Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Administration's Handling of the Coronavirus

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyInTheMiddle View Post
    That too; doesn't make G1000 wrong.
    Sure, and if someone came on here and said coronavirus has killed less people than the flu it would also be correct. And similarly lacking any and all context.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Sure, and if someone came on here and said coronavirus has killed less people than the flu it would also be correct. And similarly lacking any and all context.

I get that you disagree, but come on.

When we're screaming for ventilators to save lives, and our officials give Wall Street a bailout while doing nothing for us, the proof is in the pudding. Our government literally just voted for capitalism over American lives.

Again.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    [/b]

I get that you disagree, but come on.

When we're screaming for ventilators to save lives, and our officials give Wall Street a bailout while doing nothing for us, the proof is in the pudding. Our government literally just voted for capitalism over American lives.

Again.
    Didn’t the bill just provide 100billion for exactly that?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Didn’t the bill just provide 100billion for exactly that?

Unspecified. "100b for hospitals" is part of the bill. I'm not sure what that actually means, since the things hospitals need are apparently in short supply as things stand.

But again, any leader or government worth a damn wouldn't have let it get this far.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    There's gotta be a Curb Your Enthusiasm cut of Trump saying "It's a hoax!" somewhere on the internet, right?

Fucking dumbass is literally getting American's killed. More cases than fucking China when we had almost three god damn months to prepare for it. How anyone can vote for this piece of shit after this is beyond me.

Oh yeah great, let's open the country by April 12th. Great fucking idea.

I know two people who have it now. It's a disgrace this reality star is our president. The only thing I can hope for now is that he contracts it himself. Fuck off, Trump.

Oh, yeah and if you support these right wingers who are literally telling people to sacrifice themselves for the good of the economy, you're in a cult.

The state of things right now is fucking shocking.
    Last edited by ThirtyONE; 03-27-2020 at 05:00 PM.
    GORTON 2020

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    Was the bill 2T or 6T?
    A wise man once said: Vote Nonpathological 2020.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Was the bill 2T or 6T?
    Two

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    There's gotta be a Curb Your Enthusiasm cut of Trump saying "It's a hoax!" somewhere on the internet, right?

Fucking dumbass is literally getting American's killed. More cases than fucking China when we had almost three god damn months to prepare for it. How anyone can vote for this piece of shit after this is beyond me.

Oh yeah great, let's open the country by April 12th. Great fucking idea.

I know two people who have it now. It's a disgrace this reality star is our president. The only thing I can hope for now is that he contracts it himself. Fuck off, Trump.

Oh, yeah and if you support these right wingers who are literally telling people to sacrifice themselves for the good of the economy, you're in a cult.

The state of things right now is fucking shocking.
    Shame I can't rep twice

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Funny how everybody who can work from home is just peachy with shutting everything down, as usual there's very little perspective in what other people go through to make ends meet, and what can happen when they do not.

Seems like you have a massive problem in the NYC area, that's unfortunate, but much of the country doesn't really have a problem at all, I'm unsure as to why they should adhere to ruinous economic barriers if the issue in their State isn't really an issue at all. Severe economic ruin, anxiety, depression, etc will surely lead to great personal harm in and of itself, in some, or many, areas that may outweigh any risk the virus ultimately posses.

My town has been a ghost town for two weeks, we're in virtual lockdown, businesses have been forced to shutter indefinitely, the Hospital facade resembles some kind of scene out of a zombie movie, yet they've received... Zero cases. I can only contemplate how many poor shouls in my poor ass rural town, who've now had their lives, if not ruined, set back years, are now contemplating self harm to some degree.

Is it worth it? In NYC, or other hard hit areas, perhaps it is, but as per usual there is no "one size fits all" solution.

At the other end of this, I expect nothing but a massive corporation consolidation of our lives, a gross permanent loss of basic liberties are certainly possible, etc, etc.
    Last edited by Dunny; 03-27-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Funny how everybody who can work from home is just peachy with shutting everything down, as usual there's very little perspective in what other people go through to make ends meet, and what can happen when they do not.

Seems like you have a massive problem in the NYC area, that's unfortunate, but much of the country doesn't really have a problem at all, I'm unsure as to why they should adhere to ruinous economic barriers if the issue in their State isn't really an issue at all. Severe economic ruin, anxiety, depression, etc will surely lead to great personal harm in and of itself, in some, or many, areas that may outweigh any risk the virus ultimately posses.

My town has been a ghost town for two weeks, we're in virtual lockdown, businesses have been forced to shutter indefinitely, the Hospital facade resembles some kind of scene out of a zombie movie, yet they've received... Zero cases. I can only contemplate how many poor shouls in my poor ass rural town, who've now had their lives, if not ruined, set back years, are now contemplating self harm to some degree.

Is it worth it? In NYC, or other hard hit areas, perhaps it is, but as per usual there is no "one size fits all" solution.

