Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1628

Thread: The Trump Administration's Handling of the Coronavirus

  1. #1601
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    82,650
    Rep Power
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Rudy's son and Don Jr. added to the list. Rudy was literally melting yesterday in real-time and that room was incredibly and way overcrowded. Rudy jr. the first in that crown to go down. More to follow I'm sure. Hope they recover fully.

    He just doesn't know what it is.

    like we needed any more evidence that he was completely inequipped to do this job.

  2. #1602
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Sharpshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,015
    Rep Power
    32
    How is everything down there regarding restaurants? Is everything closed to indoor dining with outdoor being the only option if applicable (and takeout of course)? Man, I worry that another round of lengthily shutdowns, which is likely, is going to just kill off the restaurant business. I hope for the best for every restaurant owner out there. I know a few of them (not in NYC).

  3. #1603
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    91,684
    Rep Power
    577
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  4. #1604
    Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Seaside Park NJ
    Posts
    2,546
    Rep Power
    69
    In response to the above does anybody really need any more evidence that these f*ckers from top to bottom don't give a shit about us as in the collective US? Vindictive burn it to the ground bullshit.

    Now for some comic relief.

    Last edited by jsrangers; 11-24-2020 at 09:30 PM.

  5. #1605
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    91,684
    Rep Power
    577
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  6. #1606
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,604
    Rep Power
    422
    They should, they're all old as fuck.

  7. #1607
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    91,684
    Rep Power
    577
    Clinton, especially, yeah, but I just mean the bipartisanship on display can be helpful since we already know a huge chunk of the country are going to refuse to take this vaccine.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  8. #1608
    Senior Member Midget Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4,683
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    we already know a huge chunk of the country are going to refuse to take this vaccine.
    There was a time when I'd be sad about this...now? Cull the herd! We have managed to side-step Darwin to this point in time but it is time to let those who are non-believers lessen the impact on nature and our planet. After all, it's all about that 'personal freedom' right? Man I'm not proud of this thinking but STFU already and either get with the program for EVERYONE'S sake or GTFO. There. I said it.

  9. #1609
    Senior Member Mite Division Bieser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    There was a time when I'd be sad about this...now? Cull the herd! We have managed to side-step Darwin to this point in time but it is time to let those who are non-believers lessen the impact on nature and our planet. After all, it's all about that 'personal freedom' right? Man I'm not proud of this thinking but STFU already and either get with the program for EVERYONE'S sake or GTFO. There. I said it.
    Don’t apologize Frank, you may be on to something. Once the vaccine is offered to everyone, we can all get back to normal life. Those of us that don’t want it, well we can die off and you can be protected.

    It might take a while though…98 percent of us will be fine.
    In 1994 I thought I could die in peace...now I'm hungry again.

  10. #1610
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    82,650
    Rep Power
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by Bieser View Post
    Donít apologize Frank, you may be on to something. Once the vaccine is offered to everyone, we can all get back to normal life. Those of us that donít want it, well we can die off and you can be protected.

    It might take a while thoughÖ98 percent of us will be fine.
    Sure. But you'll pass it on to your science denier at risk friends and family who are old, obese, asthmatic, etc... And they'll die.

    Might also want to look up the post COVID damage people are dealing with, still can't breathe, still can't smell or taste anything. Sounds fun!

    But the bright side is that people who get vaccinated won't clog up the healthcare system so you should be able to get a bed and treatment.

    You're welcome.
    Last edited by Pete; 12-04-2020 at 06:45 AM.

  11. #1611
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,020
    Rep Power
    359
    The thing the scares me most about all of this is that it shows how fragile the people of this country are. We no longer care as much about other Americans as we do about completely miniscule basic inconveniences, and we jump through hoops to find stupid justifications for not being responsible members of society.

    We're incapable of making decisions for the collective good for even a minor common sense sacrifice like "wear a mask" or something as simple as "listen to your doctor". That's hugely, hugely problematic for any country, let alone one as powerful, diverse, and divided as the USA is.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  12. #1612
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    82,650
    Rep Power
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    The thing the scares me most about all of this is that it shows how fragile the people of this country are. We no longer care as much about other Americans as we do about completely miniscule basic inconveniences, and we jump through hoops to find stupid justifications for not being responsible members of society.

    We're incapable of making decisions for the collective good for even a minor common sense sacrifice like "wear a mask" or something as simple as "listen to your doctor". That's hugely, hugely problematic for any country, let alone one as powerful, diverse, and divided as the USA is.
    It's as simple as some folks just not understanding the basic principle of "You don't wear a mask to KEEP YOU safe, you wear it to keep OTHERS safe."

    There's people out there who are saying "I'm not scared of COVID, I'm not wearing a mask" because they simply don't understand the role of masks in COVID prevention.

    These are also the people who think fucking through the hole in your boxers keeps you from getting STDs.

  13. #1613
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    11,533
    Rep Power
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Sure. But you'll pass it on to your science denier at risk friends and family who are old, obese, asthmatic, etc... And they'll die.

    Might also want to look up the post COVID damage people are dealing with, still can't breathe, still can't smell or taste anything. Sounds fun!

    But the bright side is that people who get vaccinated won't clog up the healthcare system so you should be able to get a bed and treatment.

    You're welcome.
    Yeah I don't get people. Here is a friend of mine who works in health care on Long Island breaking down his personal experience. He's in his early 30s with no pre-existing conditions...

    My first symptom was a sore throat. The next day I had chills and was sweating. That night I started sneezing a lot which isn't common. The 3rd day I had a low grade fever. By day 4 my fever was gone and I felt like I had a nasty cold; headache, congestion, wet cough (not dry) and started getting fatigued quickly. Day 5, I was finally able to get a covid swab (this was in March when it wasn't easy to get a test even as a healthcare worker) and I completely lost my sense of smell and taste. On day 6 I could barely get out of bed and became short of breath with any activity. Day 7 my test came back positive. The same symptoms continued and on day 9 I started feeling a squeezing in my chest and my o2 saturation was around "90%". I clearly had pneumonia. Day 10, I started getting very sharp pains in my chest where my heart is located. This symptom was constant for 3 more weeks and still hasn't completely gone away. I was fatigued for 40+ days. This virus is scary and I didn't even have a severe case. My sense of smell and taste came back after 6 weeks. I started feeling better after 3 weeks but wasn't close to 100% (besides the chest pain I still feel sometimes) for 2 months.
    Last edited by Parsley; 12-04-2020 at 12:02 PM.

  14. #1614
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    11,533
    Rep Power
    124
    I talked to my parents yesterday and my dad who has morphed into a full blown Trumper in the past 4 years (he didn't care much for "politics" before 2016) mentioned that he doesn't want to take the COVID vaccine shots (he does gets flu shots). I told him then don't expect to see your grandkids anytime soon. It's as if the guy has been brainwashed.

  15. #1615
    Senior Member Midget Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4,683
    Rep Power
    104
    What's our national hospital capacity? At some point soon, I think, we're not going to have space for anyone needing hospital care - and then what? The ambulance won't come to get you because there will be no where to take you. That's what I'm becoming concerned about. Additionally, our healthcare workers are fatigued and shell-shocked. We cannot expect them to be able to get to March/April/May without breaking down.

    Biden's "100-days of masks" should have started yesterday. With such a seemingly long way to go before the inauguration and change comes, where will be by then? This is beyond disaster now. This is like the asteroid hitting us.

  16. #1616
    Senior Member Mite Division Bieser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    17
    There’s a lot of dots being connected here. From not knowing how you get pregnant to not wanting to wear a mask…as well as that being politically driven. But I get it, those people are out there and I engaged in the sarcasm as well.
    I realize my experience is not going to be everyone’s but my whole house had Covid. Wife, 4 kids, my brother and father were visiting at the time and they got it..as well has his kids. We all had minor cold symptoms at best.

    My immunity (to some argued degree) coupled with the vaccine being so new has me hesitant.

    Truthfully, the availability or lack there of will probably take care of that for most of us. Elderly and heath care workers should be first.
    In 1994 I thought I could die in peace...now I'm hungry again.

  17. #1617
    Senior Member Midget Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4,683
    Rep Power
    104
    @Bieser - Iím glad to hear that you and your family members had an easy ride with COVID.

    Itís impossible to tell in advance how our experience will be.

  18. #1618
    THAT BOY GOOD BSBH Prospect
    Shane Falco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    12,590
    Rep Power
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    I talked to my parents yesterday and my dad who has morphed into a full blown Trumper in the past 4 years (he didn't care much for "politics" before 2016) mentioned that he doesn't want to take the COVID vaccine shots (he does gets flu shots). I told him then don't expect to see your grandkids anytime soon. It's as if the guy has been brainwashed.
    This is unfortunate for all parties involved. I'm sorry, Parsley.

    We all had COVID in my home. My parents were bedridden for about 3 weeks with extreme fatigue and other mild syptoms, but thankfully no serious breathing problems. It took them about another 3 weeks to fully recover. I was hit the worse and was pretty close to needing a machine to help me breathe if I had gotten any worse. Full recovery took me about a month. I've told several people I know about all of this (when they ask of course) and there are some who are still skeptical/in denial.

    At this point, I don't know what to say any more. We just continue to do our part and hope others do also. I hope your father changes his mind.

  19. #1619
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    11,533
    Rep Power
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    This is unfortunate for all parties involved. I'm sorry, Parsley.

    We all had COVID in my home. My parents were bedridden for about 3 weeks with extreme fatigue and other mild syptoms, but thankfully no serious breathing problems. It took them about another 3 weeks to fully recover. I was hit the worse and was pretty close to needing a machine to help me breathe if I had gotten any worse. Full recovery took me about a month. I've told several people I know about all of this (when they ask of course) and there are some who are still skeptical/in denial.

    At this point, I don't know what to say any more. We just continue to do our part and hope others do also. I hope your father changes his mind.
    Wow, glad you are feeling better.

    Iím hoping my dad is just being stubborn and spiteful in the wake of Trump losing the election. His constant Fox fix surely isnít helping.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  20. #1620
    Senior Member Midget Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4,683
    Rep Power
    104
    Anyone read Woodward's book, Rage? I just finished it and besides filling in the gaps nicely I was really impressed by the 15-20 page citation of sources. Man this guy is thorough. He's interviewed 9 presidents over 50 years. Impressive accomplishment.

Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •