• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jacob Trouba Hit on Michael Dal Colle

Phil

I wish I was high right now. But even stone-cold sober, it's a clean hit to me, and I wouldn't give a shit if Buchnevich got caught the same way. The only thing I'd care about is if no one responded.

No response would irritate me ala Girardi/Gaborik/Carcillo situation. Need to respond to certain things. Big, clean hits like this one included. Pageau did very well to respond, and with a new team that's a quick way to earn your teammates' and new fans' respect.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think first contact was to the head?

It's interesting to see that you knew sarcasm was involved but you took it seriously.

How many times a day do you say "You're high if you think X, Y, Z"?

It's an accepted form of banter, which I thought was what happened here.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I wish I was high right now. But even stone-cold sober, it's a clean hit to me, and I wouldn't give a shit if Buchnevich got caught the same way. The only thing I'd care about is if no one responded.
I stopped talking about a clean hit last night.

It's about the way the NHL calls the game night to night vs what's in their rulebook.

The hit is definitely to the head, I watched the replay as much as you guys and we can all post a freeze frame that supports our position.

The hit was predatory.

It could have been avoided.

The NHL has used this exact language to justify suspension or lack thereof. The fact that he could have avoided and made head contact are rules violations.

And even if we want to argue they aren't, the NHL makes it up as it goes.

I stopped talking about a clean hit last night.

It's about the way the NHL calls the game night to night vs what's in their rulebook.

The hit is definitely to the head, I watched the replay as much as you guys and we can all post a freeze frame that supports our position.

The hit was predatory.

It could have been avoided.

The NHL has used this exact language to justify suspension or lack thereof. The fact that he could have avoided and made head contact are rules violations.

And even if we want to argue they aren't, the NHL makes it up as it goes.

They called it right in the game and they called it right post game by their rulebook. If you're looking for something that is the equivalent of two hand touch, this isn't the sport to watch.

You also decided it was because you didn't want to spend all day on it. Yet here we are, after you spent all day on it lol...you take this stuff too seriously
I didn't want to spend the day going back and forth with you, specifically, because you take it just as seriously and (like me) like to have the last word.

So there's no point when, as I said, we're not changing each other's mind.

New to the forum

Clean hit and a refreshing part of the game being restored by Trouba and Lindgren

I always liked those type of hits!! The old Gilles Marotte hip check!!! :rofl:

NHL gotta take a look at the interpretation on that rule though...

Welcome my good man!!! :cheers:

I hope Trouba drops a Hab tonight like a bad habit. I could get used to this level of physicality real quick. :D

Never disliked the Trouba signing and this is an example of an intangible that doesn’t show up on the score sheet. Love that we have someone throwing these hits every game.

It's nice to see someone donning Rangers blue throw big hits. I haven't seen one in fucking years. If Trouba toes the line of legality while throwing these hits, fine - sign me the fuck up.

I hope Trouba drops a Hab tonight like a bad habit. I could get used to this level of physicality real quick. :D

It's nice to see someone donning Rangers blue throw big hits. I haven't seen one in fucking years. If Trouba toes the line of legality while throwing these hits' date=' fine - sign me the fuck up.[/quote']

I think Trouba is so much better when someone pisses in his Cheerios. The guy plays a ton better when he plays angry. He should be dropping the hammer more often; he's no lightweight either at 6' 3" 205lbs. He made a nice little statement the other night. I want to see him follow it up with a solid, ANGRY, game tonight.

It?s not so much that guys glossed it over, just some decided it?s illegal regardless because a whisper of his head was touched. It was legal. Point of contact was chest. His head is connected to that so of course it gets affected to. Refs and nhl got it right.

For what it?s worth, listening to nhl network on Sirius all day so far and the consensus is legal check but if it was your player, you?d be pissed too.

Or maybe your opinion is just different? I?ve listened to countless Islander fans calling up saying the hit was clean. Give the vitriol a rest for a change. It?s an opinion and interpretation of a hockey play.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Keirik again."

I spent the whole day listening to NHL Radio on Sirius as well. No one called it an illegal hit except a few whining Islander fans. Even most of them said it was a good hit. Figures I come on here and Pete, of all people, is whining about it being illegal. Yawwwn

• Like 1

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Keirik again."

I spent the whole day listening to NHL Radio on Sirius as well. No one called it an illegal hit except a few whining Islander fans. Even most of them said it was a good hit. Figures I come on here and Pete, of all people, is whining about it being illegal. Yawwwn

This is exactly the kind of post that people love to whine about coming from me.

That's why I laugh when people bitch about me. We're all alike LOL.