• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL "Pauses" Season Due to Coronavirus; "Hopes to Resume"

Phil

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Semantics. If they aren't working why would they get paid?

Completely free styling here, but wouldn’t the players be contractually obligated to receive payment, as the cancelation is out of their control and the decision of the league? The players aren’t refusing to play, they’re not being afforded an arena to play the games. (Literally and figuratively)

When a player sits out a game due to flu, pretty sure he gets paid.

Wouldn't be shocked to see something like players getting paid for half the remaining games.

We're on the same page here. I was saying it to a co-worker a little while ago. Expect the NHL and NHLPA to come to some agreed upon 1/2 pay for the hiatus.

NHL is such a pussy. Test your players, if no one is infected then keep playing. play in empty arenas if you must. Every sports fan will be watching NHL cause there will be nothing else to watch.

This is ignorant. Imagine if they were the only league not to close and their players got sick. NBA already has players that tested positive. They play in the same buildings.

US was way too slow in taking this seriously, IMO.

This is the reason the Government doesn't tell people that aliens are for real.

What an overreaction!

First participation trophies, and now this!

Fuck me! :rofl:

Not sure how any of this is correlated. Entire cities are shut down around the world. Preventative measures have to be taken. In fact, they probably waited too long.

Yeah, I like hockey, I also need my job, would appreciate my RRSPs coming back to life, and have aging parents and ancient grandparents.

It just had to be done.

Weirdly, Canada's infection rate looks more like Japan's. Maybe they can play a SCP between Canadian teams in six weeks or so. Be the only way a Canadian team wins.

• Like 1