• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Choo Choo — All Aboard the Playoffs Train!

Phil

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of trains, Brendan Smith is a train wreck on d.

They have to figure something better out than pairing him with Trouba or anyone else for that matter.

Best option would be to move one of the righties to the left, creating a top-4 of some form of Trouba, Fox, ADA, and Lindgren

But that puts 2 lefties in Staal and Smith on the bottom pair, with Smith on the right.

I don’t think they like that.

Hajek and Rykov aren’t viable replacements right now.

I’d probably just bite the bullet and play my 4 best D in the top-4, and really limit and shelter the ice time I gave Smith and Staal.

And I don’t think Quinn trusts ADA enough defensively to give him those extra minutes.

Best option would be to move one of the righties to the left, creating a top-4 of some form of Trouba, Fox, ADA, and Lindgren

But that puts 2 lefties in Staal and Smith on the bottom pair, with Smith on the right.

I don?t think they like that.

Hajek and Rykov aren?t viable replacements right now.

I?d probably just bite the bullet and play my 4 best D in the top-4, and really limit and shelter the ice time I gave Smith and Staal.

And I don?t think Quinn trusts ADA enough defensively to give him those extra minutes.

Smith is a righty

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Speaking of trains, Brendan Smith is a train wreck on d.

They have to figure something better out than pairing him with Trouba or anyone else for that matter.

Really? I didn't watch Brendan Smith and think "trainwreck" last night. I thought "serviceable".

I watched Staal and thought trainwreck though.

Quinn said he thought Smith had a great game and was really "happy for him."

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He was fine. His footspeed is an issue alongside Trouba but they'll just have to play safe enough that they're not getting into too many foot races.

Staal is definitely the odd man out but I doubt anyone they have in the A is much better currently. Hajek is still working on his decision-making and Rykov has been injured and slow. Hopefully one of them can step up next season.

Not surprisingly, playoff talk has turned to talk about Smith and Staal, because that's what it hinges on.

We have the toughest schedule, but we have two players who are better than anyone on the teams we have to get past. Last night was a good example of a so-so team effort turned into a win by our two best players.

If the goaltending is solid and stops pucks at a 915-920 rate, I think they're a 50/50 proposition to get in.

If they do and Shesterkin is back in full swing, which he should be, I wouldn't want my prize for finishing first in my division to have to beat that goalie coupled with that offence as my 1st round prize. Think I'd rather take my chances with the Flyers or Islanders.

If the goaltending is solid and stops pucks at a 915-920 rate, I think they're a 50/50 proposition to get in.

If they do and Shesterkin is back in full swing, which he should be, I wouldn't want my prize for finishing first in my division to have to beat that goalie coupled with that offence as my 1st round prize. Think I'd rather take my chances with the Flyers or Islanders.

Yes if the rangers sneak in being one of the best teams in the league for four months that is an unfortunate first seed prize

If you look at the glass as half full, the Rangers have 4 less wins than Washington and Pittsburgh. This team can beat any other team on any given night but the playoffs are a different animal and the top teams would take only 5 games to knock this team out. I'm just pumped that the Rangers giving themselves a real good chance to get in. Heal quickly Igor!! LLLLLets Gooo RANGERS !

I remember a 1986 Rangers team that was also very young that knocked out the heavily favored Flyers and Washington Caps that year on the back of a hot goalie (VBK) and inspired play by some yutes (Ridley, Miller, Sandstrom, Brooke, Jeep, etc..). Rangers only had 78 points that year while the Caps & Flyers had 107 and 110 respectively. So the point is once you get to the dance anything can happen, especially a team that is playing their best hockey toward the end of the season.