Page 25 of 62 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Administration's Handling of the Coronavirus

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    the protected political views on here.
    You're right. If you can make a rational point and not call people names then you won't have a problem here.

I look forward to seeing your sarcastic reports in response to this.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Bat-eating idiots in China unleashed a pandemic on the world where thousands are dying. Yet you blatantly blaming America and Americans.
    Viruses are spread by hosts (in this case, people). They need hosts to survive, replicate, and spread. When there are no hosts, or the hosts are hostile, the viruses die.

You don't blame patient zero. Patient zero is an unwitting puppet - how many bats get eaten in a single day? How many times did a person eat a bat and not become the unwitting host to a viral mutation such that it would survive in a completely different organism? What, if someone in West Virginia ate a possum for the billionth time and suddenly became a vector, it's that person's fault and only that person?

You study the virus, and decide how to best act based on what you learn. So, when you have three months of lead time to understand that there is a threatening virus spreading in Wuhan, and you spend that time doing literally anything but the things required to protect your people? You deserve the blame. All of it.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    This thread should be renamed into “Trump bashing thread”. No dialogue here.
    When you do nothing but make things worse, seemingly by the day, there’s no reason to fake praise for things you didn’t fuck up as badly for the sake of “fairness.” He deserves every punch he’s getting. If you feel otherwise, YOU should be the one talking about whatever it is you think he’s done well. Not getting upset at everyone else for not seeing what you see.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrico Pallazzo View Post
    A good discussion based on facts. Not hoping Trump gets Coronavirus or calling him a whiny bitch.
    I post plenty of links to Trump being an idiot before I call him an idiot. Why are you separating hatred and facts? Most people here hate him based on facts they learn about him.

I mean most of the stuff is video of him saying dumb shit himself.

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    Sure. I mean calling reporters, political foes, foreign allies etc. names is perfectly OK. Yet whiny bitch is over the line. The guy proves he's incapable of acting like anything but one day in and day out. He set the bar even prior to taking office. Beyond ironic any supporter would take offense with name calling, isn't it?

G1000 whatever you do leave the science and facts out of the discussion.
    Last edited by jsrangers; 03-28-2020 at 01:54 PM.
    A wise man once said: Vote Nonpathological 2020.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Reporters are scum, seems appropriate.

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    When you do nothing but make things worse, seemingly by the day, there’s no reason to fake praise for things you didn’t fuck up as badly for the sake of “fairness.” He deserves every punch he’s getting. If you feel otherwise, YOU should be the one talking about whatever it is you think he’s done well. Not getting upset at everyone else for not seeing what you see.

Oh im not upset at all. In the contrary. i was merely making an observation.

Btw, this isn’t uniquely with Trump. The Bush bashing was at the same level when he was Prez. From 9/11, to war in Afghanistan, to war in Iraq, to Katrina, to him taking a dump.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrico Pallazzo View Post
    A good discussion based on facts. Not hoping Trump gets Coronavirus or calling him a whiny bitch.
    I don't hope Trump gets coronavirus, and I don't think he's a whiny bitch.

I think he's a petulant, self serving asshole who is completely and entirely incapable of the level of executive decisionmaking required to manage a crisis of this proportion, as evidenced by his actions throughout the coronavirus crisis.

I believe him to be a narcissistic sociopath devoid of any shred of real empathy for an average person, which he has shown multiple times. Did we forget that he left American citizens on Puerto Rico, ravaged by Hurricane Maria, completely without power or support for months?

I believe him to be a jingoistic faux patriot using his pulpit to drum up divisiveness and the worst latent sentiments of America, so long as it's to his personal financial benefit.

I believe he has used the office of the presidency specifically to enrich himself and his friends, with little concern for actual governance. I might go as far as to say that his sole goal as President is to make government as dysfunctional and unstable as possible.

I believe he has singlehandedly (ok, fine, with the help of Russia) taken America from "Leader of the Free World" to "Laughingstock of the Free World" in no small part due to those last two points and his isolationist, "jerk me off or fuck off" policy with both other nation-states and the states that comprise the USA.

He's wildly unqualified to be President. He's wildly unqualified to be a business leader. He's an embarrassment to the office at a level that even knowing what he was, I could not even begin to think it would get as bad as it has.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    Well thought out and accurate imo.

rebuilding Junior Division
    Bat-eating idiots in China unleashed a pandemic on the world where thousands are dying. Yet you blatantly blaming America and Americans.
    Outbreaks occur around the world. Center for Disease Control (Atlanta-based), World Health Organization, other international/transnational agencies can help if invited... sometimes a country prefers to handle health situations themselves, which is their right as sovereign nations.

With increased globalization and travel, there's greater risk for disease spread from country to country. When people are asymptomatic quarantines can help - but you have to know enough about a disease to know how long a quarantine is necessary - and who to quarantine, as well as be able to test high-risk individuals.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...e-say-n1143656
    Feb. 26, 2020, 4:00 PM CST
    'President Donald Trump's decision to downsize the White House national security staff — and eliminate jobs addressing global pandemics — is likely to hamper the U.S. government's response to the coronavirus, according to veterans of past disease outbreaks and experts who have studied them....
    Said a former senior U.S. official, "For the first time since 9/11, you don't have someone directly and immediately reporting to the president responsible 24/7 for the major transnational threats we face — terror, cyber, pandemics."...
    Trump has said the media is hyping the severity of the coronavirus. In 2014, during the Ebola outbreak, he took a much different view, criticizing Obama.
    "The U.S. must immediately stop all flights from EBOLA infected countries or the plague will start and spread inside our 'borders,'" he tweeted in August 2014. "Act fast!"
    In November of that year, he called Obama "psycho" for not immediately closing the U.S. to flights from abroad.'
    -------------------
    Yes, I blame Americans for the situation in this country. We are a sovereign nation, with leaders who make decisions to protect our national security and safety of Americans. As individuals, we make choices about whether we practice social distancing or throw 'coronavirus parties'.
    -------------------
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/peop...150032639.html
    'In Kentucky, at least 160 people have tested positive for COVD-19 — including one person who attended a “coronavirus party.” Yes, shockingly, someone who attended a party mocking the virus causing the current pandemic has contracted said virus.'
    -------------------
    If infected American tourists visit New Zealand and are the first to transmit the virus to New Zealanders, should New Zealand blame the U.S? Or is New Zealand responsible for it's own security and citizen safety as a sovereign nation?
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I don't think so, not with the changes in habit everybody has. I don't see how keeping Johhny K Sports open is going to perpetuate any spread if one exercises basic common sense.

However, Wal Mart remains open, as an "Essential Service".
    Because people don't exercise basic common sense. People are fucking stupid. That's why there's a law that says "you can't murder someone else." YA THINK?! Yet people still do it. You can't just assume people will do the right thing, because they've proven time and time again, they won't. They'll do what's best for THEM and fuck everyone else.

I went to Home Depot not long ago I couldn't believe the ignorance of some people. Even here, in LA, where shit is bad. A woman in a nurse outfit was coughing all over the place. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

Laws are made for the ignorant/stupid people who don't give a shit. Unfortunately people can't be trusted to change their habits.
    Last edited by ThirtyONE; 03-28-2020 at 02:11 PM.
    GORTON 2020

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Funny how everybody who can work from home is just peachy with shutting everything down, as usual there's very little perspective in what other people go through to make ends meet, and what can happen when they do not.

Seems like you have a massive problem in the NYC area, that's unfortunate, but much of the country doesn't really have a problem at all, I'm unsure as to why they should adhere to ruinous economic barriers if the issue in their State isn't really an issue at all. Severe economic ruin, anxiety, depression, etc will surely lead to great personal harm in and of itself, in some, or many, areas that may outweigh any risk the virus ultimately posses.

My town has been a ghost town for two weeks, we're in virtual lockdown, businesses have been forced to shutter indefinitely, the Hospital facade resembles some kind of scene out of a zombie movie, yet they've received... Zero cases. I can only contemplate how many poor shouls in my poor ass rural town, who've now had their lives, if not ruined, set back years, are now contemplating self harm to some degree.

Is it worth it? In NYC, or other hard hit areas, perhaps it is, but as per usual there is no "one size fits all" solution.

At the other end of this, I expect nothing but a massive corporation consolidation of our lives, a gross permanent loss of basic liberties are certainly possible, etc, etc.
    Alaska was in the same boat as your town. We are remote, the most land/per population in the world, and we had no cases a week ago.

Now it’s spreading across the state last 72 hours. Our town, (North Pole), has 2k residents and 7 confirmed cases in the last 48 hours.

We simply didn’t take it serious enough, “it’s a big city problem”

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Alaska was in the same boat as your town. We are remote, the most land/per population in the world, and we had no cases a week ago.

