• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Would it Take to Get Jack Eichel?

Flynn

Buffalo is missing the playoffs again and seem directionless..

What does a Rangers trade package look like that gets Jack Eichel in return? The kid is dying a slow death there and it?s a crying ass shame.

Not sure if this is the correct spot for this.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would take a lot. Chytil, one or both of our 1st this year, Lundkvist/Miller and we would have to get rid of some salary, so Staal/Smith + something else.

Its just too complicated and too risky for both franchises to do a trade like that right now I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'd give them the world, but I'd also ask them to absord some garbage, as they'd be doing a total tear down/re-set if they moved him.

To NYR

Jack Eichel

2020 2nd

To BUF

Kravtsov/Chtyil

Lundqvist/Miller

Their choice of: Howden/Andersson/Barron/Hajek

(2) 1st Rounders; Their choice of year(s)

Brendan Smith/Marc Staal (no retention)

Ideally I'd slot Strome down to 3C, but you could dump that cap hit if necessary.

Basically, everything. Regardless of what happens to Botterill (he's getting fired), the Sabres have to get every ounce they can in an Eichel deal because they lose it by default (of losing the best player in the deal). It would look a lot like what Dunny proposed. Maybe worse (as in more).

Basically, if it doesn't make you immediately second guess if you'd even make the deal, the answer is no.

I'd give them the world, but I'd also ask them to absord some garbage, as they'd be doing a total tear down/re-set if they moved him.

To NYR

Jack Eichel

2020 2nd

To BUF

Kravtsov/Chtyil

Lundqvist/Miller

Ideally I'd slot Strome down to 3C, but you could dump that cap hit if necessary.

The more I think about it, the more I'd consider doing this. The actual roster doesn't take so much of a hit. The problem is long-term competitiveness. Everything that the rebuild has worked to do is effectively thrown out the window in terms of assets. Do you also retain Zib beyond his current deal if you have Eichel? That's awesome center depth right there, but you'd be paying two centers $10M each most likely.

No no no no. Yes Eichel is an awesome talent but we stay the course. We have some awesome talent and some developing talent. There is no quick fix to build a dynasty. There’s hard work, patience, and timely transactions. Tearing down our hard work to get one piece while removing 3-4 pieces doesn’t fix anything honestly. We are fine. We already eclipse Buffalo in terms of who is closer to being a contender. Why fuck with that?

The more I think about it, the more I'd consider doing this. The actual roster doesn't take so much of a hit. The problem is long-term competitiveness. Everything that the rebuild has worked to do is effectively thrown out the window in terms of assets. Do you also retain Zib beyond his current deal if you have Eichel? That's awesome center depth right there, but you'd be paying two centers $10M each most likely.

I'd rather stick with what they have and worry about fixing what needs fixing. Last I checked, Eichel doesn't play defense. The story of the Rangers is a simple one — sixth in GF/GP (3.32) versus 19th in GA/GP (3.09).

More offense is fun, but better defense is the key to winning long-term.

Can't see any scenario where they would even consider it. None, zero.

Well I mean Panarin was traded after a 30 goal 77 point season at 24 years old so anything I guess is possible. I just don’t think he would help us more than hurt us for losing our depth that will develop (considering I think it would take Shesh, Fox, plus next two 1sts or more

I'd rather stick with what they have and worry about fixing what needs fixing. Last I checked, Eichel doesn't play defense. The story of the Rangers is a simple one — sixth in GF/GP (3.32) versus 19th in GA/GP (3.09).

More offense is fun, but better defense is the key to winning long-term.

That's fair. I think having two top-flight centers is still incredibly useful. There's still replacement from within on defense unless for some reason you're trading your entire defensive prospect pool for Eichel. Do they effectively become the Leafs? Sort of, but I think the Rangers already have better defensemen than the Leafs and more in the works.

That's fair. I think having two top-flight centers is still incredibly useful. There's still replacement from within on defense unless for some reason you're trading your entire defensive prospect pool for Eichel. Do they effectively become the Leafs? Sort of, but I think the Rangers already have better defensemen than the Leafs and more in the works.

I'm not opposed to another (top) center. I'm opposed to paying what it will take to get Eichel when a less damaging path remains.

I don’t really see a trade suggested here that makes it worthwhile for the Sabres.

If they’re going down that road they need an elite prospect on top of picks and a couple of good/b prospects.

The Rangers don’t really have one of those to trade. Might have been different if Kravtsov didn’t have a meltdown and was tearing up the AHL.

At the end of the day, coming out of a trade like that you have to feel like you lost a great player but at least you traded for assets that significantly jump starts a rebuild. The closest the Rangers comes to that is a deal including Fox I guess.

To NYR

Jack Eichel

2020 2nd

To BUF

Kravtsov/Chtyil

Lundqvist/Miller

six first rounders for Jack ,seven if you count Staal

Can't see any scenario where they would even consider it. None, zero.

Realistically, all it takes is Eichel going to the GM and the press and demanding a trade. A squeaky wheel, including the best player, can really force the hand of management.. This wouldn't be a money play, once the spirit is broken I'm not sure how an inept management staff can fix it short of a trade. I don't think its out of the question at all to see Eichel moved at some point in the near future.. And on paper you ask for a kings ransom, but history shows us you normally get a quarter, two dimes and a few pennies in exchange for your crisp dollar bill in these trades.