Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: The Trump Administration's Handling of the Coronavirus

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    You should’ve stopped and asked them if they were Trump supporters
    Nah. They were Gen Z and millennial.

World is doomed between Trump and them. Gen X is powerless to save them.

Banned Junior Division
    At their age i also thought I was invincible

Senior Member Midget Division
    Youthful exuberance and all that...but I think young people are smarter today. Their ‘connectedness’ means they see more information. The reality of this virus cannot be lost on them. Could it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Rode my bike about 10 miles yesterday to a local park and saw groups of people walking through. Appalling, really.
    I'm in Las Vegas, and people are packing into Home Depot and Lowe's. They're supposed to be open so people can get essential items and people are buying paint, carpeting, mulch, plants, etc.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect

The Trump Administration's Handling of the Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Enrico Pallazzo View Post
    I'm in Las Vegas, and people are packing into Home Depot and Lowe's. They're supposed to be open so people can get essential items and people are buying paint, carpeting, mulch, plants, etc.
    Yeah, I mean that’s going to happen if it’s open with the whole store accessible. Is it right? probably not. But I can say with free time on my hands I plan on painting several rooms in our house and doing tons of yardwork (we moved into a new home last year so plenty of that to do). So, I’ll visit and be buying non essential items in the weeks ahead. I just will make the trips quick there and not putz around.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Man I keep trying to find something to give Trump a break for, but this guy literally can't get out of his own way, doesn't know the meaning of the word accountability, and is just an overall terrible human.

U.S. "wasted" months before preparing for pandemic
    WASHINGTON (AP) — After the first alarms sounded in early January that an outbreak of a novel coronavirus in China might ignite a global pandemic, the Trump administration squandered nearly two months that could have been used to bolster the federal stockpile of critically needed medical supplies and equipment.

A review of federal purchasing contracts by The Associated Press shows federal agencies largely waited until mid-March to begin placing bulk orders of N95 respirator masks, mechanical ventilators and other equipment needed by front-line health care workers.

By that time, hospitals in several states were treating thousands of infected patients without adequate equipment and were pleading for shipments from the Strategic National Stockpile. That federal cache of supplies was created more than 20 years ago to help bridge gaps in the medical and pharmaceutical supply chains during a national emergency.
    When an AP reporter attempted to ask Trump about the issue on Sunday, the president cut off the question.

“FEMA, the military, what they’ve done is a miracle,” Trump said with a flash of anger. “What they’ve done is a miracle in getting all of this stuff. What they have done for states is incredible.”

Trump then ended the briefing and walked off the podium.
    https://apnews.com/090600c299a8cf07f5b44d92534856bc

Video of this disgrace at the 1:22 mark here.
    Last edited by Pete; 04-06-2020 at 08:37 AM.

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    The idea that the national — THE NATIONAL — stockpile is "theirs" and not The States' is all you need to know about the type of person and President this guy is.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    I don't even get the concept. Who is "our"? Who else can you give these items to other than the states that make up the, y'know, United States.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    I don't even get the concept. Who is "our"? Who else can you give these items to other than the states that make up the, y'know, United States.
    Whoever Trump deems fit.

Family, friends, the other wealthy elite....For when the uprising commences.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long standing question and I would love some thoughts here. Who are "They"?

As in "They say".

"They" have opinions on virtually everything and "They" always seem to be un-named and in favor of whatever unproven theory Trump throws against the wall.

TIA.

They are the imagined those who agree with whatever he is spouting as something those in agreement with him all believe they are right about.

Banned Junior Division
    Russia?

Navy Secretary Hair Plugs resigned, after calling ousted commander stupid.

Washington (CNN)Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly resigned on Tuesday, a day after leaked audio revealed he called the ousted commander of the USS Theodore Roosevelt "stupid" in an address to the ship's crew.

Defense Secretary Mark Esper said in a letter that he accepted Modly's resignation Tuesday morning, confirming CNN's earlier reporting that Modly had resigned.
    "He resigned of his own accord, putting the Navy and Sailors above self so that the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt and the Navy, as an institution, can move forward," Esper wrote. "His care for the Sailors was genuine. Secretary Modly served the nation for many years, both in and out of uniform. I have the deepest respect for anyone who serves our country, and who places the greater good above all else. Secretary Modly did that today, and i wish him all the best."
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/polit...ump/index.html
    Last edited by jsrangers; Yesterday at 05:09 PM.

Wonder why this one doesn't get more air time? Maybe because it gets lost in the mass of lies?

Last edited by jsrangers; Yesterday at 06:56 PM.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Oh look, the GOP wants to disenfranchise voters because that's the only way they can win elections.

Shocking. What next, tax cuts for the rich? Apathy for the downtrodden? Faux piety to woo the Evangelical?
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

SNL worthy.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132