• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#70) Rangers @ Colorado Avalanche // Goin' Down to Tegridy Farms

I'm getting less and less enthused with the idea of bringing Lemieux back.

I think he just has to be harnessed a little, Sharpy. He doesn't have a "bad game". He plays decently defensively and he has some offensive talent. Albeit he doesn't play with top 6 players. He's a guy I'd keep. I think he's an ingredient needed for playoff hockey down the pike a little.

He has to learn his limits as well.

All part of growing. He's young too, and he'll figure it out. But I'd hold on to Lemeiux.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he just has to be harnessed a little, Sharpy. He doesn't have a "bad game". He plays decently defensively and he has some offensive talent. Albeit he doesn't play with top 6 players. He's a guy I'd keep. I think he's an ingredient needed for playoff hockey down the pike a little.

All part of growing. He's young too, and he'll figure it out. But I'd hold on to Lemeiux.

I hope so, because if he does smarten up, he can be extremely useful. I just wonder sometimes. Last night was just really reckless and foolish, even for him.

I hope so, because if he does smarten up, he can be extremely useful. I just wonder sometimes. Last night was just really reckless and foolish, even for him.

Same thing goes for Strome; He had "one of those nights" as well, Sharpy. Dude couldn't hit net with a fire hose! It's the patience part that's the hardest to maintain, but if we give these kids a little more freedom to find where the line is, we'll be better off in the long run.

I'm kinda glad Lemeiux hasn't had a break out year. He keeps his price tag low, and we can re-sign him for a nominal amount that fits into our plans and under the cap. I feel he's gonna be an ingredient we need going forward, as I think he's a solid bottom 6 forward to have on the team.

He'll learn and we'll benefit from it....just down the road a little bit. ;)

I don't think we'll agree here Ozzy but what does he has to be harnessed a little followed up by Sharply? What's a good game when you say he doesn't have a bad game, is the bar he doesn't do anything overtly stupid on the ice.

His penalty mins are 111, he points and goals are weak. I don't see the defensive skills, he was on the ice in OT last night (a head shaker in itself considering the circumstances) and he did a fly by on Makar on the game winner.

Do I think cup teams need toughness, yes. Do I think it's a stretch to be a guy like 48, yeah I do.

I guess we'll see to me his biggest asset maybe his cap hit.

I don't think we'll agree here Ozzy but what does he has to be harnessed a little followed up by Sharply? What's a good game when you say he doesn't have a bad game, is the bar he doesn't do anything overtly stupid on the ice.

His penalty mins are 111, he points and goals are weak. I don't see the defensive skills, he was on the ice in OT last night (a head shaker in itself considering the circumstances) and he did a fly by on Makar on the game winner.

Do I think cup teams need toughness, yes. Do I think it's a stretch to be a guy like 48, yeah I do.

I guess we'll see to me his biggest asset maybe his cap hit.

That's cool JS, but I simply think his 2 way game isn't that bad. He's pretty good picking up players entering the zone, and his switches defensively look pretty good. It appears like he communicates with his defenseman, because I can overhear him sometimes on the MSG mic, and you can see him point at times.

My point is that he's a young player, but his game needs to be judged differently; He's not going to be a big scorer like Zibby or Panarin. Lemeuix's game is an intimidation/agitator type game, and I think he needs to be judged by that stick, instead of a scorer's type game. Anything he can give you on the scoreboard is a plus, but if he can play 15 minutes a night, and keep the biscuit outta the basket, stir up some shit, and keep the team's momentum flowing in a positive fashion, protect our superstars....yeah, that's the player I think we need going forward.

He'll learn just like the rest. Just gotta let him go through the learning curve, in my opinion.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...