At the other end of this, I expect nothing but a massive corporation consolidation of our lives, a gross permanent loss of basic liberties are certainly possible, etc, etc.
    That's. The. Fucking. Point.

Be grateful no one in your community might die unnecessarily because your leaders were too slow to the punch.

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    There’s gotta be at least something he’s done right thus far?
    Y'know I was thinking about this today and it's possible to think that his initial response of shutting down flights from China was a good move.

It's also possible to think that, but also think that sitting on his hands and downplaying it for a month and a half afterwards was a catastrophic failure, one that might define his presidency.

And then at the same time it's possible to think all of those things and feel the federal government response since March 13 has been average to good, despite Trump's continued blustering, general dickishness, and mind-numbing stupidity.

So it's not quite as black and white it's made out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    That's. The. Fucking. Point.

Be grateful no one in your community might die unnecessarily because your leaders were too slow to the punch.
    They were every bit as slow as your leaders, perhaps more so as we're pretty much a Chinese colony and wouldn't dare restricting travel from that country as Trump quickly did, only to be derided for doing so, and called rayciss. We were only much more furtunate in initial spread. All the world governments were slow. The WHO was scandalously lax.

But of course it's all Trumps fault.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect

YES! Because if your tiny town with it's tiny hospital start getting cases, they're 100% fucked. Small towns are at a much higher risk of catastrophe based on resources available to them.
    GORTON 2020

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Ty. Does he not say 6.2T here? Apologies for not being able to pull the video out of the post.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ge?jwsource=cl
    Last edited by jsrangers; 03-27-2020 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    YES! Because if your tiny town with it's tiny hospital start getting cases, they're 100% fucked. Small towns are at a much higher risk of catastrophe based on resources available to them.
    I don't think so, not with the changes in habit everybody has. I don't see how keeping Johhny K Sports open is going to perpetuate any spread if one exercises basic common sense.

However, Wal Mart remains open, as an "Essential Service".

It's actually sad. My wife and I just went through who is and who isn't open in town. Every open business is a corporate chain that has been deemed an "Essential Service". Every small business is shuttered. Every one. How convenient is that?

It's actually sad. My wife and I just went through who is and who isn't open in town. Every open business is a corporate chain that has been deemed an "Essential Service". Every small business is shuttered. Every one. How convenient is that?
    Completely not what we're seeing here in a shelter-in-place scenario. All the small businesses that provide care, food, etc - they're all open for business.
    Hidden Content

They were every bit as slow as your leaders, perhaps more so as we're pretty much a Chinese colony and wouldn't dare restricting travel from that country as Trump quickly did, only to be derided for doing so, and called rayciss. We were only much more furtunate in initial spread. All the world governments were slow. The WHO was scandalously lax.

But of course it's all Trumps fault.

When you get 3 months warning that you've got a potential global crisis on your hand, and you could make decisions to ensure that lives get saved, and you choose to do....nothing?

He could have had folks start research on a cure. He could have mobilized the pande..wait, he disbanded that. He could have implemented screening procedures. Quarantine for anyone coming back from Wuhan. Machines and masks for those helping in Wuhan. Literally ANYTHING else.

Instead, he, the leader of the wealthiest nation in the history of the world - a nation of 330 million people - sat on his hands, downplayed it, called it a hoax, tried to politicize it, ignore it, racially charge it, engage in quid-pro-quo for appropriate genuflection, and ultimately, used it to secure a half-trillion dollars for his buddies. Meanwhile, he's playing games with the supply chain just to get some kind of political vindication from Cuomo, Newsom, and Inslee.

He didn't invent the virus, but he is unquestionably responsible for the reaction, and unquestionably responsible for the fact that half this country still thinks it's Nancy Pelosi's impeachment revenge hoax. It's a criminal level of negligence bordering on complete misanthropy. Every other major country impacted by this has guaranteed some set of wages. Every other country has instilled quarantines and distancing. Every other country has ensured their healthcare system can be stretched to the max - or at least bought the time for it.

It's like being told a meteor is going to hit earth in three months, and only after the meteor fucking hits, going "well, I guess we should maybe hire Bruce Willis or something, maybe bail out Carnival, how's Halliburton doing?".

I'll say this - the actions of the last two weeks show, without question, how little Trump and his GOP sycophants actually care about America. If I were Biden, Sanders, or even Bill Weld, I'd be on Trump like his spray tan.
    Hidden Content

If we all die, there won’t be anyone left to ‘economy!’

Trump and GOP are hell-bent on avoiding the economic disaster, BUT you have to save the people first. Or there won’t be anyone to save it for. #cartbeforehorse

At one time in our recent history the saying was, “It’s the economy, stupid.”

Now it should be, “Hey stupid, fuck the economy and save lives.”

Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast