• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Mika Zibanejad Appreciation Thread

He's been better than we all could have imagined this year. Hit a completely new level.

If this is prime Zibanejad, we're in great shape.

As an aside, scaling out his numbers for this season across 82 games, you'd get 59 goals and 49 assists for 108 points. That's league MVP, Rocket Richard level numbers. To sit here with Panarin pacing almost 115 points, DeAngelo pacing 60, Fox pacing near 50 as a rookie, Strome at near a point/game pace, and to have Zibanejad in the fold scoring like this?

Haven't had this kind of production in my lifetime. What a time to be a fan.

He's been better than we all could have imagined this year. Hit a completely new level.

If this is prime Zibanejad, we're in great shape.

As an aside, scaling out his numbers for this season across 82 games, you'd get 59 goals and 49 assists for 108 points. That's league MVP, Rocket Richard level numbers. To sit here with Panarin pacing almost 115 points, DeAngelo pacing 60, Fox pacing near 50 as a rookie, Strome at near a point/game pace, and to have Zibanejad in the fold scoring like this?

Haven't had this kind of production in my lifetime. What a time to be a fan.

And yet still on the outside looking in. Pretty fucked up.

Yeah. I'm willing to chalk it up to the obvious growing pains associated with being the youngest team in the NHL. We struggled hard for half the season, but since the ASG, we're as good as anyone. Chemistry and adjusting to the league take time.

Edmonton has been outside looking in with McDavid and Draisaitl multiple times.

Two great players doesn’t make a team

But it seems they’re doing a better job of building one than Edmonton has.

On the Rangers' website awhile back there was an article about Zibanejad's and Panarin's production. It said that the team really hasn't had two players put up points like this since the 1996-97 season with Gretzky and Messier. It was interesting. As great as Jagr was back in 2005-2006, he didn't have another player put up a crazy amount of points. I mean, Nylander was very good with him, but not to this extent.