• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Would it Take to Get Jack Eichel?

Flynn

Getting paid is US dollars and living in Canada is ideal. It probably makes up for the Chairman Mao inspired tax rates we enjoy here. I'm working poor and have a 45% marginal rate. There's taxes on taxes, taxes on permits, levies on permit taxes, and whatever is left over a further 13% tax on whatever you buy. Still, US dollars here would put you miles ahead.

The issue is the country. It's boring in the winter, the weather sucks, customs sucks, I could go on and on. Particularly with US hockey players, who almost all grew up rich, it's probably a shock at how utterly bland and depressing everything is, particularly in the winter.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting paid is US dollars and living in Canada is ideal. It probably makes up for the Chairman Mao inspired tax rates we enjoy here. I'm working poor and have a 45% marginal rate. There's taxes on taxes, taxes on permits, levies on permit taxes, and whatever is left over a further 13% tax on whatever you buy. Still, US dollars here would put you miles ahead.

The issue is the country. It's boring in the winter, the weather sucks, customs sucks, I could go on and on. Particularly with US hockey players, who almost all grew up rich, it's probably a shock at how utterly bland and depressing everything is, particularly in the winter.

For sure they would

But you’re still paying more taxes and losing more money up there vs being in the US.

Worse is a relative term in this case.

I wouldn’t want to pay Canadian taxes on $10 million for the next 6 years. Especially being an American kid as he is.

Suspect Auston Matthews, also a US citizen, has no problem making up the extra tax $ in Toronto in endorsements. Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg,Ottawa..no.

There are almost two places worse than Buffalo in the NHL.

He might not get the same voice elsewhere. He's gotten a coach fired, and a change of GM, along with say in different moves in personnel/players.

• 3 weeks later...
Jack Eichel has every reason to be furious with the absurd plan to complete the season which will put him in moth balls from March to December. The state of Buffalo is sad, given that they probably have the best fans in the league. There are a lot of teams that would be drawing 5,000 a game after such prolonged futility.

Jack Eichel has every reason to be furious with the absurd plan to complete the season which will put him in moth balls from March to December. The state of Buffalo is sad, given that they probably have the best fans in the league. There are a lot of teams that would be drawing 5,000 a game after such prolonged futility.

And the absurd amount of premium draft capital they’ve had over the last 7-8 drafts and being unable to spin that into a competitive team.