• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#68) Rangers v. New Jersey Devils // Scrub Recognize Scrub

Phil

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember we’re playing meaningful hockey in the last month of the season - we’d all take that at the beginning of the year and it’s all just learning for these guys. Playoff dream is nice but this team just needs time and experience and this is all great for that

Fox started this game so strong, then had about as bad of 2 periods you could have.

Lots of players did that today.

Brendan Smith was atrocious. ADA had a bad game. Fox had a bad game. Shesterkin had a bad game.

Sucks to throw a winnable game like this. Just makes it harder to think about how we get to the promised land.

Lots of players did that today.

Brendan Smith was atrocious. ADA had a bad game. Fox had a bad game. Shesterkin had a bad game.

Sucks to throw a winnable game like this. Just makes it harder to think about how we get to the promised land.

Just mean he took a bad penalty and Devils scored. Then he played soft in front of the net shortly after and Devils scored. The bad unforced giveaway for the ENG just kind of summarized how the last 2 periods went for him.

Fuck, that was a rough night. Hate to pin the blame on Igor as most of the team was shitty tonight. But gotta wonder how things might've gone had they started Henrik.

Yeah. This is a double loss. Zero points tonight and Igor got lit up. Makes our goaltending situation going into next week?s tough games very unsettling.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yeah. This is a double loss. Zero points tonight and Igor got lit up. Makes our goaltending situation going into next week’s tough games very unsettling.

Gotta go back to Shesterkin and hope it was just one rusty game, and he gets back to himself for the next one.

And there it is. The jinx that pushes Shesterkin to lose every game he plays from here on through his career. Say hello to the new Jim Carey. LOL.

I'm super excited about Shesterkin, but can we back off on taking about him like this? He's played 10 games.

What a jerk.

Really sucks. I didn’t get to watch too much of the game because of work but I’ve said a few times, playoffs are so important to this team THIS year just do that hump is reached and next year it’s more expected. Wale the F up boys

We're close, but forward depth is an obvious issue and the help will mostly have to come internally, at least for one more year, due to cap.

That's where Andersson would have came in handy had he not washed out.

They gotta deal one of these picks for some controllable forward help in the bottom six.

We're close, but forward depth is an obvious issue and the help will mostly have to come internally, at least for one more year, due to cap.

That's where Andersson would have came in handy had he not washed out.

They gotta deal one of these picks for some controllable forward help in the bottom six.

Big Picture; progress is going to require some of the young forwards step up and contribute. Right now on nights teams limit Panarin and Zib, it is not happening. Same thing with defense; would be wonderful if Miller or somebody else internally could replace Staal. Doesn't mean those things won't happen, but they haven't this season.

Yeah. I’d like to see them package one of the 1sts and a prospect and do a Trouba style deal for a good, young forward who can play now. Make a pick with the other. I think that’s the way to go to balance the present and future.

m

By starting a goalie who clearly isn?t ready. You aren?t watching the game?

Yeah because it was Shesty?s fault.

The other have let in 5 goals in their last starta too, and looked way worse. Quinn started the best goalie and the team played horrible.

Missed the live broadcast and watched on DVR late. There were moments of quickness on our part but for most of the 60-min? We looked a step slow. Hardly saw a pass connect properly. Igor not stellar but that?s gonna? happen.

NJD looked fast, physical (every man finished every check) and had a defensive scheme that handcuffed our offense.

Yeah because it was Shesty?s fault.

The other have let in 5 goals in their last starta too, and looked way worse. Quinn started the best goalie and the team played horrible.

No it's Quinn's fault for bringing Shesty back early in his quest for personal glory.

That said...Why can't you admit that he played like ass which is just to be expected after an injury and layoff?

And then not try and bucket it all together? Lundqvist didn't play for a month and the team played like shit and stood there refusing to defend on 4 of the 5 goals.

And then Georgiev gave up 5 vs Caps because he wasn't good either.

It's like no one can look at the goalies as individuals and evaluate the performances on their own merit and on top of that when the answer to "Shesty wasn't good last night" becomes "Well the other goalies suck too!" you can tell people have completely lost perspective on this shit.

Almost the same as anointing him the best goalie in the league after 11 games.

Christ, the kid is going to be a rock start, can we let that develop and actually have him earn it without jizzing over him for just showing up?