• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#65) Rangers v. Philadelphia Flyers // Let's Try This Again

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious what the off-ice stuff was. The best I could find is that he overslept a couple of meetings and demanded a trade at the beginning of this season after he was sent back to Bridgeport again (and didn't report for a while). I'd imagine that the Islanders don't bother qualifying him at the end of the season so he'll be a UFA.

Yeah, you gotta wonder, no? It's not like the production was missing - he did just fine for his age in the A.

If Ho Sang was worth anything Lamoriello and Trotz are not kicking him to the curb. He's a problem child.

Well the Rangers could use their "problem". Their problem would be the Rangers best option for a depth winger. Why not take a shot at a kid who still has potential. They have nothing to lose.

I understand how the call ups limit works man.

Um...you literally said:

If they only have 2 call ups remaining (is that accurate? They have called up 4 or 5 guys this season)

I'm just saying, what are they saving them for?

In case someone suffers a long-term injury in which case they would need a regular call up and not an emergency call up.

I think the Rangers need all the help they can get at this point. If anything with NHL experience is available, I think they need to grab them. Uncle Giuseppe isn't moving the needle anymore. McKegg must be someone in the organizations nephew, because he has no redeeming hockey quality. If Brandon Pirri gets sent back down Inna day, I fucking grab him. Why not? If Vegas can find a need for him, why can't this banged up mess? Josh Ho sang? Dude the Rangers have holes and guys like this should be grabbed to fill them. Smith, McKegg, Di Giuseppe, Haley ( I know he's been out). .Why? These guys are not useful to the team.

I just disagree with all of this. Your solution for replacement-level players is to replace them with other replacement-level players who you'd also probably lament about. Dope.

Um...you literally said:

In case someone suffers a long-term injury in which case they would need a regular call up and not an emergency call up.

I just disagree with all of this. Your solution for replacement-level players is to replace them with other replacement-level players who you'd also probably lament about. Dope.

And? I know and knew (wasn't aware they sent down Howden and Gauthier) if the limits. I didn't understand why you think they shouldn't use them, while saying they aren't really interested in going all out and wasting assets... If they aren't serious about going for it... What are they saving the call ups for? If they are going to use them, NOW would be the time, as they need any kind of offense.

I don't understand retaining anyone ... Point was, they obviously were serious about going for it. Yet you claim they aren't..

If they have an injury... You're allowed an emergency call up... Again. What are they saving them for?

Players with scoring ability are not in the Rangers system. Annnd according to you, they refuse to use any more call ups. Do, the only way I can think of adding a player with skill is to comb the waiver wire for fringe talent. I think that's better than standing pat with guys that are barely even capable grinders. Adding a Pirri can jump start the PP, because the guy shoots a ton.

I'm not suggesting picking up grinders who can't play.

He has 30 goals in 175 AHL games. He's been on waivers where literally anybody could have had him for nothing, even the Red Wings, Kings and Senators passed.

Where are you going to plug him in on this team?

3rd or 4th line, in place of crap grinders like DiGiuseppe, McKegg and I'm sure the eventual return to forward for Smith. Kids 23. You ready to give up on Lias Andersson? Kinda similar situation.