• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Season Postponed/ Cancelled — 2020/21 Post Rebuild Era

jsm7302

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see them not mitigating this if the season is truly over. Maybe compensatory picks at the end of the round that they traded.

Cant really do that either. It makes the 1st round longer and everyone one else?s 2nd rounders etc will be less valueable. And it would be a huge win-win for every team aquiring assets at the deadline. They still have the players they got in the trades, if they dont re-sign them, then thats their problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I say we just get all the players in the NHL in one arena, get a sponsor like Jagermeister to pour shots and play the biggest game of quarters on record.

Last man standing wins the Cup for his team...Fuck it!

Oh yeah, I'm still bored to death!!!

One thing's for sure, if they do a remake for 48 Hours, I'm playing Nick Nolte's part! I've seen that fucking movie 10 times this week! :rofl:

GO TO THE BAR...OH, CLOSED!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Too bad MSG doesn?t have the season catalogued on demand. I missed a bunch of games this year because I put my kid to bed between 7pm/8pm every night. It would be nice to catch up on those games now.

Here you go:

In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, the NHL announced it will make full replays of all 2019-20 regular-season games available to stream on demand, starting Friday through April 30. The games will be accessible on NHL.com and the NHL app.

Our societies are pretty busy collapsing.

Right? Barring something unforeseen like an immediate treatment or cure, I can't imagine that they'd play again this calendar year ... That's not a main concern. Staying healthy is.

Sure they can, MLB adds compensatory picks at the end of the 1st round at the drop of a hat.

Maybe there's a whole supplemental round between the 2nd and 3rd, or 1st and 2nd rounds.

That's been collectively bargained. NFL Does it too, but its an understood and bargained process. Hard to throw that in without having an agreed upon process.

If the NHL were to add, it would have to limit it to pending UFA's..

all the more reason to believe 21/22 is the season. it's almost like we get a pass next year to clear the staal, hank, smith contracts off the books, not to mention the shatty hit. could be a good thing. it will force quinn to play the cost controlled kids more.

its going to be a 25mln dollar christmas present.

all the more reason to believe 21/22 is the season. it's almost like we get a pass next year to clear the staal, hank, smith contracts off the books, not to mention the shatty hit. could be a good thing. it will force quinn to play the cost controlled kids more.

its going to be a 25mln dollar christmas present.

I don't think it's as simple as that. If next season isn't played, the contracs don't simply vanish. The NHLPA will have something to say about that, as will teams like the ilers who won't let a year of McDavid and Draisaitl just slide.

well if we dont play next season i'd think there'd be much more catastrophic things hitting mankind than the hockey season.

i really like this thread along with the series of articles brooks has written. Assuming we do play and figuring there will be a revenue hit it could be blessing in disguise for us, in that it will force some fiscal discipline.

at the end of the day it is broadway, it is the rangers and despite the new regime they just cant help but throwing money around.