member Midget Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,410
    Rep Power
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    By this logic 9-11 was nothing at all then?


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Huh? I don't even know how you connected the dots on this one.

  8. #588
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    11,226
    Rep Power
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Of course, but this is the reality that we're in - that what we're working towards is hundreds of thousands of dead Americans.

    ***No more "open the country on Easter."

    This shit is going to be bad.
    That quote will go down in infamy if 200K die in the next few months. What a fool he looks like.



    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  9. #589
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    11,481
    Rep Power
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Huh? I don't even know how you connected the dots on this one.
    You attempted to minimize this event by comparing it to normal death rates.

    If thatís the premise than 9-11, Pearl Harbor etc donít matter In the big picture


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  10. #590
    Senior Member Midget Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,410
    Rep Power
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    You attempted to minimize this event by comparing it to normal death rates.

    If that’s the premise than 9-11, Pearl Harbor etc don’t matter In the big picture


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    No. You are reaching. If you think those numbers are minimizing the seriousness of what we face, I don't know what to tell you. You came to that conclusion on your own.

  11. #591
    rebuilding Junior Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    5,301
    Rep Power
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Notice a difference between most of those countries be US, Italy and Spain?
    So let's talk about some sociological differences between South Korea, Japan, and United States.

    In South Korea and Japan there is an emphasis on family and putting group needs before the individual.
    https://www.dimensionsofculture.com/...-and-families/

    In U.S. we often celebrate the individual, which helps our entrepreneurship, creativity, and maverick spirit.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...rship-rankings

    Culturally, if there is a tradition of putting the group before the individual, and sacrificing what's best for oneself for the greater good... IMO, good luck beating many Asian cultures.

    Now if you appeal to an American's national pride- we're no. 1, and we are better at doing something than anyone else in the world... If you tell an American that someone from Japan or Korea is better at social distancing than they are....

    Then get the f*ck out of the way, because that American will be hell-bent on proving you wrong. Because we're no. 1... at everything... evidence be damned.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  12. #592
    Banned Junior Division
    Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    7,139
    Rep Power
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is just an asinine comment. He was pushing for easter, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

    But keep pretending otherwise like Trump pretended this was the flu, and then today said it's not the flu LOL.
    Keep twisting. Trolling. Insulting. All those things you do pretty well

  13. #593
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    80,862
    Rep Power
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Keep twisting. Trolling. Insulting. All those things you do pretty well
    Please explain what's twisted insulting or trolling.

    This is rich, coming from a person who's made several personal comments towards myself and others in this thread (where it's supposed to be more strict), and the mods have let go... Then folks went and shit on the mods for being biased toward liberals...
    Last edited by Pete; 04-01-2020 at 12:36 AM.

  14. #594
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    11,481
    Rep Power
    161

    The Trump Administration's Handling of the Coronavirus

    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    No. You are reaching. If you think those numbers are minimizing the seriousness of what we face, I don't know what to tell you. You came to that conclusion on your own.
    My bad.

    After reading many of your comments the last two weeks in regards to this virus, I made the mistake you were one of those idiots who were attempting to minimize this issue by making general comparisons to the flu, normal death rates etc.

    Iíve been debating with these people online so much recently things have become blurry. Typically the uneducated who never kid attention in Biology and believe this was some conspiracy to rig one countries election.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Puck Head; 04-01-2020 at 12:54 AM.

  15. #595
    Senior Member Midget Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,410
    Rep Power
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    My bad.

    After reading many of your comments the last two weeks in regards to this virus, I made the mistake you were one of those idiots who were attempting to minimize this issue by making general comparisons to the flu, normal death rates etc.

    I’ve been debating with these people online so much recently things have become blurry. Typically the uneducated who never kid attention in Biology and believe this was some conspiracy to rig one countries election.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Yeah, me poking a little fun at some folks who view this as doomsday and slam Trump at every turn about it is not me tossing it aside as not a serious issue. This is where we probably disconnect some. From my view:

    1) It's plenty serious enough in that Trump should have taken this to heart sooner. His shift from "no big deal" to "always thought it was a pandemic" was absurd. I found his Romney comment extremely distasteful. Trump was wrong about this blowing over quickly.

    2) It is not as catastrophic as certain media outlets would lead people to believe. This isn't the black plague. There is an agenda here to use this from a political perspective. The Democrats held up the stimulus to push for unrelated legislature, and large sums of money for unrelated causes. In the next breath they try to pin lives on Trump and Trump alone. When Trump says there are those looking to benefit politically from this, he is spot on.

    As always, it's never as black and white as either side paints it. Reading through this thread, you'd think we might be facing extinction and it's solely Trump's fault.

  16. #596
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    80,862
    Rep Power
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Yeah, me poking a little fun at some folks who view this as doomsday and slam Trump at every turn about it is not me tossing it aside as not a serious issue. This is where we probably disconnect some. From my view:

    1) It's plenty serious enough in that Trump should have taken this to heart sooner. His shift from "no big deal" to "always thought it was a pandemic" was absurd. I found his Romney comment extremely distasteful. Trump was wrong about this blowing over quickly.

    2) It is not as catastrophic as certain media outlets would lead people to believe. This isn't the black plague. There is an agenda here to use this from a political perspective. The Democrats held up the stimulus to push for unrelated legislature, and large sums of money for unrelated causes. In the next breath they try to pin lives on Trump and Trump alone. When Trump says there are those looking to benefit politically from this, he is spot on.

    As always, it's never as black and white as either side paints it. Reading through this thread, you'd think we might be facing extinction and it's solely Trump's fault.
    I don't know, you painted pretty black and white yourself.

    I suppose it never croseed your mind that maybe media outlets are trying to communicate case scenario as a lever to keep people staying home to flatten the curve? It's all politically motivated? maybe the Republican outlets aren't doing that because they don't believe in the science, as they never do?

    I hear you talking about the Democrats putting legislature in the stimulus package that didn't matter, yet Republicans put language in there to continue to defund defund Planned Parenthood, what are your thoughts about that? What does that have to do with the stimulus? Do you think people are going to use their stimulus checks for abortions?

    I don't know, it just seems to me like there are a few people here who like to claim it's both sides but then only pin things on one side. If there's one thing you could say about The liberals, at least they're honest about where they stand.

  17. #597
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    11,226
    Rep Power
    108

    The Trump Administration's Handling of the Coronavirus

    'I want to be positive. I don't want to be negative. I'm a positive person,' the president said at the briefing, where his team presented dire model under a worst-case scenarios and the president predicted 100,000 people may die even if Americans heed urgings to stay home and avoid spreading the disease.

    'I'm a cheerleader for the country,' Trump said, pressed on why he did not share more bad news.

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html

    - - -

    Does this guy realize heís the President? or does he think heís a fan watching a sporting event? What a clown.



    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  18. #598
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    18,691
    Rep Power
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    Pretty lame, even for Mitch. If that doesn't fly, maybe they can just blame the Ukrainians. If they had just done what Trump asked, thousands of Americans wouldn't have to die.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Man, if David Quinn sat in front of the podium and went "Well the play of Kaapo Kakko is Alain Vigneault's fault", he'd be screamed out of town and called a moron.

    Yet, this "blame Obama" or "blame anything but Trump" play apparently works on half the country 100% of the time.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  19. #599
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    18,691
    Rep Power
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    This made me wonder how much different this is than an average death rate. In 2017, roughly 7,700 people die per day in the U.S..

    240,000 deaths would be the equivalent of:

    1) .0733% of the current population.
    2) Roughly 31 days worth of deaths at a normal rate, though that does not take into consideration how many of those deaths likely would have occurred "naturally" without COVID-19 helping it along at a faster pace.
    That's an interesting take, for sure.

    In the grand scope of damage control, I imagine that actually would be successful, seeing as we'd be looking at something like 10x that without containment measures.

    In the grand scope of pandemic management, it'd be a horrendous outcome.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  20. #600
    Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Seaside Park NJ
    Posts
    1,839
    Rep Power
    49
    Alrighty then.

    Rush Limbaugh on Tuesday suggested stay-at-home measures to protect people against the coronavirus pandemic were destroying the economy “under the guise” of saving lives. He also gave air to a conspiracy theory that Democrats and communists were plotting the downfall of capitalism.

    (See the video below.)

    “Are we just going to sit by and watch $22 trillion — that’s the value, that’s the sum total of the GDP, that’s the U.S. economy — are we just going to sit by here and watch it evaporate?” the right-wing radio host said on “The Rush Limbaugh Show.” “Because that’s what we’re doing, under the guise of not losing any unnecessary life — meaning we want to try to save as many lives as we can.”

    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/rush-...115103294.html

Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •