• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Season Postponed/ Cancelled — 2020/21 Post Rebuild Era

jsm7302

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of tail end rebuild for next year. Have to get rid of Hank if it avoids the three goalie mess. Good point on revenue loss and the cap. I am hopeful that warmer weather slows the virus and that the action taken to close borders early on contains the spread. Who knows what tomorrow brings, but we are doing remarkably well for a country of 325 million. A break will give CK20 a chance to get back.

no need to do anything different. we have a plethora of piks the next two draft whixh will only make us deeper. staal and hanks deals done after next year either way. two years out till we will be a for

dont get the ongoing smith hate. he's did a bang up job sliding to the blueline. he might even be a valuable trade tool next year.

I heard on the radio earlier (WBBM Chicago) that the NHL told players to go home and self-quarantine.

Found an article here - https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/16/sports/nhl-tells-players-go-home-self-quarantine/

"NHL tells players to go home and self-quarantine; training camps cannot open until at least late April"

No chance they play again this year in my opinion.

I think you're right, Keirik. At this rate they'd be playing as "Free agents" in July.

I wonder if they'd skip the last 13 games and just go to a modified playoff format?

If the season is straight up cancelled, that really sucks for teams that made trades at the deadline for rental players. They are going to have to figure something out there in my opinion, probably in the way of compensatory picks of some sort.

which tells me they going to figure out how to finish up the season and have playoffs

Too bad MSG doesn’t have the season catalogued on demand. I missed a bunch of games this year because I put my kid to bed between 7pm/8pm every night. It would be nice to catch up on those games now.

I say we just get all the players in the NHL in one arena, get a sponsor like Jagermeister to pour shots and play the biggest game of quarters on record.

Last man standing wins the Cup for his team...Fuck it!

Oh yeah, I'm still bored to death!!!

One thing's for sure, if they do a remake for 48 Hours, I'm playing Nick Nolte's part! I've seen that fucking movie 10 times this week! :rofl: