• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL "Pauses" Season Due to Coronavirus; "Hopes to Resume"

Phil

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The no fan thing doesn't bother me at all. This isn't football.

Most watch on TV where fan noise is pretty muted, so unless you're one of the 15k fans there it doesn't matter. It might matter to a bunch of the players, but does it matter more than making money and trying to live out their childhood dreams of winning a Cup?

The no fan thing doesn't bother me at all. This isn't football.

Most watch on TV where fan noise is pretty muted, so unless you're one of the 15k fans there it doesn't matter. It might matter to a bunch of the players, but does it matter more than making money and trying to live out their childhood dreams of winning a Cup?

I think the playoffs is a bit difference in that aspect. The crowds can be absolutely electric, obviously in big moments, and that absolutely comes across on TV. Imagine there being no pop in an overtime game 7 goal or something... Kinda sucks.

• Like 1

I think the playoffs is a bit difference in that aspect. The crowds can be absolutely electric, obviously in big moments, and that absolutely comes across on TV. Imagine there being no pop in an overtime game 7 goal or something... Kinda sucks.

Yeah...fair. This whole thing would just be weird for too many reasons.

Watching Bundesliga soccer right now and yes, at first not hearing fans is weird but eventually got used to it and wasn’t even paying attention.

The weirdest part was the sound of the player's voices echoing around an empty area. I can't imagine what that's going to be like with a hockey broadcast. We're going to hear all the obscenities being yelled by the players and coaches hah!

The weirdest part was the sound of the player's voices echoing around an empty area. I can't imagine what that's going to be like with a hockey broadcast. We're going to hear all the obscenities being yelled by the players and coaches hah!

Honestly, they should have an unrated broadcast through Showtime or something.

Thanks, Pete. Some understandable concerns though.

Although they were the best team in the league last year and then choked against the Jackets. That takes a little shine off the valid point.

As he said, there isn?t a way to satisfy everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quinn and Torts rants, please.

6 players on the ice at a time and no coaches? What? How does that prepare a team for a game?

This is getting weirder.

Fucking dumb.

If they really believe the threat is that serious that they need to impose these kinds of insane restrictions, then they shouldn't be doing this at all. IMO, it is just a half-ass measure to help avoid scrutiny.

BTW...here's a link for phase 2: https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/29219319/nhl-moving-voluntary-small-group-training-phase-2-return

The new protocols would allow for a maximum of six players to train at the team facilities at once. On-ice sessions are for players only, with no coaches or other team personnel allowed on the ice. Players must wear face coverings at all times, except when they are exercising or on the ice.