Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Administration's Handling of the Coronavirus

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I'm sorry, but comparing this number against seasonal influenza is a no-go, but comparing it against combat deaths proves what, exactly?
    I don't think it's wrong to compare against the flu.

Comparing to combat deaths is certainly quite a leap. Not sure what point that's meant to exhibit.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Mostly, scale of absurdity. Regardless - fair question.

You can compare to seasonal influenza. Coronavirus kills around 20x more frequently than the seasonal flu. The comparison we were seeing was something like "well, coronavirus has only killed 200 people and the flu kills way more", that's disingenuous; you're comparing a fully borne out number against a current state assessment that isn't fully borne out.

For Trump to go out and say in the span of three weeks "this isn't a big deal" and "I'd consider containment successful if we lose somewhere between 100k and 200k American lives"? I can compare that to other places where American lives are lost or have been lost pretty easily. Doubly so when Trump has actually called himself a wartime president because of this pandemic.

Trump's success criterion here is apparently "we did well if Coronavirus kills about as many Americans than the entire Cold War and War on Terror combined"
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Most decisions Trump makes are bad.

I don't think we suffer when Trump's officials leave. Very few are qualified anyway. There's a list. We all know it. I won't post it.

If they were doing their job well the media wouldn't attack them relentlessly.
    Some were heavily qualified.
    Gen Mattis
    Gen Kelly
    Rex Tillerson
    Gen McMaster
    John Bolton

These were some of the original ďadultsĒ that most hoped would be able to keep the child in check.

They are all gone now, and not because of the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Some were heavily qualified.
    Gen Mattis
    Gen Kelly
    Rex Tillerson
    Gen McMaster
    John Bolton

These were some of the original “adults” that most hoped would be able to keep the child in check.

They are all gone now, and not because of the media.

This narrative about the media is really interesting to me, because the media's job is to report the facts about what's going on in the government, and aside from the rise of the alt-right media, it hasn't really changed much in the last 20 years. Maybe the opinion writers did, but that's why we draw a line between the news section and the opinion section, and why we call those people pundits, and not journalists.

What, were Bush's appointees just thicker skinned? Obama's?

Each and every one of those folks had the same story: they'd help guide Trump, they're basically managing a manchild, they went against him once based on country over party, he boxed them out, he fired them, they told all.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    This narrative about the media is really interesting to me, because the media's job is to report the facts about what's going on in the government, and aside from the rise of the alt-right media, it hasn't really changed much in the last 20 years. Maybe the opinion writers did, but that's why we draw a line between the news section and the opinion section, and why we call those people pundits, and not journalists.

What, were Bush's appointees just thicker skinned? Obama's?

Each and every one of those folks had the same story: they'd help guide Trump, they're basically managing a manchild, they went against him once based on country over party, he boxed them out, he fired them, they told all.
    Exactly.
    A few of these individuals i respected. And felt a little more at ease they were in his inner circle. But each were much more accomplished than he was, and i simply donít believe he could stand that

Senior Member Midget Division
    Gen Mattis was the one that was most jarring. I work with a ton of veterans. Some of my best friends were infantrymen 11bravos or combat experienced marines. They viewed General Mattis like a god. When trump and mad dog has their falling out and trump said that Mattis was ďthe worlds most overrated GeneralĒ was when I saw die hard trump guys start to turn. I was 50/50 on him at that point. But the way he threw mad dog in the shredder verbally after that was telling of the type of man and leader DJT is.

Itís abundantly clear to me now. When you have no military training but think you know more about military strategy and leading men into and out of combat than mad dog and have no medical background and think you know more than Fauci, itís telling of what a complex you must have and the fact that you have to speak down of others who ARE the top of those fields to appeal to your base or try to justify your decisions is telling of what a horrible leader you are.

Itís interesting that Mattis took the high road. Wonít speak badly of trump until heís out of office, as to not insult the commander-in-Chief of the men still serving under him. They donít make Ďem like that anymore.

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    It’s abundantly clear to me now. When you have no military training but think you know more about military strategy and leading men into and out of combat than mad dog and have no medical background and think you know more than Fauci, it’s telling of what a complex you must have and the fact that you have to speak down of others who ARE the top of those fields to appeal to your base or try to justify your decisions is telling of what a horrible leader you are.
    When you proclaim you're a stable genius who has the best words, ah here's a list of direct quotes.

President Trump this week revealed yet another subject matter in which he claims to have expertise: drones and drone technology.

"I know more about drones than anybody. I know about every form of safety that you can have."
    The big picture: President Trump says he's an expert on a lot of things, including ISIS, taxes, technology, nuclear arms and even Sen. Cory Booker.

Campaign finance: "I think nobody knows more about campaign finance than I do, because I'm the biggest contributor." (1999.)

TV ratings: "I know more about people who get ratings than anyone." (October 2012.)

ISIS: "I know more about ISIS than the generals do." (November 2015.)

Social media: "I understand social media. I understand the power of Twitter. I understand the power of Facebook maybe better than almost anybody, based on my results, right?" (November 2015.)

Courts: "I know more about courts than any human being on Earth." (November 2015.)

Lawsuits: "[W]ho knows more about lawsuits than I do? I'm the king." (January 2016.)

Politicians: "I understand politicians better than anybody."

The visa system: "[N]obody knows the system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. ... Nobody else on this dais knows how to change it like I do, believe me." (March 2016.)

Trade: "Nobody knows more about trade than me." (March 2016.)

The U.S. government system: "[N]obody knows the system better than I do." (April 2016.)

Renewable energy: "I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth." (April 2016.)

Taxes: "I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world." (May 2016.)

Debt: "I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me." (June 2016.)

Money: "I understand money better than anybody." (June 2016.)

Infrastructure: "[L]ook, as a builder, nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump." (July 2016.)

Sen. Cory Booker: "I know more about Cory than he knows about himself." (July 2016.)

Borders: Trump said in 2016 that Sheriff Joe Arpaio said he was endorsing him for president because "you know more about this stuff than anybody."

Democrats: "I think I know more about the other side than almost anybody." (November 2016.)

Construction: "[N]obody knows more about construction than I do." (May 2018.)

The economy: "I think I know about it better than [the Federal Reserve]." (October 2018.)

Technology: "Technology — nobody knows more about technology than me." (December 2018.)

Drones: "I know more about drones than anybody. I know about every form of safety that you can have." (January 2019.)

Drone technology: "Having a drone fly overhead — and I think nobody knows much more about technology, this type of technology certainly, than I do." (January 2019.)
    https://www.countable.us/articles/18...-knows-anybody

Let's not forget windmill noise cancer, hell he's the only one that knows about that. Kudos.
    Last edited by jsrangers; 03-30-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Let's at least try to keep it on the Trump administration/U.S. government response to coronvirus. Thanks.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Crickets lol.

The United States' goal is officially 100k-240k dead.

Last edited by Morphinity; 03-31-2020 at 07:20 PM.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post

No, the goal of MITIGATION is to reduce deaths from 2 million to 200,000.

Even I'm not overreacting to this one and that says a lot.

No, the goal of MITIGATION is to reduce deaths from 2 million to 200,000.

Even I'm not overreacting to this one and that says a lot.
    Of course, but this is the reality that we're in - that what we're working towards is hundreds of thousands of dead Americans.

No more rosy outlooks.

No more "open the country on Easter."

This shit is going to be bad.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Of course, but this is the reality that we're in - that what we're working towards is hundreds of thousands of dead Americans.

No more rosy outlooks.

No more "open the country on Easter."

This shit is going to be bad.
    Oh 1,000%.

But this is better than Trump wanting to open cities by Easter.

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    Apparently now it's the impeachment's fault.

Senior Member Midget Division

This made me wonder how much different this is than an average death rate. In 2017, roughly 7,700 people die per day in the U.S..

240,000 deaths would be the equivalent of:

1) .0733% of the current population.
    2) Roughly 31 days worth of deaths at a normal rate, though that does not take into consideration how many of those deaths likely would have occurred "naturally" without COVID-19 helping it along at a faster pace.

Banned Junior Division
    Oh 1,000%.

But this is better than Trump wanting to open cities by Easter.
    He didnt want to, he would’ve liked to. But im sure you dont see the difference

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    not as much as it was everyone saying "go out! Come to Chinatown" to spite Trump.

Lets just skip that chapter.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    He didnt want to, he would’ve liked to. But im sure you dont see the difference
    This is just an asinine comment. He was pushing for easter, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

But keep pretending otherwise like Trump pretended this was the flu, and then today said it's not the flu LOL.

Moderator Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Pretty lame, even for Mitch. If that doesn't fly, maybe they can just blame the Ukrainians. If they had just done what Trump asked, thousands of Americans wouldn't have to die.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    Pretty lame, even for Mitch. If that doesn't fly, maybe they can just blame the Ukrainians. If they had just done what Trump asked, thousands of Americans wouldn't have to die.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Maybe the Chinese? They’ve lied every step of the way. They let millions of Chinese people linked to those effected leave the country! But hey, their* numbers are looking great!
    Last edited by josh; 03-31-2020 at 10:20 PM.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast