• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Matthew Barnaby Arrested After Allegedly Choking Bouncer

Phil

8a9d051c304f4305be0938377aadde76_md.jpg

Former NHL star Matthew Barnaby was arrested Thursday ... he allegedly choked a bouncer during a brawl at a bar -- and the mug shot he took afterward is pretty crazy.

Here's the deal ... cops say they responded to Nashville Crossroads bar in downtown Nashville, Tenn. after they received a call about an altercation with patrons.

Once officers arrived on scene ... they say witnesses told them 46-year-old Barnaby, his girlfriend and other bar-goers had gotten into a scrap, when Matthew began choking a bouncer.

Cops say they noticed "a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage" on Barnaby's breath when they went to talk to him and say he had watery eyes and slurred speech.

Cops add the bouncer wished to press charges against the former Dallas Stars winger for the alleged choking incident ... so they arrested Matthew.

Barnaby was booked and charged with assault and public intoxication. He has a court date to face the charges set for later this month.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/05/matthew-barnaby-nhl-arrest-bouncer-choke-nashville-bar/

LOL@mugshot

I always liked him when he was here. He played really well. I still remember one game where he scored the game-winner against Pittsburgh in the final minute of regulation and went so crazy in celebration that one of his teammates (Jeff Toms, I think) had to grab him and reel him in a bit. lol

LOL@mugshot

I always liked him when he was here. He played really well. I still remember one game where he scored the game-winner against Pittsburgh in the final minute of regulation and went so crazy in celebration that one of his teammates (Jeff Toms, I think) had to grab him and reel him in a bit. lol

yeah..he was pretty entertaining during the dark ages

Being charged with that basically means “charged with being a drunken douche after being asked multiple times to stfu”

but still its pretty funny. I mean its a bar, you go there to get intoxicated..lol

and what kind of a bouncer is it? gets choked and sues?

imagine at work a boss gives you an assignment. You do not complete cause its too hard, you turn around and sue your boss for giving a hard assignment you cant complete....lol