Now it’s spreading across the state last 72 hours. Our town, (North Pole), has 2k residents and 7 confirmed cases in the last 48 hours.

We simply didn’t take it serious enough, “it’s a big city problem”

Honestly, these sorts of pandemics are way scarier for places like that than cities.

Cities are hubs. They're used to having quantity in and quantity out. Rural places are often less served by commerce, less served by healthcare, less served by ICU beds, and less served with the things needed to combat serious illness. High frequency, or even worse, a healthcare worker lost to the illness? It's potentially catastrophic.
    Hidden Content

Senior Member Mite Division MuddyInTheMiddle's Avatar
    To everyone here that feels like Trump is being treated unfairly, is handling this crisis well overall, or that everyone who is bashing his leadership and management skills, just watches too much MSNBC; here is your chance.

Make an informed and articulate argument of what he has done well, instead of cray-cray talk like blaming people that eat bats as the cause for the US being in the dire predicament that it is currently in.

Genuinely please show me what I am missing here.

Moderator BSBH Prospect

The Trump Administration's Handling of the Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Honestly, these sorts of pandemics are way scarier for places like that than cities.

Cities are hubs. They're used to having quantity in and quantity out. Rural places are often less served by commerce, less served by healthcare, less served by ICU beds, and less served with the things needed to combat serious illness. High frequency, or even worse, a healthcare worker lost to the illness? It's potentially catastrophic.
    Approx 1/2 our cases in the area are healthcare workers. Granted, we are talking minute numbers and in no way am I comparing to what you guys are dealing with in the Tri State area.

Just giving an example of how it can affect rural areas

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Approx 1/2 our cases in the area are healthcare workers. Granted, we are talking minute numbers and in no way am I comparing to what you guys are dealing with in the Tri State area.

Just giving an example of how it can affect rural areas

Oof. Stay safe, man.

It's not really a downplay on the tri-state; it's that a rural area is just less likely to get the support needed to adequately reinforce. It's another reason why we need to flatten the curve; rural areas will need the reinforcements.
    Hidden Content

There's been 4 cases here in three weeks (across two counties).

I can't see how it's going to spread here, now. It could have overwhelmed everything here easily, that's true, but by the time we started to see spread in Ontario we were already essentially locked down.

I go to the office every morning, the measures in place, which even I'm following, defy my ability to see it spread to any major degree. And that's in London, ON.

Where I live, couple hours north, I've seen nothing but following the guidelines to a T. All the boomers are home and in isolation. It's three weeks in and not a single case at the Hospital, which isn't a huge Hospital, but isn't tiny either. If we're clean at this point, I can't see how it gets here.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    There's been 4 cases here in three weeks (across two counties).

I can't see how it's going to spread here, now. It could have overwhelmed everything here easily, that's true, but by the time we started to see spread in Ontario we were already essentially locked down.

I go to the office every morning, the measures in place, which even I'm following, defy my ability to see it spread to any major degree. And that's in London, ON.

Where I live, couple hours north, I've seen nothing but following the guidelines to a T. All the boomers are home and in isolation. It's three weeks in and not a single case at the Hospital, which isn't a huge Hospital, but isn't tiny either. If we're clean at this point, I can't see how it gets here.
    Dunny: "We're following the rules here...And we don't have any cases and I don't see how we could"

Also Dunny: "These rules are a sham and a ploy by the ruling class to put the little guy out of business...They need to be repealed immediately."

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Dunny: "We're following the rules here...And we don't have any cases and I don't see how we could"

Also Dunny: "These rules are a sham and a ploy by the ruling class to put the little guy out of business...They need to be repealed immediately."
    They need to be relaxed after our two week period is over, yes.

This isn't Ebola, I doubt it'll even kill at the rate the flu did a couple years ago once all cases are accounted for. The goal was to "flatten the curve" here, if that is accomplished then let's go back to work. Isolate the immuno compromised, the old, and the hypochondriacs can stay home.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    They need to be relaxed after our two week period is over, yes.

This isn't Ebola, I doubt it'll even kill at the rate the flu did a couple years ago once all cases are accounted for. The goal was to "flatten the curve" here, if that is accomplished then let's go back to work. Isolate the immuno compromised, the old, and the hypochondriacs can stay home.
    You realize that social distancing is not about you getting sick, it's about stopping you from becoming a vector, right?

Page 25 of 62 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast