Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Administration's Handling of the Coronavirus

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You know who makes 100x what I make to work less hours and don't actually do anything to move the business forward?

The C Suites.

(I also don't care that I'm not getting a check, I'm just making a point about whose job is in jeopardy versus not.)
    Maybe become one then? Seems like a slam dunk to do that if you want the money and this so called job immunity.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    And to think that 60% approve of Ďhow he is handling the crisis.í (Attrib: WSJ, news, etc.) WTF?

Was this poll the same sampling of 542 people by phone? Just being repeated throughout the news cycle? Iíd be shocked to learn that is a fair sampling of Americans.
    This is what the leading healthcare authority thinks about how he's handled it.

The problem for the Democrats is that Trump's opponent is a guy who at times doesn't seem to know where he is, what office he's running for, or what day it is.

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrico Pallazzo View Post
    The problem for the Democrats is that Trump's opponent is a guy who at times doesn't seem to know where he is, what office he's running for, or what day it is.
    Who leads Trump in every battleground state Clinton lost — namely Wisconsin and Pennsylvania — and carries a positive favorable rating relative to the woman Trump beat by just 70,000 votes across those same battleground states four years ago who carried a negative favorable record into the election with a -12.6 spread.

Some "problem."
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    And therein lies the issue. We're now a 1 income household and we'd qualify for stimulus...but they're going by 2018 returns.

So while I'm OK...Many others are not.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Maybe become one then? Seems like a slam dunk to do that if you want the money and this so called job immunity.
    The answer to everything in America. "Just become a millionaire".

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrico Pallazzo View Post
    Honestly, the bar is set so low and the polarization is so strong that I believe a fair coin that's flipped for every presidential decision over the next four years would not only win this election, but would do better than Trump.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    And therein lies the issue. We're now a 1 income household and we'd qualify for stimulus...but they're going by 2018 returns.

Well they can't go by 2019 returns!

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect

The impending disaster here has little to do with people like us qualifying for stimulus, much as it sucks that many of us won't.

It's the status, obligation, and cost of a pandemic in which the individual is getting no support, no subsidy, and no guarantor on their employer sponsored health insurance all the while being laid off in droves.

We're going to have literal throngs of people who have lost/will lose their jobs, get sick, get medical attention, recover, and go home to 40K in medical debt (because employer sponsored health insurance doesn't matter if you haven't got an employer!), and no job to return to.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Qualifying income levels will be based on 2019 federal tax returns, if already filed, and otherwise on 2018 returns. (Mnuchin earlier this month delayed the filing deadline until July 15.)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/polit...rus/index.html

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Morph, do you live in the tristate area? My wife and I combined for $200k last year and we are the definition of mediocrity. Average house with no added amenities in a middle class neighborhood. Weíre not poor, but weíre not rich.

If you live in NY, a studio apartment can cost you $1800 a month rent. Guys like us that have families life in the burbs and pay a mortgage and 5 digit taxes are literally just a step above living in neighborhood that has crack houses and shootings every week. Iím lucky because my wife is able to work remotely, but if she lost her job from this, weíd struggle to pay our mortgage after I burned up our nest egg. When the basic cost of living is 4-5k a month for housing, utilities, food and those blue state taxes we all get killed with, itís not easy to sock away rainy day money to last more than a few months, if youíre lucky.
    dude I specifically chose where to buy property to ensure if affordable.
    You've also bragged about your living for years... Prior to growing up not too long ago.

If you have a problem with how much you pay for rent - FUCKING MOVE. and this is something I've repeated for years

Now, I am very sorry to hear these issues you may be facing, but, its not like we didn't see something like this coming. But to blame others because you make and spend more, and now you can't... no
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Living in NYC area is NOT an excuse

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Living in NYC area is NOT an excuse
    Josh, the NyQuil is kicking in... go to sleep before you get yourself in trouble.

I have to call people making nothing and tell them they’re laid off. People with no skills, no options.

We are a very blessed group.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I have to call people making nothing and tell them theyíre laid off. People with no skills, no options.

We are a very blessed group.
    Didn't you say a few weeks ago that these are the people that would be well taken care of?

My job literally has rules and regulations dictating where I can live, lol.

You've also bragged about your living for years... Prior to growing up not too long ago.

If you have a problem with how much you pay for rent - FUCKING MOVE. and this is something I've repeated for years

Now, I am very sorry to hear these issues you may be facing, but, its not like we didn't see something like this coming. But to blame others because you make and spend more, and now you can't... no

Bragged about my living? I’m pretty sure I’ve said being in my profession sucks for ever. I did it for the pension and I’m stuck now for the health insurance as I have a special needs child. Don’t think I ever bragged about it, lol.

But be that as it may, my wife and I have at least 8 months worth the bills saved in preparation for her losing her job if my sons health gets worse. I can’t borrow against my pension and I lost about a third of my 457 in the last 2 weeks, but I’ll manage. Most people in nyc aren’t in the same boat as I am. Because the cost of living is insane, city and state taxes gouge us and people (and government) view me making 200k as a family the same as a family in Texas who has a house twice as large for a third of the price that pays a quarter of the real estate taxes and no state tax. That families 200k income and my families 200k Income are no where near equal.
    Last edited by Niko; 03-25-2020 at 11:57 PM.

Senior Member Bantam Division

We really were supposed to see a pandemic coming? Not sure what else would fall in the something like this category. I think some people may have anticipated a market correction but not something that would threaten their health and well being. And something like a market correction only would impact those who are invested not everyone across the board like this current crisis.

Niko thank you and the others here that are serving the rest of us. It seems like the requirement to live in the area where you work is outdated. Several family members here in NJ serve and that requirement went away or never existed depending on the town. I would hope it goes away across the board for all.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Bragged about my living? Iím pretty sure Iíve said being in my profession sucks for ever. I did it for the pension and Iím stuck now for the health insurance as I have a special needs child. Donít think I ever bragged about it, lol.

But be that as it may, my wife and I have at least 8 months worth the bills saved in preparation for her losing her job if my sons health gets worse. I canít borrow against my pension and I lost about a third of my 457 in the last 2 weeks, but Iíll manage. Most people in nyc arenít in the same boat as I am. Because the cost of living is insane, city and state taxes gouge us and people (and government) view me making 200k as a family the same as a family in Texas who has a house twice as large for a third of the price that pays a quarter of the real estate taxes and no state tax. That families 200k income and my families 200k Income are no where near equal.
    People view income and wealth as the same thing.

They're not.

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast