• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Would it Take to Get Jack Eichel?

Flynn

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude should be quiet. His NTC doesnt kick in for a few more seasons. His ass gunna end up in Winnipeg.

Pretty sure he might be open to that at this point, no?

He needs to be careful. They can ship him anywhere and regardless of his motivation, it doesn’t look good when players complain like this.

But he does have a legitimate bitch so in part, I can’t blame him for being frustrated.

8 straight drafts (including the one upcoming) with a top 10 pick. That’s 2013-2020

Going back one more year to 2012 draft, they’ve had 23 picks in rounds 1 & 2.

11 of them 1st rounders.

With that run of picks, you have to question the process and such there.

How do you not put together a winner, or at least a playoff team or two, with that amount of draft capital?

Now they have a franchise C and a franchise D to build around, so they’ve acquired some main pieces.

But no playoffs in 9 years?

I’m glad he hasn’t asked for a trade yet. But if I were in his shoes, while I wouldn’t be airing stuff publicly, very privately, I’d question whether that organization and the people making decisions really knows what they are doing.

They may be approaching critical mass with him.

If he became available though (and I don’t think he truly is as of now) price would be insane.

Dude should be quiet. His NTC doesnt kick in for a few more seasons. His ass gunna end up in Winnipeg.

I was thinking the same. I get being frustrated but this is a few times now he's openly complained about their direction. That he leads as captain.

He's gonna end up traded to Arizona or Winnipeg, or some other undesirable destination with an equal outcome: no playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I was thinking the same. I get being frustrated but this is a few times now he's openly complained about their direction. That he leads as captain.

He's gonna end up traded to Arizona or Winnipeg, or some other undesirable destination with an equal outcome: no playoffs.

I prefer this to McDavid's quiet stewing, which everybody knows is ghosted complaining.

Buffalo is a shitty place to play and live. I think he'd sign up for anywhere else. I doubt "playing in Winnipeg for a playoff team" would scare him.

He should be vocal. Ownership and management should be happy that he is not happy with being in the league for 5 years already and losing every year. I don't think he has requested a trade? If so, not publicly. Publicly demanding a trade is where I draw the line personally.

• Like 1

Buffalo is a shitty place to play and live. I think he'd sign up for anywhere else. I doubt "playing in Winnipeg for a playoff team" would scare him.

He should be vocal. Ownership and management should be happy that he is not happy with being in the league for 5 years already and losing every year. I don't think he has requested a trade? If so, not publicly. Publicly demanding a trade is where I draw the line personally.

This +1.

I really don't see it as a big deal and my guess is he maybe more than willing to roll the dice and play elsewhere. Personally I'd take living in Arizona and missing the playoffs over Buffalo. Plus he could end up going somewhere other than a bottom feeder. Did he really say anything that egregious?

Now NJ, Ott and Fla would be sentenced to purgatory.

I don't know how long Eichel should be expected to endure this. Nash played, what, one four game playoff series in nine years in Columbus before finally putting the kabosh on it. Eichel is at five. He wouldn't be an unreasonable malcontent to say enough is enough.

I don't know how long Eichel should be expected to endure this. Nash played, what, one four game playoff series in nine years in Columbus before finally putting the kabosh on it. Eichel is at five. He wouldn't be an unreasonable malcontent to say enough is enough.
Yeah, I don't get the issue with this. He only has one career and management has failed to build around him.

If people want to bemoan him saying this stuff to the media, whatever. But he's not wrong.

Its not that bad to be honest. Western NY has had more mild winters 6 of the last 8 years than long island, nyc

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't get the issue with this. He only has one career and management has failed to build around him.

If people want to bemoan him saying this stuff to the media, whatever. But he's not wrong.

No issue or bemoaning here.

He absolutely has a legit point to be complaining about.

Just saying he should be careful

He has limited leverage, he took their money, and he?s their Captain.

Not the best look for him.

No issue or bemoaning here.

He absolutely has a legit point to be complaining about.

Just saying he should be careful

He has limited leverage, he took their money, and he?s their Captain.

Not the best look for him.

I didn't read the article, but from what I can tell all he said is that he's tired of losing and it's weighing heavily on him.

If he blamed management or coaches in the article, that's a different story.

All he's saying is that he hates to lose. And he pulls his weight on the ice, so he kind of has the right to say it.

To be fair, Arizona with Eichel is probably a playoff team out of that division. And living in Scottsdale is vastly superior to Buffalo in every possible imaginable way. Seems like a no-brainer to me unless you put immense value on the hockey knowledge of the locals and the standing of the game in that area.

I'm not saying he's wrong. I'm saying he's been vocally critical on numerous occasions now, and he's probably going to end up traded to a place not much better, if not worse, because of it.

To be fair, Arizona with Eichel is probably a playoff team out of that division. And living in Scottsdale is vastly superior to Buffalo in every possible imaginable way. Seems like a no-brainer to me unless you put immense value on the hockey knowledge of the locals and the standing of the game in that area.

I'll take Anchor Bar, proximity to Toronto, and small town community over 100 degree mornings and tumbleweeds any day. ?\_(ツ)_/?

Plus, I never have to worry that the team is going to up and fold because some local City councilman or owner pulled out of a deal at the last minute.

I didn't read the article, but from what I can tell all he said is that he's tired of losing and it's weighing heavily on him.

If he blamed management or coaches in the article, that's a different story.

All he's saying is that he hates to lose. And he pulls his weight on the ice, so he kind of has the right to say it.

I agree with what you’re saying. I don’t have any issue with what he said nor him saying it.

He actually praised the coach.

Again, just saying he should be careful. Not the first time he’s spoken up like this. If only because he has zero trade protection for 2 more years. Kid has zero control over where he goes.

I'll take Anchor Bar, proximity to Toronto, and small town community over 100 degree mornings and tumbleweeds any day. ?\_(ツ)_/?

Plus, I never have to worry that the team is going to up and fold because some local City councilman or owner pulled out of a deal at the last minute.

Anchor Bar is trash

Duffs all the way

Again there's like two places he could go that are worse than where he is.

I agree with what you?re saying. I don?t have any issue with what he said nor him saying it.

He actually praised the coach.

Again, just saying he should be careful. Not the first time he?s spoken up like this. If only because he has zero trade protection for 2 more years. Kid has zero control over where he goes.

Worse is a relative term in this case.

I wouldn?t want to pay Canadian taxes on $10 million for the next 6 years. Especially being an American kid as he is.

That's you, that's not him.

He clearly wants to win, and I would say at least five of the seven Canadian teams have a better shot at winning in the near future than Buffalo.

That's you, that's not him.

He clearly wants to win, and I would say at least five of the seven Canadian teams have a better shot at winning in the near future than Buffalo.

Fair point.

But we all know it’s not desirable to play up there. Canadian dollars. High tax rates. And the like.

There’s not a ton of guys, even Canadian guys, storming the border to play up there.

And for what it’s worth, Buffalo has as many appearances in Cup Finals in last 20+ seasons as any of the 3 Canadian teams that have gotten there have. Just 1.

Look, I wouldn’t want to be in Buffalo either. But it’s not exactly like the Canadian teams are burning it up either.

I’d give Toronto, Winnipeg, and Calgary better odds. But I don’t think any of them win a cup in the near future either. Toronto has the best shot. But they also have holes and no cap space to fix them.

Edmonton is just dysfunctional

Montreal is about to hit the reset button while saddled to an aging goaltender in decline with a massive contract

Vancouver is improving but still in a rebuild

Ottawa is in good position to rebuild, but they’re still owned by some guy named Melnyk.

If you want to win, don’t go to Canada.

We’re nearly 30 years from the last Canadian cup winner. That’s not a coincidence.