• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Will K'Andre Miller Turn Pro?

Phil

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The effort to bring K’Andre Miller into the Rangers organization is “pretty far down the road,” an individual with knowledge of discussions between general manager Jeff Gorton and the Wisconsin sophomore defenseman’s camp told The Post.

“The ball is rolling for K’Andre to be a Ranger,” the person said.

More specifically, the ball is rolling for Miller, the 22nd-overall selection in the 2018 entry draft, to become a member of the AHL Wolf Pack either on a PTO with the first year of the 20-year-old’s entry level contract set for next season or on Year 1 of his ELC.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/10/rangers-nearing-agreement-with-first-round-pick-kandre-miller/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

Seems like a fair amount of hype and expectations around this kid. After Kakko maybe we should temper our expectations until he actually shows us something more than say a highlight goal against some stiffs in a Traverse city prospects game?

He should leave. The whole academic aspect is dumb as shit. He's going to be a professional hockey player, he should be learning how to become a professional hockey player.

Really dont understand this lol. When you know you have a ELC with 900k x3 at MINIMUM locked up. Fuck school then.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Seems like a fair amount of hype and expectations around this kid. After Kakko maybe we should temper our expectations until he actually shows us something more than say a highlight goal against some stiffs in a Traverse city prospects game?

one day you are going to regret this post

I really hope this is more of a thing being "bored" with college level of play and not signs of attitude and work ethic problems in the future. Hopefully Hartford will reinvigorate him and he can get his game together at the professional level.

banking on it at this point.

Can't have another development issue with NYR prospects this season - Andersson, Kravtsov, Kakko not where people expected, Chytil down at seasons start, Hajek and Rykov playing bad hockey in Hartford, Howden not progressing, Miller with a less than impressive season... uhhhhhhh

At least we know he's committed to hockey. I don't like the fact that he's supposed to be a top prospect as well as two of his teammates, but the team looks to have sucked balls. Not liking school isn't an excuse to play like you don't like hockey (sub par). Was expecting dominance going off the hype he has had here since being drafted.

Go slow with this one.

At least we know he's committed to hockey. I don't like the fact that he's supposed to be a top prospect as well as two of his teammates, but the team looks to have sucked balls. Not liking school isn't an excuse to play like you don't like hockey (sub par). Was expecting dominance going off the hype he has had here since being drafted.

Go slow with this one.

Was thinking the same,if You love hockey so much ,you can't have a subpar year because you hate school

Good for him he upped his goals for the year by 25% in 2 periods tonight. Bravo, good deal.

The answer to the question is hardly.

That being said, the way you've been going on about Kakko is unlikely to age well.

Which is good news for us.

That being said, the way you've been going on about Kakko is unlikely to age well.

Which is good news for us.

None of it is meant to age, at all. It's an observation of what he is today.

No one is predicting what he'll be tomorrow. The worst indictment of him seems to be that it'll be hard for him to get his skating to a level the league demands... Hard, nor impossible.

But of course in 3 years when Kakko makes noticeable strides, this board (not you, specifically) won't miss the opportunity to say "See, dumb ass, you hated Kakko and now he's awesome"... All because at the point in his career that he couldn't skate, people said " He can't skate."

None of it is meant to age, at all. It's an observation of what he is today.

No one is predicting what he'll be tomorrow. The worst indictment of him seems to be that it'll be hard for him to get his skating to a level the league demands... Hard, nor impossible.

But of course in 3 years when Kakko makes noticeable strides, this board (not you, specifically) won't miss the opportunity to say "See, dumb ass, you hated Kakko and now he's awesome"... All because at the point in his career that he couldn't skate, people said " He can't skate."

I was talking directly to that particular poster, who’s on him on all the time with the “Krappo Kakko” stuff and whatnot.

Criticism of his play and well founded concerns over his skating and other struggles is absolutely fine. I personally think the level of it is a bit hysterical, and I still feel the talent is there and will come through. But there’s no doubt he’s been disappointing and there are some valid concerns about aspects of his play.

I certainly don’t have any plans to run with retrospective I told you so’s.

I was talking directly to that particular poster, who?s on him on all the time with the ?Krappo Kakko? stuff and whatnot.

Criticism of his play and well founded concerns over his skating and other struggles is absolutely fine. I personally think the level of it is a bit hysterical, and I still feel the talent is there and will come through. But there?s no doubt he?s been disappointing and there are some valid concerns about aspects of his play.

I certainly don?t have any plans to run with retrospective I told you so?s.

I hear you. He certainly showed some saucy mitts last night. Hope it Sparks something.

And now back to K'Andre....

I couldn't help but feel good for the kid when he scored that first goal!

When he scored the second I damn near shit my pants!! :rofl:

Good for him!! That smile was priceless to see!!

Edit....whoops sorry for the derail there.....

K'Andre...right...ok back on track here, Oz!!! :doh:

I was talking directly to that particular poster, who’s on him on all the time with the “Krappo Kakko” stuff and whatnot.

Criticism of his play and well founded concerns over his skating and other struggles is absolutely fine. I personally think the level of it is a bit hysterical, and I still feel the talent is there and will come through. But there’s no doubt he’s been disappointing and there are some valid concerns about aspects of his play.

I certainly don’t have any plans to run with retrospective I told you so’s.

This and sarcasm, the only difference between my thoughts and yours is the added sarcasm. He's had basically an entire season to date (prior to last night) of being a bad hockey player by every stat imaginable. Some of those stats where he's a bottom what 15-25 forward in the entire league. Getting on the guy is easy based on performance but you know what's more of a stretch, saying I told you so after a game where he finally contributes.

NOBODY here wants the kid to fail. If he's anything but a stud down the road we all lose. Hopefully he can take last nights momentum into tonights game and beyond.

As for Miller what I said was let's see what he is first and have him earn his way up here and not assume he's going to step right in. It didn't for for a guy like Kakko so I wouldn't want to shine that light on Miller right out of the box. Like every other pick we've had and will have I hope he hits it out of the park in do time.

This and sarcasm, the only difference between my thoughts and yours is the added sarcasm. He's had basically an entire season to date (prior to last night) of being a bad hockey player by every stat imaginable. Some of those stats where he's a bottom what 15-25 forward in the entire league. Getting on the guy is easy based on performance but you know what's more of a stretch, saying I told you so after a game where he finally contributes.

I haven’t said I told you so. I said the way you’ve been going on about him all year is unnecessary, and (thankfully)unlikely to age well.

Didn't realize it was up for you to decide what's necessary. I'll be sure to check with you first going forward.

This is all funny as hell being what I said in this thread essentially was maybe we should be careful before having any expectations around what Miller may or may not be at the NHL level until he you know actually shows us something. The expectations around Kakko turned out to be a part of the problem leading to disappointment by many. Miller shouldn't be handed a NHL job without earning it especially coming of a lackluster season.

** disclaimer (again) we all want every pick and player to excel and for the team to compete at the highest level, it's never about wanting anyone to struggle or fail **

https://theathletic.com/1664788/2020/03/11/wheeler-risers-and-fallers-since-the-2019-nhl-draft/

• Like 1